Interwebby webinar session thingy

@Garry Edwards The simplest way to share images is to open them up on your computer then choose share screen and select the window with the image. All the participants then see the image filling their screen.
Thanks, I thought as much but wasn't sure. It's difficult to try these things out when I'm having a meeting with myself:)

Portraits for me too, and I'll give Tim's method a try - it's all new to me too !
Just got to hope our internet improves as it's been utter pants for the last few days..

Portraits for me too, and I'll give Tim's method a try - it's all new to me too !
Just got to hope our internet improves as it's been utter pants for the last few days..

Using it more and more and managed to get fiber upgrade for 30 per month installed last week. 1Gbps upload and download, it’s insanely fast!

I might pop in for a listen if I can figure Zoom out.

My plan is to join you. Hopefully Ill get my little one in bed first....

Thanks for that this evening, apologies, I had to shoot off as my little one was shouting for a cuddle before going to sleep. It was great to hear some ideas and tips on how to improve things,. I'll be back again in future if you are able to do some more :)

Thanks for the Zoom meeting.

I was the mysterious Gary in the shadows !

Microphone issues.

That said I don't think I could of added anything.

There was some great advice and tips given out. I might even remember some of it.

Thanks again.

Gaz

Thanks for the Zoom meeting.

I was the mysterious Gary in the shadows !

Microphone issues.

That said I don't think I could of added anything.

There was some great advice and tips given out. I might even remember some of it.

Thanks again.

Gaz
You sell yourself short, you've made enormous progress in your lighting during the last year or so, and could have contributed a lot.

Are you able to allow sharing of pictures for any future webinars? If not maybe we could add them into here to be critiqued?

Yes, it's just a setting that I didn't know was there until half way through. It had a "share screen" button on mine and I wrongly assumed that everyone else had one too. After a while I accidentally discovered that it was set to host only, which I then changed so that everyone had it.

... and I'm sorry for appearing late and then disappearing - my internet was pretty flaky, possibly due to the wild wind we had last night.
Thanks Garry, Phil and everyone else.

I was just wondering whether there's any appetite for another of these sessions?

I was just wondering whether there's any appetite for another of these sessions?
I'd be happy to sit in on another session :giggle: quietly :ROFLMAO: I haven't progressed other than purchasing a smaller soft box. I've been doing less photography all round.

Now we know we can all share screens, people could put their own photos/lighting issues forward for help maybe?

Well, now that we're all very much back in lockdown, let's see whether there are enough people who would like to join in with another Zoom meeting about lighting. . .

Please reply here if you're interested. If it happens I'm thinking that Friday the 15th would be a good date, at 8 p.m.

Hi Garry,

I'd be interested again if I am not in work at that time.

Well, now that we're all very much back in lockdown, let's see whether there are enough people who would like to join in with another Zoom meeting about lighting. . .

Please reply here if you're interested. If it happens I'm thinking that Friday the 15th would be a good date, at 8 p.m.

Sounds good Gary. I hope you’re keeping well.

I'm in

Thanks for the replies, it seems that there's enough interest to make it worthwhile, but please keep the replies coming.

On the question of the subject, the last one was on portraits although, just like a forum, we all wandered off-topic sometimes. If anyone wants to discuss particular lighting subjects please say so, or we can just wing it, as we usually do.

The login info is below:
Garry Edwards is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Garry Edwards' Zoom Meeting
Time: Jan 15, 2021 07:50 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 716 0255 1391
Passcode: 2PLk2m

From memory, all that you actually need to do is to copy and paste the URL into your browser, https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71602551391?pwd=anhabWJXOHJsVmdGQU9kNVlqWTd6QT09
The meeting will start at 8 p.m. but we will be able to login from 7.50 p.m.
We can use video, or just audio as people prefer and we will be able to share photos etc.

I’ll join in but it’s dry January so you might not notice

I’ll join in but it’s dry January so you might not notice
:) Dry January? I've been totally desiccated since the start of the first lockdown . . .

Just a reminder, the meeting starts at 8 p.m., we can login from 7.50.

Just a reminder, the meeting starts at 8 p.m., we can login from 7.50.
I'm afraid I won't be able to join as I have to be at work this evening. I hope you all have a great session :)

Yes, annoying that Zoom booted us out.
If anyone wants to carry on I'll open Skype, search for Garry Edwards and ask for an invitation

I too would have been interested to hear more from Jim. I think I have taken enough of yours and Phil's time - thank you both.
The weird thing is, I left the window open and after a very short time Jim appeared again and we had a chat, without any time limit . . .

The weird thing is, I left the window open and after a very short time Jim appeared again and we had a chat, without any time limit . . .
I'd heard you can carry on the meeting if people click the link again or something like that, but I've never tried it.

I'm glad you managed it anyway. Phil and I missed out. I had to finish off my Bailey's instead :)

Yes, time flies and it was good to talk as they say! Pity about the cut off limit but now we know we can log back in it'll be less restrictive the next time!

No matter what skill level you're at there is always something to learn from others.

Back