iPad Apps and Updates Thread

Hi toph,

I now have it working with the D3X and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Easy product to use and goes straight to the iPad so I can quickly review the photos.

Cannot recommend it enough.

Best regards

Chris

Are you saving JPEGS to the Eye-Fi card? Presumably it doesn't work (or is very slow) with RAW??

Are you saving JPEGS to the Eye-Fi card? Presumably it doesn't work (or is very slow) with RAW??

Hi Flashman,

Yes it would be a very slow transfer if you did it with RAWs. I am interested in seeing on the bigger screen if I have the photos I want. If it is OK then I can work on the RAW later.

I record the smallest JPEG's on the Eye-Fi card and still record RAW on the first card.

Interestingly enough I discovered that the SD to CF adaptor would not fit in the D3S but will fit in the D3X! Seems the D3S is a very small space! Bizarre I know but there you go.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Flashman,

Yes it would be a very slow transfer if you did it with RAWs. I am interested in seeing on the bigger screen if I have the photos I want. If it is OK then I can work on the RAW later.

I record the smallest JPEG's on the Eye-Fi card and still record RAW on the first card.

Interestingly enough I discovered that the SD to CF adaptor would not fit in the D3S but will fit in the D3X! Seems the D3S is a very small space! Bizarre I know but there you go.

Best regards

Chris

I might give it a try... although I do like the security of RAW backup so wouldn't use it for anything too important!

Just compared my X and S slots and you're right... the S slots are noticeably thinner... strange!

Hi Flashman,

As I mentioned you would still record RAW on the first CF card and low jpeg on the Eye-Fi card for checking on the ipad.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Flashman,

As I mentioned you would still record RAW on the first CF card and low jpeg on the Eye-Fi card for checking on the ipad.

Best regards

Chris

Yeah... I meant that I like to keep two copies of RAW as I'm a paranoid, worst case scenario, glass half empty kinda guy! :D

Hi Keith,

Don't blame you. I had two 32GB cards go down on me last weekend. One on Friday the other on Sunday. Unreal but it happened. Fortunately I only lost photos that can be replaced.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Keith,

Don't blame you. I had two 32GB cards go down on me last weekend. One on Friday the other on Sunday. Unreal but it happened. Fortunately I only lost photos that can be replaced.

Best regards

Chris

What brand were the cards - I'm sure we'd all like to know? That's downright scary!!

Cracking app for anyone that watches movies alot on the iPad, VLC is now available for iPad, NO MORE CONVERTING!! woohoo

What brand were the cards - I'm sure we'd all like to know? That's downright scary!!

Hi CT,

Sorry I missed this.

Lexar Professional 233x 32GB CF UDMA

I am pleased to report that they have since been replaced.

Best regards

Chris

Excelent thread - this is really helping me love my iPad :)

Try VLC media player...

Lets you watch numerous video file types without conversion...

My freeview recorder outputs .ts files which i can now import into VLC via itunes and watch them on my travels...

(y)

Anyone know when the new OS for the iPad will be available for download.? Doesn't seem to be yet as far as I can see, although you can get it for the iPhone and iPod Touch I think.

Anyone know when the new OS for the iPad will be available for download.? Doesn't seem to be yet as far as I can see, although you can get it for the iPhone and iPod Touch I think.

already out there the same time as the iPhone, I did mine mon evening, works a treat, no issues found so far!

must have app on iPhone 4 and iPand 3g is find my iphone, great if you loose your beloved gag!!

already out there the same time as the iPhone, I did mine mon evening, works a treat, no issues found so far!

must have app on iPhone 4 and iPand 3g is find my iphone, great if you loose your beloved gag!!

Ah right - cheers. (y) How do I get it then- do I have to sync the iPad to get the option?

App Store reviews aren't too good.

Yes i think it has problems with certain codecs for video...

But works a treat with .ts files... :D

(y)

Danka! OK I'm on the case. :cool:

You have to have the latest itunes before it will let you have new os (think it is 10.1).

Just update your itunes, plug in ipad, will do a backup first then update to 4.2

(y)

Well that was a trouble-free upgrade to the new operating system. (y)

The multi tasking really adds to the functionality. Being able to listen to radio and do other stuff is great just in itself, and the new folders option really tidies up the home pages and reduces the clutter.

Really useful upgrade I have to say. :cool:

If anyone hasn't figured out how to enable the Folders option (took me ages) click the link.

LINKY.

Last edited:
Upgraded mine too yesterday.

Does the multitasking only work with certain functions?

I have the free Times newspaper 30 day trial App, clicked on it today to start it donloading and went off to do something else assuming it would continue to dl but no, it had stopped and had to be started from the beginning again.

Upgraded mine too yesterday.

Does the multitasking only work with certain functions?

I have the free Times newspaper 30 day trial App, clicked on it today to start it donloading and went off to do something else assuming it would continue to dl but no, it had stopped and had to be started from the beginning again.

The app has to have support programmed in for it to work. If it's not then it won't carry on downloading.

Does any one know of a way to view Flash videos on ipad ???

Read about SKYFIRE but this seems to have disappeared from app store....

Any other methods...

(y)

There is something called "Frash" but I think its only in the Cydia store.

On the strength of this thread I've installed Filterstorm - now £2.39 but brilliant. Full of features, very useful - cheers

Lots of apps already covered, would also add Zinio to the list - I get Amateur Photographer magazine through that every week, and also What Digital Camera - both subscriptions cheaper than what's usually available for the paper version, no worries about storing them, and it's very easy to read on the iPad - highly recommended.

Would also suggest TPE and/or LightTrac for helping work out where the sun and moon will be at any time.

David

Two free apps
Life magazine give you access to their photo library. Editors picks, a map to choose by location.

ITranslate. A free translator. I have this on my iPhone but bows there's a iPad version

My iPad arrived this afternoon so I'll be trawling through a lot of these app suggestions!

I'm very impressed with it so far :)

Don't forget to upgrade to the new OS system. I'd do that right away.

Any new apps I should be looking out for (obviously other than the new TP app of course)

I got my iPad yesterday and so far loving it. Bought the camera connect kit and have installed Adobe Photoshop Express which actually works quite well.

Will flick through this thread for some decent apps for it.

Anyone know of one that I can use to get clients to fill out model release forms on the spot rather than keep taking paper copies with me?

Whats the camera connection kit like Darren? Seriously considering it but would like to know from someonewho has one what its like.

Have one myself, is great, wouldnt be without it, takes the raws straight from my Canon, and let someone try it with nikon raw, ageing straight on, so would highly recommend getting one :D

Back