i would like cs6 BUT

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I would like CS6/PS6 but
i dont own the other versions and dont want to spend £600.

is it acceptible to but CS3 then buy the upgrade to CS6?
ive seen that currently you can upgrade from version 3 but at the end of the year it will change to version 5 only.

would any one do this or has any one done this ?
and would it work?

thank you

:help:

You might also look at the student version (I think about £190) if your on a college course or similar you may well qualify.

nope past college stage would rather not go back
dont really like students :)
they get more discounts for doing nothing than the army do for doing everything

how does the student thing work any way?

would my way work or not?
thanks

nope past college stage would rather not go back
dont really like students :)
they get more discounts for doing nothing than the army do for doing everything

how does the student thing work any way?

would my way work or not?
thanks

Should work, don't see why not. Check direct with Adobe here.

Buying a second hand copy of CS3 in order to upgrade is just as dodgy as getting someone else to use their access to a discount in order to avoid payment. You have no idea if the original seller has deleted their right to use the serial number, or even if the copy you're buying is genuine.

You could always try renting a copy of CS6 until you feel you know it's right for you?

Buying a second hand copy of CS3 in order to upgrade is just as dodgy as getting someone else to use their access to a discount in order to avoid payment. You have no idea if the original seller has deleted their right to use the serial number, or even if the copy you're buying is genuine.

Why is taking advantage of the discount dodgy? The person buying the software has the right to do it. And it's not like it's a small saving, it's a £400+ saving. They are still willing to pay for it, just not the £600+ Adobe are charging. They could be really 'dodgy' and acquire a pirated version. :shrug:

And what if the copy of CS3 is legitimate, again, that is a way to make a saving. If it already registered they will find out when they install the software, or when they try to upgrade the software.

You could always try renting a copy of CS6 until you feel you know it's right for you?

What? :eek: Somebody is trying to save some money, so you advise them to rent a copy, to spend more money, and if they happen to think they want it, buy it at full price, so they will pay full price plus a rental charge. :wacky:

You can use the software for free for a month to see if it is the software for you. :shrug:

If you want to use more than just Photoshop, consider a Creative Cloud subscription. I have one and it's awesome.

Why is taking advantage of the discount dodgy? The person buying the software has the right to do it. And it's not like it's a small saving, it's a £400+ saving. They are still willing to pay for it, just not the £600+ Adobe are charging. They could be really 'dodgy' and acquire a pirated version. :shrug:

Because if you purchase an educational version you're acknowledging via the EULA that you're in full time education at the time of purchase and that you then may not transfer your license of the software.
It might be a saving, but it's not a legitimate saving. Willingness to pay doesn't come into it!

And what if the copy of CS3 is legitimate, again, that is a way to make a saving. If it already registered they will find out when they install the software, or when they try to upgrade the software.

Sure... go for it! But can you guarantee before purchase that the seller has indemnified themselves under the EULA and provided all the information to you, the new purchaser, and deleted all of their own copies of the software? Too little too late if you've spent money on the second hand copy and then can't upgrade it! I'd certainly want the assurances beforehand. Or maybe you are now advocating wasting the cash?

What? :eek: Somebody is trying to save some money, so you advise them to rent a copy, to spend more money, and if they happen to think they want it, buy it at full price, so they will pay full price plus a rental charge. :wacky:

You can use the software for free for a month to see if it is the software for you. :shrug:

They have already said they want to use it... why go to the trouble of even attempting to buy a copy if you haven't used up the free demo period? I assumed they would have already done that if they are now looking to buy! If they are only looking to use it occasionally, maybe the rental version is the best option! Why do people rent houses? it depends on your circumstance, not all have the cash up front for a deposit and purchase. I offered the rental option as the op may not have heard of it.

Last edited:
well i cant find it now only chineese editions
CS3 was a few hundred then £180 ish for the upgrade
so in all a few hundred saving

i wouldnt buy second hand even if they said new and sealed

How much is the student version? £160??

Why not enrol on an evening course, photography ones at my local college are about 120, or you could do a photoshop course I hep kick start you for the same price?

Doesn't even have to be photography related most colleges will do evening courses on just bout anything, an while your o the course you should be entitled to by cs6 at the student price. Once you got your I'd, usly sorted on the 1st session you won't even need to do the course If you don't want.

When you are no longer a student you want cs7 you will prob just need to pay the regular upgrade price, at least that's how it worked with cs6.

Last edited:
dont have time for evening courses at the moment :(
bit busy at work
might wait for CS6 to drop in price or somthing
or but PS10 with PE 10 for £55.99 for now

dont have time for evening courses at the moment :(
bit busy at work
might wait for CS6 to drop in price or somthing
or but PS10 with PE 10 for £55.99 for now

Theres a new Elements due out soon, might be worth you hanging on a bit.

Unless you really need the extra features of the full version of Photoshop (16bit, CYMK colour etc) Elements should be plenty powerful enough.

My wait was worth it
Now got CS6 for £333.60 delivered and 8% cashback through quidco
:p

How did you manage to get the Quidco and the reduced price ?. I am about to buy at that price via an email Adobe sent, but thought I had to do so via clicking the link in the email, thus getting no Quidco ?

Thank you.

go throught the quidco link but watchout it can change to the full price sometimes

I spoke to adobe on the phone(45 mins) and they said quidco was not a supplier and should not be trusted
the woman didnt have a clue what i was trying to say about it, as there site was down for a bit(or my laptop playing up) and said i couldnt order
but managed to order later on
getting it tomorrow

It does not come from quidco it just supplies a bigger saving :)

The option I use is Adobe Subscription.

Pay £15 a month for 12 months with free upgrades when they come out. Works for me, and I don't have to lay out hundreds when the next version comes around.

Similar to adobe cloud but cheaper because it's just Photoshop.

The option I use is Adobe Subscription.

Pay £15 a month for 12 months with free upgrades when they come out. Works for me, and I don't have to lay out hundreds when the next version comes around.

Similar to adobe cloud but cheaper because it's just Photoshop.

That's something I might consider in the future. Am I correct in saying that your PC only needs to 'talk back' to Adobe servers once a month to check the subscription is valid?

brad131987 said:
My wait was worth it
Now got CS6 for £333.60 delivered and 8% cashback through quidco :p

Hi, just reading this. I'm with Quidco, but haven't seen CS6 for this price, can I ask where you have got this from?

Edit: I've tried through Adobe but I can't find it for this price!

Last edited:

Sorry but that is perfectly legal. :D

Hi, just reading this. I'm with Quidco, but haven't seen CS6 for this price, can I ask where you have got this from?

Edit: I've tried through Adobe but I can't find it for this price!

i brought PS10 then got an email saying get CS6 for £333 so i got it but went through quidco link to get the cashback

its not an actual link to get CS6 for £333

Back