Hyster's 52, Respect added.

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
The last couple of weeks have neither been fun or easy but he-ho, a psychologist would have a field day with how dark some of my fun shots that never made the cut were .:wacky: :D

Anyway, up to date now with these.

Sorry for not commenting on threads, I will get around to it.

Fun

Fun.jpg

Easy (as Pi)

Easy.jpg

Last edited:
Very good... Love the fun shot. (y) Easy works well too, although that also doesn't look a particularly easy shot to shoot. Good interpretation on both themes.

Nice interpretation, and the DOF is amazing. I like it. If there's anything this theme has done is it's shown how differently each has interpreted it.

a psychologist would have a field day with how dark some of my fun shots that never made the cut were .:wacky: :D

Sounds interesting. Care to share them? :D :LOL:

I really like the one that you chose, although there's something quite "dark" about that too. (in a good way)

You were obviously thinking along the same lines as me on "easy".
I'm glad that I didn't do "easy as Pi" - I don't think I could have matched that photo.
Very simple, but lovely DoF . . . it can't have been easy to get.

Hello Hyster, as always, an unsual but brilliant take on the theme. Lovin the fun shot made me smile, and the DoF that you are so good at is bang on again the the easy shot. Two excellent shots!! :clap: :clap:

LOVE, LOVE the fun shot. Brilliant composition and idea! :clap: :clap: (y)

Easy, :razz: it's easy for some. Again, I like the take!

Nice idea for easy, I dont even know anything about "pi", but apple pie! Now you started something :LOL:

Fun - great inventive fun idea for a shot! Nice use of DOF as well (y)

Easy - I like the idea but the shot itself is not making me jump up and down. I think it's because you have teamed it with Fun - which is the better shot imo.

Fun made me laugh :) Thats a clever idea :) and worth a few looks - I like it!

Easy is another clever interpretation and I like the way you've executed it ! I almost has a menacing feel - no idea why :)

Very good... Love the fun shot. (y) Easy works well too, although that also doesn't look a particularly easy shot to shoot. Good interpretation on both themes.

Thanks for that.

Nice interpretation, and the DOF is amazing. I like it. If there's anything this theme has done is it's shown how differently each has interpreted it.

Cheers

Sounds interesting. Care to share them? :D :LOL:

I really like the one that you chose, although there's something quite "dark" about that too. (in a good way)

You were obviously thinking along the same lines as me on "easy".
I'm glad that I didn't do "easy as Pi" - I don't think I could have matched that photo.
Very simple, but lovely DoF . . . it can't have been easy to get.

Thanks for the kind words Sarah.

Hello Hyster, as always, an unsual but brilliant take on the theme. Lovin the fun shot made me smile, and the DoF that you are so good at is bang on again the the easy shot. Two excellent shots!!

You are very kind.

LOVE, LOVE the fun shot. Brilliant composition and idea!
Easy, it's easy for some. Again, I like the take!

Thanks very much.

Nice idea for easy, I dont even know anything about "pi", but apple pie! Now you started something

Cheers Andy.

Fun - great inventive fun idea for a shot! Nice use of DOF as well (y)

Easy - I like the idea but the shot itself is not making me jump up and down. I think it's because you have teamed it with Fun - which is the better shot imo.

The easy shot was a bit of a cop out, end of holiday blues had kicked in :sulk:

Fun made me laugh :) Thats a clever idea :) and worth a few looks - I like it!

Easy is another clever interpretation and I like the way you've executed it ! I almost has a menacing feel - no idea why :)

Cheers for your comments.

Both spot on for the themes imo and very well done as to boot (y)

Many thanks.
I agree with Ruth - both spot on for the themes.

The first holds my attention more - and made me smile. :)

Jean

Thanks Jean.

Colour Weed 30

Colour.jpg

The above is my shot for the week...

however,..

Mrs Hyster really liked this,

Mogcolour.jpg

:shrug: It nearly got deleted because of its obvious imperfections but thought I would share it to get another view on it.

Hi Gary sorry to have fallen behind with my comments on your 52s:(

The Fun shot was your typical sense of humour that I like, very well thought out and executed. You really do think outside the box so very well...:clap:

Easy...very very clever shot again looks like a quick snap, but a clever idea put in to practise to show off you the way you think...:clap:

Colour...again simple idea but made in to a really lovely artistic shot that is stunning... I see what your wife was saying with the second shot, but you picked the right one for me on this one...(y)

Just one word mate.....Superb.....:clap::clap::clap:

Ooooooh pretty!!!

I like the angle of the second shot, but the first shot has the wow factor! That black background and then lighting from underneath has led to a stunning shot!

well done!!:clap::clap::clap:

Hi Gary sorry to have fallen behind with my comments on your 52s

The Fun shot was your typical sense of humour that I like, very well thought out and executed. You really do think outside the box so very well...:clap:

Easy...very very clever shot again looks like a quick snap, but a clever idea put in to practise to show off you the way you think...:clap:

Colour...again simple idea but made in to a really lovely artistic shot that is stunning... I see what your wife was saying with the second shot, but you picked the right one for me on this one...(y)

Just one word mate.....Superb.....:clap::clap::clap:

This is very lazy of me, sorry :(

But I completely agree with everything Marcus has said and my fingers are tired with all this catching up ;) :clap::clap:

The first shot definitely has the "wow factor" for me.
I like the abstract nature of the second one too, but it's lacking that something special that the first one has.

You know that I love my black background shots, but this one really is very good. I think it's the way that you've used the light to bring out the best in the straws.

I'm with Mrs Hyster - she clearly has impecable taste. :)

I love the abstract qualities of this shot. :clap:

I think #1 is excellent, too, but it's clearly a bunch of straws - beautifully photographed, but still a bunch of straws, whereas #2 is completely open to interpretation.

That's my twopenn'th, anyway. :D

Jean

I'm finding it hard to pick between the 2! If the second one was a bit sharper or drew your attention to a straw in particular then it would have won for me. But the composition on the first is excellent. I love those black background photos too. I really need to get around to doing some of those. How do you guys do them so well?

Quick catch up, I've fallen behind with so many 52's.

Fun is a great shot, I can't add to what's already been said about it.
Easy, what a great idea and I got it straight away, what does that say about me.......
Colour, I can see why Mrs Hyster likes the second shot, it has an intriguing feel about it and I like the way the colours have blurred into each other.

Mark

Colour.....#2 for me - the close up and abstract nature really appeals :) #1 is good but #2 grabs it for me :) And there's a weird sense of movement too :) Nice!

Heartfelt thanks to all who have taken the time to comment on my last pics, its all about the feedback.

For the first time I've kind of fallen behind, Here is my belated food pic.

Food

Food.jpg
[/IMG]

I have an idea for this weeks and hope to get back on track by shooting it tomorrow.

I like this, I like the way the asparagus tips are poking and and out of the dof :) Gives it a bit of a 3D feel!

I feel perhaps the colours or contrast could be a little boosted somehow to give a little more punch but thats just me being a picky git :D

Good shot well taken :D

Very simple and effective! Great photo too, and I agree with the DOF. There's 1 piece that's slightly distracting smack bang in the middle that creeped through the DOF, but it's barely worth mentioning! Great shot overall (y)

Colour - you definately picked the right shot, lovely colours.

Food - simple but effective. DOF is lovely (y)

I like this, I like the way the asparagus tips are poking and and out of the dof :) Gives it a bit of a 3D feel!

I feel perhaps the colours or contrast could be a little boosted somehow to give a little more punch but thats just me being a picky git :D

Good shot well taken :D

Cheers for your comment, I gave it a little more saturation and it looked a bit too much on my monitor.

Very simple and effective! Great photo too, and I agree with the DOF. There's 1 piece that's slightly distracting smack bang in the middle that creeped through the DOF, but it's barely worth mentioning! Great shot overall (y)

Cheers.

Colour - you definately picked the right shot, lovely colours.

Food - simple but effective. DOF is lovely (y)

Thank you very much.

Week 32 Exposed

I thought I had a great idea this week and it just did not turn out, this came togther at the last minute and all considered I'm fairly pleased with it, not because it anything special, just because I was starting to panic:LOL:

Have a great week folks.

IMG_2507-Edit-Edit.jpg

Your Food shot is stunning (y)

Exposed is a great take on the theme but it looks very other worldly to me and a little freaky. *runs away scared*

Hi Gary...
Food much better than my effort but a colour boost and it would be a cracking shot...:clap:

Exposed...
Blimey that's such a strange shot, I can't work it out...only that I like it a lot mate...you really do have a strange way of seeing things and it really works for me...:clap::clap::clap:

and dare I say it but that's a cracking Mono shot...:LOL:

but I'm sure you already got that one sorted in your head...brilliant stuff buddy...(y)

Love the DOF in the food shot, it's really worked well to bring the heads of the asparagus into focus.

But your exposed shot - "WOW!"
It's just stunning . . . why didn't I think of something like that?

I'm still trying to work out what the reflections are - and have you put a light source under it to light it up from inside?

Whatever you've done it really works . . . spooky / disturbing / intriguing . . .
One of my favourite shots on here :clap:

Your Food shot is stunning (y)

Exposed is a great take on the theme but it looks very other worldly to me and a little freaky. *runs away scared*

Cheers for your comments, didn't mean to frighten you :)

I love this take on the theme. It's almost haunting! Excellent photo (y)

Thanks

Hi Gary...
Food much better than my effort but a colour boost and it would be a cracking shot...:clap:

Exposed...
Blimey that's such a strange shot, I can't work it out...only that I like it a lot mate...you really do have a strange way of seeing things and it really works for me...:clap::clap:

and dare I say it but that's a cracking Mono shot...:LOL:

but I'm sure you already got that one sorted in your head...brilliant stuff buddy...(y)

Cheers Marcus, thanks for that.

last few weeks entries have been great.
you will have a 52 to be very proud of when we have finished.

Very kind of you Kenny, thanks.

Love the DOF in the food shot, it's really worked well to bring the heads of the asparagus into focus.

But your exposed shot - "WOW!"
It's just stunning . . . why didn't I think of something like that?

I'm still trying to work out what the reflections are - and have you put a light source under it to light it up from inside?

Whatever you've done it really works . . . spooky / disturbing / intriguing . . .
One of my favourite shots on here :clap:

Thank you Sarah, Its a silver Mask (bought for halloween a few years ago) the reflections are silver carwindscreen shades from Poundland :D I use them as reflectors, or in this case to give a bit of detail to an otherwise plain reflective surface.

Your spot on about the light , there is a flashgun under the mask covered in a bit of white paper, I thought is would add a bit more to the shot.

Ooops, missed your food shot, sorry :(

Really like this, sharp in all the right place and a good composition to boot :clap::clap:

Exposure, very out of this world and a great take on the theme. Looks sppoky and surreal and very Star Warsish :clap::clap:

Is that your neck and shoulders I can see reflected?

Thank you Sarah, Its a silver Mask (bought for halloween a few years ago) the reflections are silver carwindscreen shades from Poundland :D I use them as reflectors, or in this case to give a bit of detail to an otherwise plain reflective surface.

Your spot on about the light , there is a flashgun under the mask covered in a bit of white paper, I thought is would add a bit more to the shot.

I never would have thought of using car windscreen shades for something like that. Great idea!
(I think I may be picking myself up a set next time I pass one of those little pound shops :D)

Food, well composed and exposed a good shot.

Exposed, like others have said it's weird but very good, you've done well to control the light I think. :clap:

Two to be proud of!(y)

Ooops, missed your food shot, sorry :(

Really like this, sharp in all the right place and a good composition to boot :clap::clap:

Exposure, very out of this world and a great take on the theme. Looks sppoky and surreal and very Star Warsish :clap::clap:

Is that your neck and shoulders I can see reflected?

Thanks for your comments, no, potatoshopped myself out of it.

I never would have thought of using car windscreen shades for something like that. Great idea!
(I think I may be picking myself up a set next time I pass one of those little pound shops :D)

Poundland is great for stuff like that, I also bought some clamps to attach the screen shades to a lightstand, as the shades are silver it works quite well.

Food, well composed and exposed a good shot.

Exposed, like others have said it's weird but very good, you've done well to control the light I think. :clap:

Two to be proud of!(y)

Thank you very much Mark(y)

Week 33

Mono

This little fella hopped out of the grass tonight as I was cutting it :eek:

Bit of a cop out this one but its better than falling behind.

Mono.jpg

Sorry I've been neglecting your shots - I can't believe I've missed so many. :(

Food: This works for me. I love the dof and the fact that little tips of asparagus dip in and out of focus. Beautifully done. (y)

Exposed: Another vote for Star Wars from me. It's a very dramatic shot and really clever - I'd never have thought of that set up - thanks for sharing it. :)

Mono: Excellent. I must admit I've never thought of mowing the lawn with my camera at the ready. :LOL: Lovely capture though and glad it was with your camera not your lawnmower. :clap:

Jean

Back