Insomnia.

And I am back....managed 4 hours sleep tonight

4 hours I would kill to have....

Comfy chair, wine and now IPlayer radio for a week's worth of the Archers. Lit my small woodburner...

4 hours I would kill to have....

Comfy chair, wine and now IPlayer radio for a week's worth of the Archers. Lit my small woodburner...

I caught up with the archers earlier....and drank all the wine earlier........

I caught up with the archers earlier....and drank all the wine earlier........

The programme is losing its way

I have listened for over 48 years and I fear I may be losing interest due to the lameness of the story threads....

I totally agree....story lines are definitely a bit if mush at the moment.......but on a bright note I am watching Spitfires on YouTube

Sounds good.

The radio lers me close my eyes in the hope of sleep!

Four am here too.
On the up side, the ironing is done.

Was going to take the dog for a very early morning walk. When she realised I was not going to the doggy treat snacks cupboard, she went back to bed and refused to look at me. I decided to then get an early breakfast of Coffee and toasted fruit loaf, then fire up the internet.

Similar here John, dog just looks at me as if to say "your aving a larff". Dogs aren't daft.

I put on some forties love songs and it did the trick......well got an hour of Zzzzzzz

Similar here John, dog just looks at me as if to say "your aving a larff". Dogs aren't daft.

Its cold out and for a dog, warm inside.

Same with my cats.... 3 are curled up by the woodburner whilst the 4th is out looking for a fight.

They will all be at Swmbo's feet demanding food when she shifts her ar*e and gets up. The stirrings of said backside are yet to be heard.

It was so bloody boring in the old days not being able to sleep, there was no telly to watch as it used to shut down ( do you remember them days ? ) and there was no such thing as the internet. Used to have a motorbike a few years ago, and I would go out on that when I could not sleep. Great fun that was just roaring around deserted streets, until I came upon a bored copper with nothing to do :p

It was so bloody boring in the old days not being able to sleep, there was no telly to watch as it used to shut down ( do you remember them days ? ) and there was no such thing as the internet. Used to have a motorbike a few years ago, and I would go out on that when I could not sleep. Great fun that was just roaring around deserted streets, until I came upon a bored copper with nothing to do :p

Remember 2 channels in black and white

Through the night static and test card wben we got colour

BUT books were the order of the day.

Then my uncle brought me a multi wave band radio with a huge aeria with umpteen SW bands...... He was in the merchant navy and stayed at ours when he was back.

I used to be into CB'ing years ago before it went AM.
Used to fill a void.

Used to fill a void.

Never really got into it myself. My cousin had a shed full of Amateur Radio kit. The snow never stayed on his shed roof .... warmest place in the neibourhood. Learned how to use a soldering iron in there. Was forever running wire to the house wall and back to improve the aerial.

Remember 2 channels in black and white

Through the night static and test card wben we got colour

BUT books were the order of the day.

Then my uncle brought me a multi wave band radio with a huge aeria with umpteen SW bands...... He was in the merchant navy and stayed at ours when he was back.

Not read a book in years even though I do have loads tucked away some place. The missus loves her Kindle though, and when she can't sleep she will read that for hours.

Used to fill a void.

Did dabble in that for a little while, but it never really took off with me and my mates, we opted for fishing for a while, and night fishing also..

Fishing! now you're talking. I used to be a carp angler hunting specimen sitting on the bank for weeks without a bite.
Bored? never....

The place to live if you suffer from insomnia is Hong Kong, as it's supposed to be the place that never sleeps. Or at least I think it is :thinking:

Bloody brilliant, we finally have an insomnia thread and nearly all of you are the wake up early brigade :sulk::LOL:

I did enjoy the wolves programs, though I fid it quite scary that some Americans can be quite so gung ho and they carry guns... but as this isn't a bbc news item thread, not even going down that route of discussion. ;)

Last edited:
Bloody brilliant, we finally have an insomnia thread and nearly all of you are the wake up early brigade :sulk::LOL:

Yv

The real insomniacs will show up at reality O'Clock.... dammit!

Steve

Reactions: Yv
Not read a book in years even though I do have loads tucked away some place. The missus loves her Kindle though, and when she can't sleep she will read that for hours.

Did dabble in that for a little while, but it never really took off with me and my mates, we opted for fishing for a while, and night fishing also..

Reading. Absolute sanity saver for me.
Love my Kindle, though currently reading an ACTUAL book :LOL:

I do do some of my finest housework in the wee small hours, although I have yet to summon the courage to try the vacuuming at 4am :LOL:

Having still been awake at 2am this morning and ending up with not much over 4h sleep on top of bad nights Friday and Saturday, yes it sucks (particularly badly at the moment, rather than the normal medium level of suckiness that it normally is).

I'm not. My father suffers too and has one. One look at it and i decided theres no way i could sleep with all that gear on my face.

Its better than being dead though isn't it

Sleep Apnoea can be fatal, to you if you die in your sleep and to others if you fall asleep at the wheel of your car.

I got used to sleeping with the CPAP very quickly, you should look into it.

Paul

Its better than being dead though isn't it

Sleep Apnoea can be fatal, to you if you die in your sleep and to others if you fall asleep at the wheel of your car.

I got used to sleeping with the CPAP very quickly, you should look into it.

Paul
I've never thought about it like that to be honest. I'l have a chat with the doc. From what i read, the machines arent as bad as they used to be. :)

Really feel ill today due to lack of sleep....... might need to take a little nap.........:sleep:

Hope those with sleep apnoea have told the DVLA... Not to mention their insurers.

Me and the missus are normally in bed by 10pm. I go on my phone watching youtube clips and various other film stuff, while the missus gets engrossed in her Kindle. All from the comfort of our comfy bed. I am up bright and early by about 5am, or much earlier if I can't sleep. :)

Me and the missus are normally in bed by 10pm. I go on my phone watching youtube clips and various other film stuff, while the missus gets engrossed in her Kindle. All from the comfort of our comfy bed. I am up bright and early by about 5am, or much earlier if I can't sleep. :)

Me and him work in rota, I am the one that can't get to sleep, so sit up reading, or watching a bit of tv or whatever, then just as I have generally finally drifted off, he is waking up and doing the early morning shift of insomniacs unite ;)

Got a guy who works offshore with me that suffers from Sleep Apnoea and wears a mask. Thing is he shares a room with someone. When he used the mask for the first time the guy in the other bunk didn't sleep all night. Said he thought Darth Vader was in the top bunk.

Have you lot who can't sleep at night thought about getting a permanent night shift job :naughty:

Me and him work in rota, I am the one that can't get to sleep, so sit up reading, or watching a bit of tv or whatever, then just as I have generally finally drifted off, he is waking up and doing the early morning shift of insomniacs unite ;)

That was like me when I was working evenings, I have since taken early retirement and I am now a carer for the missus. So we do everything together, good job we get on so well :)

Yep most people don't realise its illegal to drive with OSA until treatment has been confirmed. Its one of the first things the Doctor should tell you after your sleep study confirm OSA

Paul

Not quite right.
It's only illegal not to inform DVLA after the symptoms are proved medically to affect your driving.

Yep most people don't realise its illegal to drive with OSA until treatment has been confirmed. Its one of the first things the Doctor should tell you after your sleep study confirm OSA

Paul

However, what if your kindly GP did not diagnose or refer you to a sleep clinic for SIX years (during which time you had never heard of OSA), despite the fact that you had supplied him with more than enough information - weight gain, constant tiredness, memory loss, falling asleep in meetings at work?
My doctor told me nothing at all, and was quite affronted when after doing a search on the internet twelve years ago, I had the temerity to suggest that he may wish to refer me to a sleep clinic.
He mentioned NOTHING about informing the DVLA, and after being diagnosed with 68 apnoeas per hour, St Thomas' hospital immediately put me on CPAP.
At no point back in 2002, did anyone tell me about informing the DVLA.
So, am I breaking the law?
No. Because CPAP has transformed my life, and I only wish the GP had been more proactive in 1997/8, and then I may not have gone from being a very fit 70K athlete, into a 100K person with various ailments which have affected my life in a very negative way.

Back