Review iPad Review & TP Update Thread

:LOL: the only thing not to like about the iPad is the credit car bill after :)

Some say Vens p is green....

Yes mate, loving it. In fact i have left my locker key at home so the iPad is my main computer at work today. Luckily I have all my files on Dropbox :)

Shamelss plug: if anyone isn't using drop box yet, use my referral code and we both get an extra 350Mb storage. :D

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTcyOTU4Nzk?f=0

I love dropbox - only signed up when I bought my iPad but using it all the time already.

I just wish Pages on the iPad could export directly back to Dropbox! Currently have to email it to myself as an attachment from Pages, collect the email in Goodreader to re-download the attachment, and then upload to Dropbox from there.

Frustrating why Apple couldn't have added more options to export directly from Pages!!!

I agree. Hopefully that will come.

I'm currently on the bus with my wifi iPad tethered to my jailbroken iPhone! I love this thing. :)

Nice work Chris!

Tempted to do this with my '4' so I can have data out and about :)

Jailbroken my iPad this morning too. I just can't help myself. Lol

Fastest, easiest jailbreak ever!

Yep too right. Although I undid :)

Left my 'Smoothpad' intact where the clock once stood... :p

Check out this site (not on the ipad) http://padilicious.com/

This guy Sal provides automator actions and services to create a photo webapp for the iPad. You select images in the finder, iphoto or aperture and then choose create photo web app from the services menu and the automator actions do the rest.

Its pretty neat. :)

Bought a 64Gb Ipad today. Can someone please tell me how the hell i'm supposed to charge it?! There's a uk plug in the box. No cable to fit it. :thinking:
It wont charge from a laptop. I don't use a desktop at home. :bang: Am I being stupid or something? Whats the point of the bloody plug without a lead. :shrug:

Kev.

The white lead that you use to plug it into the PC plugs into the UK mains plug adapter thingy

The white lead that you use to plug it into the PC plugs into the UK mains plug adapter thingy

Really? Well I am stupid then. Cos I can't see how I can get a usb cable to fit the male end of a fiure of 8 plug. :bonk: :D

Kev.

You should have a chunk of white plastic with a usb socket on that then connects to either a figure of 8 lead or a 3 pin adaptor. Google Images for ipad power brick :)

You should have a chunk of white plastic with a usb socket on that then connects to either a figure of 8 lead or a 3 pin adaptor. Google Images for ipad power brick :)

No. That wasn't in the box. Just a UK plug with a figure 8 male end sticking out of the box.

Kev.

Oh and the bluetooth doesn't seem to want to pair with anything...

Kev.

Does RoqyBT (an alternative bluetooth stack) work with the Ipad.

If so, this could be used with an external gps unit, to get satnav on the Ipad (just like I'm doing with my IPhone).

I got up this morning and wished hubby a happy 22 wedding anniversary.
He suggested I have a ride out with him to the builders merchants and a bite to eat.
Great I thought.:) The bite to eat was at the free burger bar at the builders merchants.:nono:

Bless him, he was saving up all the emotion for handing me a 64bg wifi 3g ipad. I'm in love again:) :D:D:D

Last edited:
Bless him, he was saving up all the emotion for handing me a 64bg wifi 3g ipad. I'm in love again:) :D:D:D

:LOL:

Like his style... :D...but what is it you are in :love: with... :cautious: ...hubby, burger, or, heaven forbid... The iPad... :naughty:

Enjoy, whatever... The iPad is truly awesome but cannot comment on your hubby or his burger offerings... :shrug:

:p

:LOL:

Like his style... :D...but what is it you are in :love: with... :cautious: ...hubby, burger, or, heaven forbid... The iPad... :naughty:

Enjoy, whatever... The iPad is truly awesome but cannot comment on your hubby or his burger offerings... :shrug:

Hubby and the ipad ... fraid the burger doesn't get a look in :):) I'll be taking the ipad on its maiden voyage on Thursday. I'm using it to show my portfolio at a business meeting:D

Well after a month of watching the wifey use hers- I got my MacBook onto the bay, sold, trip to PC world and picked up my own iPad (and got 3% cash back)

I'm loving it, at work it doubles as a pic frame on my desk, when I need to I have my tech manuals in PDF format, I can amuse myself with angry birds, show off my images, and when I get my mifi next month I'll be surfing too.

Never thought I'd say it but my iPhone is almost redundant (I even used it on the cross trainer to read while sweating!)

I've had a good read of this thread and followed the link to the excellent Macworld article about the camera connector. Thanks to everyone for taking the trouble to share their thoughts! (y)

I run an iPhone3G and have never really got into apps... mainly because my broadband speed at home is 0.7meg (yes really!) and I spend 95% of my waking time per year on the road and in the countryside, away from wifi and 3G signals.

Anyhow, I REALLY REALLY want an iPad too but am still a bit concerned about the photo thingy.

What I would LIKE to do is take the iPad and my Canon 5D2 on shoots that I do. Normally, said shoots are for hobbyist magazines who ask for hi-res jpegs not RAW (yes, really!) and will be actually using about one in every 25 photos submitted. So manipulation is not high on my list.

What I want to do is simply upload the original files to the iPad when out and about, then at some point like sitting on the train home, want to go through the images and simply delete the ones I don't want.

I know that I can write any copy that I want on a .doc document in the Pages app.

Then when I get home I want to transfer the images (and the copy) onto my Macbook ready to arrange into folders to burn onto CD and send. Simples!

But, believe it or not, having checked at the Apple Store, the iPhoto running on the iPad DOES NOT allow you to delete any images! :bonk:

Is there an App I can use to simply view the images and delete the ones I don't want?

And apart from the Guardian one, any other 'must have' apps? Because when a non-technical person looks at the App store, it is very very difficult to know where to start.

Cheers peoples! (y)

But, believe it or not, having checked at the Apple Store, the iPhoto running on the iPad DOES NOT allow you to delete any images! :bonk:

Is there an App I can use to simply view the images and delete the ones

The Photo app that comes native to the iPad allows deletion of photos by selection - either singly or in groups... :shrug:

I am not sure about the quality of photos downloadable from the iPad though, it is designed, primarily, as a viewing platform... :cautious:

That said it is an amazing bit of tech imhgo and I would not be without mine now... :D

Thanks Rog. Believe it or not, my One-to-one trainer went and double checked at the Genius Bar before telling me this. Neither of them suggested that there was a 'Photos' app that I should use to do this instead of iPhoto.

I'll ask about this at my next One-to-one. Thanks for the heads-up! (y)

Thanks Rog. Believe it or not, my One-to-one trainer went and double checked at the Genius Bar before telling me this. Neither of them suggested that there was a 'Photos' app that I should use to do this instead of iPhoto.

I'll ask about this at my next One-to-one. Thanks for the heads-up! (y)

It's not so much an app Andrew, in that it comes pre-installed on the iPad for viewing your images... :shrug:

Works very well and although you can delete it does have limited functionality relying on synching to sort and so on... :D

D'ow! Of course Rog, I think I was getting to Techno Saturation by this point! Yes, 'Photos' is the image viewing app. There is no iPhoto on the iPad. :bonk:

However, unlike on the iPhone, where there is a 'bin' icon at the foot of the image so you can delete it 'in-device', I still cannot see how you can delete an image 'in-device' on an iPad without hooking it up to a computer running iPhoto. :thinking:

I've been scavenging the internet and it does look like this is a major shortcoming of the iPad at the moment... unless you or anyone knows different? They certainly don't know how to delete photos directly on an iPad at the Apple store! :D

I still cannot see how you can delete an image 'in-device' on an iPad without hooking it up to a computer running iPhoto. :thinking:

I've been scavenging the internet and it does look like this is a major shortcoming of the iPad at the moment... unless you or anyone knows different? They certainly don't know how to delete photos directly on an iPad at the Apple store! :D

Open Photos...

Open the gallery/album your required images are in to thumbnails...

Clicky the box with an arrow in it at top right next to Slideshow...

This will then add hidden check boxes to the images and you then just select the guilty image/s by tapping on them (or choose Select All) and a tick appears...

Clicky the Delete button top left...

You then get a confirmation Delete opportunity or cancel if you've naffed up...

4941795328_28479d281d_z.jpg

Job done... :D

Also allows you to E-mail and Copy photos too... :naughty:

HTH... :shrug:

Last edited:
Not sure if I am missing something here, but when I try this don't get the delete option, is there a setting somewhere.

Open Photos...

Open the gallery/album your required images are in to thumbnails...

Clicky the box with an arrow in it at top right next to Slideshow...

This will then add hidden check boxes to the images and you then just select the guilty image/s by tapping on them (or choose Select All) and a tick appears...

Clicky the Delete button top left...

You then get a confirmation Delete opportunity or cancel if you've naffed up...

4941795328_28479d281d_z.jpg

Job done... :D

Also allows you to E-mail and Copy photos too... :naughty:

HTH... :shrug:

Not sure if I am missing something here, but when I try this don't get the delete option, is there a setting somewhere.

So you're in Photos and have thumbnails showing on screen... :shrug:

You should then have, at top right, an option for Slideshow with a box next to it with a curved arrow pointing out to the right... :thinking:

Clicky this box and the next page as shown in my screen shot should then show... :D

Hang on and I'll do a screen shot of the screen before...

4941523143_4b65a0ebc2_z.jpg

Clearer... :shrug:

Last edited:

So you're in Photos and have thumbnails showing on screen... :shrug:

You should then have, at top right, an option for Slideshow with a box next to it with a curved arrow pointing out to the right... :thinking:

Clicky this box and the next page as shown in my screen shot should then show... :D

Hang on and I'll do a screen shot of the screen before...

Just been having a play, the delete option is not in there in gallery view only photo view, :shrug:

Rog, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir! I shall have a play next time I go into the Apple Store.

I have a feeling you have just cost me £600.... ;)

Back