I Fancy A Challenge, Anyone Else?

He will PM you when he's finished Chris.

Andy

I've got one shot to do then I'll PM you and post it on. Haven't had much of a chance to shoot between uni and the dreadful weather!

Oly turned up late this morning securely bound in about a hundred yards of tape... sadly he's still all tied up, as I had to drive to London and back today, and then London and Bath tomorrow... Let's hope it stays fine on Monday.

Oly turned up late this morning securely bound in about a hundred yards of tape... sadly he's still all tied up, as I had to drive to London and back today, and then London and Bath tomorrow... Let's hope it stays fine on Monday.

No, I was wrong! This securely taped up package is a Rally 4 camera bag. Sorry about that...

Really sorry I joined TP too late to join in this great activity. If you guys run this travelleing classic challenge again please oh please can I join in too?

Just found this post, if it starts up again please put my name down.
Many thanks
Albi. :cool:

Hi guys I'm sure we will do something similar very soon.

Andy

I've just posted off the Oly to Chris.

Along with a fiendish theme, beyond anything I could have imagined. I'm having to do research on a grand scale before I even get the Trip! I thought I'd maybe be able to polish off a few photos and send it on the same day, but no chance, sorry.

I'm having to do research on a grand scale before I even get the Trip!

Research Chris, really? Just find a person on their own, a small group, a large group or a mountain and Bob's your uncle :clap:

Along with a fiendish theme, beyond anything I could have imagined. I'm having to do research on a grand scale before I even get the Trip! I thought I'd maybe be able to polish off a few photos and send it on the same day, but no chance, sorry.

It's not fiendish, it's fun! Besides, all you have to do is wait for sunrise or sunset, everything looks interesting then. (y)

Research Chris, really? Just find a person on their own, a small group, a large group or a mountain and Bob's your uncle :clap:

The Trip's no worry, I've one of my own (perhaps I should have pushed to be in the other team). It's the theme Lloyd has set me! But apparently I can take an interesting sunset in black and white and I'll be ok! :thinking:

Does anyone know what film is in Oly? It kind of makes a difference to my theme...

Does anyone know what film is in Oly? It kind of makes a difference to my theme...

Nobody seems to know Chris, not even Andy :LOL: There does seem to be a belief that the film speed is 160 but whether that's a lovely roll of Portra or an uprated roll of FP4 nobody knows :LOL:

But apparently I can take an interesting sunset in black and white and I'll be ok! :thinking:

No idea what your theme is Chris, but B+W sunsets are quite cool.

Mono Sunset by simon ess, on Flickr

Don't take it too seriously. ;)

I reckon the shots I took will turn out to be rubbish. But that's ok. It's been fun.

Nobody seems to know Chris, not even Andy :LOL: There does seem to be a belief that the film speed is 160 but whether that's a lovely roll of Portra or an uprated roll of FP4 nobody knows :LOL:

What if I open the back and have a look? :nuts: OK, I promise not to... :naughty:

I'll have to choose 'cos I need to know which way to look, if you see what I mean. So I'm going to assume colour (which also might make the theme a little easier).

Olly has now definitely arrived, in good nick, on shot 26. Front door shot taken; sadly the postman wouldn't hang around while I unpacked it! Thinking cap now definitely on...

OK, shots now taken. Just about to PM Andy for Olly's last Trip details...

Chris has now delivered my theme and a fiendish one it is too.

So if the Oly team could post their theme's in here please as soon as I've taken mine I shall forward the film on to our very own Rob Hooley for dev and scan and we can post them in the appropriate thread.

Cheers

Andy

Chris has now delivered my theme and a fiendish one it is too.

So if the Oly team could post their theme's in here please as soon as I've taken mine I shall forward the film on to our very own Rob Hooley for dev and scan and we can post them in the appropriate thread.

Cheers

Andy

You might as well keep hold of it until next weekend, saves postage and will probably take the same amount of time (y)

Rob Hooley - Theme Opposites

My theme was "geometry"

Mine was "at war with the obvious"- Eggleston. Bit different from the others, but I'm glad I didn't get "boredom"!

"At war with the obvious"!!!

Holy crap!

I wouldn't know where to start.

Although - I'm starting to get a few ideas.

That's the great thing about these challenges. Forces you to think.

On reflection - I think that's a flippin' brilliant challenge.

I might well explore it. Going to take some time though.

I shan't tell you what mine is until I've finished but Chris has come up with something very interesting and I think I have a few ideas.....maybe?

Andy

The Olly has landed and in the box an unused roll of Fomapan.

Andy

OK piccies taken (even managed a sneaky 4th on the theme as we got 37 shots). The film was FP4+ which I don't even remember having....there you go then, brain fade.

My theme was....'process and decay are implicit'....a quote from sculptor and photographer Andy Goldsworthy, worth a googul of his work, interesting stuff.

Andy

The film was FP4+ which I don't even remember having....there you go then, brain fade.

Darn it, I'd convinced myself that 160 ISO meant Portra and therefore colour, so I definitely wasn't thinking in black and white!

(It always pays to get your excuses in early....:naughty:)

I'm really looking forward to the results, drum roll, tension increasing.... :clap:

Just waiting for the roll to come back from AGP, hopefully it will be here tomorrow and I'll scan them in on Monday evening and post them in another thread.

Andy

Back