Is this forum over moderated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
calm yourself iago - he was commenting on the likelihood of muslim potential members being scared off by all the racist/anti muslim/anti imigration threads...
apologies then, i havn't seen any of these which is probably a good thing cheers, mike.

... the other thing about Kodiak is that hes a french canadian for whom English is a second language so sometimes when hes perceived as being harsh it may be a language barrier thing)
I'm coming to see that his thoughts (even in English) are remarkable in their maturity, forthrightness and clarity - possibly remarkable in the context of this forum generally ...

Edit: I tell a lie I was once moderated for bumping a classified thread about an hour early. Jeez you guy n gals were tough in them days

Eeeey, it's not like in the good old days, ban you as soon as look at you they would and that was only if they were feeling kind. If they were feeling fruity they would infect your computer with kittens and/or Jaffa Cakes and a full re-install was required. Gone soft is what's happened, you don't know you're born the lot of ya.

:jaffa:

Actually, I used to be a mod on a busy forum and the first thing I would say to those that haven't is to NEVER under-estimate the stupidness of some and the pettiness of others and EVERYONE, at some point, acts like an arse. If you are constantly on the other end of this, as moderators are, then you can be forgiven for occasionally being over enthusiastic on the infraction button but then you'd be amazed at how upset people get from being given a couple of point - It IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD and just stop being an arse.

Actually, I used to be a mod on a busy forum and the first thing I would say to those that haven't is to NEVER under-estimate the stupidness of some and the pettiness of others and EVERYONE, at some point, acts like an arse. If you are constantly on the other end of this, as moderators are, then you can be forgiven for occasionally being over enthusiastic on the infraction button but then you'd be amazed at how upset people get from being given a couple of point - It IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD and just stop being an arse.

QFT

I was once a mod on a canal boat forum and the ammount of twunttery on display was epic - far exceeding TP levels. It included one chap (who i won't name, but I think we've also seen briefly as a troll on TP ) who was mostly dedicated to telling other members they were wrong and spouting utter crap on a staggering range of topics - it eventually transpired that he didnt actually own a narrowboat at all but (to quote his final post before i hit him with the ban hammer) he "owns a caravan and its basically the same thing so i'm as qualified to comment as any of you t***s"

I modded on a football forum for quite a while. Not known for tolerance & good manners! :rolleyes:

I spent more time on there `working` than anything else. Must have easily exceeded 40hrs per week.

Some good craic though. :cool:

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

no irony here - the difference being that i only comment on those topics about which i know what i'm talking about - you should try it

no irony here - the difference being that i only comment on those topics about which i know what i'm talking about - you should try it

Really? Pretty sure you've commented about bullfighting before? Where did you pick up your knowledge on that particular topic?

I will google it and get back to you!

this isnt the place - but I've never googled anything in order to pretend to know more than i do , i use google to check my facts, and to present objective factual evidence such as the exact wording of a legal act. - now rather than disrupt this thread perhaps you'd like to google the term troll - then go look in a mirror

Really? Pretty sure you've commented about bullfighting before? Where did you pick up your knowledge on that particular topic?

my knowledge of animal rights and stress/abuse comes from living and working in the countryside, and having first hand experience of working with the police and rspca against badger baiting... beyond that i have the evidence of what my eyes can see in documentary photographs - rather like the ones you take.

I also recall saying on the bullfighting thread before it got locked that although i have no specific experience of attending a bullfight in general i don't see cultural significance as a valid excuse for animal abuse (vis the fact that in some countries bear and badger baiting is still legal - and I do have first hand experience of what the latter looks like)

if we flip this round did your extensisive knowledge of the CAA regulations arround drone flight arive unbidden in your head one morning as if by magic - or did your perhaps do some research in order to establish your knowledge base, perhaps even, shock horror, using a search engine ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back