Wild Iberian Lynx

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
"Cracking" set of wildlife style captures Mark.

You really nailed the focus in that first image. Beautiful creatures.

Mark you have always posted images that are superb and equally so, inspiring. This set is probably the one I'll always be jealous of..................this cat is something personally very special to me, it's the one that turned me white one dark night somewhere on exmoor some decades back. A drive by viewed at maybe 5 yards.

Could you share more of how this came about please?

TFS
stu

Mark you have always posted images that are superb and equally so, inspiring. This set is probably the one I'll always be jealous of..................this cat is something personally very special to me, it's the one that turned me white one dark night somewhere on exmoor some decades back. A drive by viewed at maybe 5 yards.

Could you share more of how this came about please?

TFS
stu
Stuart,

I tried and searched for 3 days around 18 months ago with no luck at all even though it was around almost 40hrs trying in total in heat of around 34 degrees. The Iberian Lynx is making a slow but steady come back n Spain, still rare to see but they are in certain areas. We had a guide who has been feeding these animals on an old farm of sorts and given it was winter the animals move around more as its not too hot--it was -4 degrees sometimes( you can see the frost on the ground). It was also coming into mating season so we knew there was a chance of some males travelling into the area to try and catch females--so all in it was better planning this time and it worked out. We saw a total of 4 different Lynx ( 2 younger ones and 2 older ones). The guide we used buys all the hunting licences in the area to stop hunters making a mistake and shooting these cats as sometimes happens elsewhere in Spain ( they are protected but that doesn't always help them). We could at times hear shooting in the distance but thankfully it wasn't a big disturbance to these cats. Its a fantastic feeling when one of these cats come prowling past in the search of food and even better when your ready with the camera in hand.

Mate thanks for the detailed reply.I adore Lynx........................ Mark I want them back here ok maybe not spefically iberian but as near as we can get to what has been lost in the Uk. what I saw was undoubtably a captive release fall out of 1981 wildlife countryside act..but once seen they are not forgotten

TFS and for the reply buddy beautiful images of a species I have no words for.....hmm oneday ;)

Back