Is it the 12 inches in front of, or behind the camera - challenge idea

My competition, my rules - don't like 'em? Nobody says you have to enter!

I'm just trying to follow your train of thought, but if you're gonna get all arsey about it, I'd ask you to consider the effect a ban on entering your comp who's rules I supposedly don't like, will have on the rest of my life!
Yeah, you didn't think of that when you climbed up yer big "I am" did you...could be very damaging for my spiritual karma that could.....

:p

Put that tongue away, young man!

And watch where you park that karma, it's rather close to my dogma!

Didn't mean to come across as at all arsey - I just have problems remembering the codes for smileys and I tend to use the quick reply box which doesn't have a list. ;) (one I can remember!)

I have no problem with PP (apart from overcooked HDR, colour pooping [sic] and oversharpening), but to keep the playing field level, it will be verboten in June.

I look forward to seeing the best one or two from everyone and also seeing some PPed ones (which won't be eligible for any prizes).

I'm seriously considering running a similar challenge next June. If I do, it'll be strict NO PP, D&P on the high street and the lo-res files posted so no need to put them anywhere near PS or similar and home scanning not allowed! OK, people will be allowed to tweak them and home scan them but those images will not be eligible for any prizes. Yup, you read right, PRIZE(s)!!! Not sure what these will be - 2nd prize may be 2 dates with Cobra while 1st will be just the one! (Will have to clear that with Chris first though!!!) More likely to be a USB memory stick (universal and not camera/computer specific). Or maybe even a camera (old film compact!)

Well there was a huge leaning curve there as to the poor lens on the disposable I chose, but I did like working to the fixed focal length and composing accordingly.

Despite the crap weather during the few days I used for taking my shots, I really enjoyed the challenge too. Not having the flexibility of zooms, variable ISO or true WYSIWYG viewfinder, let alone the noise freeness of my D700 was a genuine challenge. I'm looking forward to next June, even though I may not be eligible for any prizes (well, I'll be a judge, if not the only one!), I'll be participating just for the fun of it!

For anyone interested, I'm leaning more and more towards the Poll option for judging, possibly with myself and a couple of others narrowing down what may hopefully be a reasonably large entry to a manageable number for a poll. Once they're in a poll, I might delete the posts from the original entry thread so the photos get judged on merit rather than it being a popularity contest! Still in the thinking about it stage though, so may well change my mind (rather than just having it decoked!) in the meantime.

Looking forward to June for 2 reasons - #1, HOLIDAY TIME (this year's was an almost total washout due to my illness) and #2, seeing what we can come up with given 1/2 decent light and 1/2 indecent skirt lengths!!!!!!

While I'm at it and vaguely talking about illness, I've spoken to a human at the DVLA who has confirmed that since I voluntarily surrendered my driving license rather than having it revoked and confiscated, I can apply for it back 2 months before the usual 6 month "ban", so 12th night it is! Anyone in the Exeter area know of a good driving instructor to give me a lesson or 2 so I can check my competency before I get behind the wheel in anger?

Oooh not me mines not developed yet. It was lyng around somewhere, shouldn't be too diffcult to spot as it's bright pink in colour :LOL:

Must try to get into the town sometime this week :)

I've not developed mine yet. No excuse to give... I'm just a muppet who forgot to put the wee thing in my bag before I flew back to the UK for my work. Couldn't find a local place that would transfer them to disc in Germany, so was going to go to Asda or somewhere here. :coat:

I used mine at rugby yesterday. Some of the team were a bit confused as they're used to seeing me with my 1D and 70-200 :LOL:

I was tempted to duct tape it on to my.monopod for a giggle. Had a couple of frames left and attempted the fireworks in the evening

Holy thread revival batman!

Is it bad that I am still yet to develop this film?

Ok ok, I know the answer to that already. I'll ask another question.

Is there any point in me still posting the results to the pictures thread? :D

(a) Yes

(b) Yes, of course!(y):):naughty:

Back