Instagram - share your user name

Like most things though, it depends on you. Don't follow people like that, and you'll never see it. There are plenty of very good photographers using Instagram if that's who you want to follow.

It's like people complaining about the "what I ate for dinner" posts on Facebook - they're your friends, deal with it. ;)

That's true, and has tempted me even more... I might have a proper look at it later today :p

I'm right picky on Facebook, one annoying status, cringey photo or game request and they're blocked! :LOL:

Never heard of it and have no intention of partaking. The end!!!o_O

I'm @cuffbertt (with two F's and two T's), because carlhallphotography was too much of a mouthful! Haven't been a member long but am finding it to be fantastic so far. I have no phone signal at work, but I'll make sure to have a look at everyone else later and add a few people!

Mines paullivings. I think it's great.
Added most so I'm now stalk..... I mean following you.

Last edited:
I used to use Instagram a lot and had posted 1000's of photo's on there then but when Facebook bought I just deleted my account as I didn't like some of the changes to the t+c's. I've recently set up a new account but this one will just be phone photo's only, just a bit of fun really. My username is halfmanhalflens if anyone wants to follow. I'll add a few of you today.

@pancakespanick

I'd like to use it a bit more.

@danny_winning

No photography on there, mainly selfies and snaps :) Not sure if its worthwhile having it for my photography as on the phone version it only lets you upload very limited resolution pictures, haven't tried the desktop version though.

@danny_winning

No photography on there, mainly selfies and snaps :) Not sure if its worthwhile having it for my photography as on the phone version it only lets you upload very limited resolution pictures, haven't tried the desktop version though.

There is no desktop version, per se. You can look at stuff on a desktop, but you can't upload, or interact as you can in the app. It's designed to be a mobile platform after all. Not sure why the resolution would be a problem for you, people are looking at the photos on their mobile phone, they aren't expecting to see 60 inch Hahnemüle prints.

@danmasphoto

There is no desktop version, per se. You can look at stuff on a desktop, but you can't upload, or interact as you can in the app. It's designed to be a mobile platform after all. Not sure why the resolution would be a problem for you, people are looking at the photos on their mobile phone, they aren't expecting to see 60 inch Hahnemüle prints.

Because, even when I take a photo on my phones camera, I still can't crop the whole photo into Instagram - I have to take the photo through Instagram to actually have the whole frame.

Because, even when I take a photo on my phones camera, I still can't crop the whole photo into Instagram - I have to take the photo through Instagram to actually have the whole frame.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by that? Instagram will give you a square crop if you use the camera app. If you take a photo outside of Instagram then Instagram will crop it to a square when you upload. Unless you add a border of course, then you can put up whatever ratio you like.

None of that has anything to do with resolution though, so I'm not sure I'm on the same page as you.

I was referring to the crop, yes.. which if I put any photos from my camera onto my phone, the majority of it would be cropped out.

snooks_photo
mine! Always uploading something!

Just started using it, so it'd be cool to get some people added who actually like photography and aren't just on it posting selfies :

rosilytoes

Any regular users? I've just downloaded it and I'm really enjoying some of the stuff that's shared on there.

Feel free to give me a follow - AdamBowery

RiguPhoto

Back