Not open for further replies.
I saw one of those homely signs yesterday on a craft market
"Young enough to still be able to but old enough not to want to"

Can't find my T-shirt that reads
"Old enough to know better.
Young enough not to give a XXXX!"

29. Fast approaching 30

:D

This year sees a special Birthday with a 0 and a 6 in it (I'll let you decide which way round they go)...
Happy to say everything still works as per the manual.

I had a 9 year old in as part of a family photoshoot last week and I was wondering why he was giving me a strange look every time I lifted the camera to take a shot.
After a few different poses, I managed to get him to relax and loosen up a bit and he finally got brave enough to speak up about what was bothering him

"How can you see what's on the screen on the back if you keep liftting the camera up in front of your face?"

I suddenly realised that he was part of a generation that had only grown up with digital cameras and had absolutely no idea what a viewfinder was :LOL:
That made me feel VERY old!

* I let him have a little look through the camera when we were doing his sister's shots and he thought it was the coolest thing ever!

How old are you supposed to feel when there isn't even a screen o_O.....no viewfinder indeed

It doesn't make me feel old, its just really weird meeting people that just have no clue, you can forgive a 9 year old of course but I meet people in their flippin 20's who's amazement at a camera with no screen is....well......amazing.
Its like its some kind of ju ju voodoo box.

Is that gonna be the measuring stick now - viewfinder = very old, no screen = borrowed time mate, dead man walking, if you don't kick the bucket through old age in the next 10 minutes the ju ju voodo box will do the job.:ROFLMAO:

I need a viewfinder - and one with dioptre correction at that! I hate shooting when wearing specs (much prefer contact lenses!) so need the correction to see what I've shot and what settings I'm about to use. A lot of my photography is while we're on holiday too and it's hard to see the rear screen in very bright sunshine!

I stopped counting when I got to forty, I can't remember how long ago that was. :eek:

48 years old company director, love my film photography mainly with my overhauled F2 also have an Olympus EM5 Mk2.
Edging down to retirement in 6 years to a house on Crete.

I had a 9 year old in as part of a family photoshoot last week and I was wondering why he was giving me a strange look every time I lifted the camera to take a shot.
After a few different poses, I managed to get him to relax and loosen up a bit and he finally got brave enough to speak up about what was bothering him

"How can you see what's on the screen on the back if you keep liftting the camera up in front of your face?"

I suddenly realised that he was part of a generation that had only grown up with digital cameras and had absolutely no idea what a viewfinder was :LOL:
That made me feel VERY old!

* I let him have a little look through the camera when we were doing his sister's shots and he thought it was the coolest thing ever!

It's when you get your vinyl records out and get "Look at the size of those CD's"!

I remember telex machines. :(

Then again I did get told off by my 10 year junior colleague for being childish eariler (I was rowing myself round the warehouse on a trolley with an exhaust pipe paddle)

63, Valentine's day this year.

The first computer I used had punched paper tape for storage.
My first computer :D
38710_bajo-50-bead-abacus-wide_2_.jpg

Born at the beginning of the severe winter of 1962/3. My mother said I didn’t go outside for the first six months of my life :eek:
I got a new bike for Christmas that year, I couldn't ride it till Easter ... gutted :(

Old enough to have done 2 years National Service.

I will be eligible to enter senior golf competitions as of July and will be 6 in September...

Old enough to remember playing jet set Willy (!) on the ZX Spectrum (y)

I preferred Attic Attack. Used to pack tapes of games for the Spectrum, BBC B, C64 and others as well as business software for some.

BBC B yep had one of those too. Before that we had space invaders on the commodore pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back