Is this forum over moderated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I've received points but there's nothing showing in my profile either i'm guessing only mods can see the warnings tab so they can decide how much previous you have when choosing whether to send you to yinnys dungeon of doom or yvs dungeon of delights......

Last edited:
I think that the "Warnings" tab only shows for the staff, to keep track of how many points members have accrued, and, to allow us to review/extend/shorten the duration of the expiration of the points as necessary...

For example - one moderator may consider calling someone "a condescending prick" to be a minor offence, however, if the next three staffmembers check in and say that was well out of order, the "points" value may be escalated on review from say 1 to 3 points, or extended in duration from 3 month to (say) 6 or 12, or a combination of both...

I think the reasoning behind not showing the actual "current unexpired tarrif" to the members is basically to try and stop people "pushing it" right to the limit whilst just staying short of getting a spell on the naughty step. And if that sounds like it's treating members rather like an errant child, well - that's probably because thats how they've been behaving.

Personally I find this a very well moderated site I don't think the web or here is a place for people to abuse and insult other human beings !
Its all to easy hidden behind a monitor and keyboard to abuse and insult others but how many of these people would do it face to face with there victims ?

You do realise this conversation track only has one logical trajectory now, a la classifieds ratio question, what my naughty score :p :LOL:

it's simple, anyone who asks gets the answer "+3 from whatever it was earlier, for the next 6 months..."

it's simple, anyone who asks gets the answer "+3 from whatever it was earlier, for the next 6 months..."

:wideyed:

Booooo! (n)

:cool:

I think the reasoning behind not showing the actual "current unexpired tarrif" to the members is basically to try and stop people "pushing it" right to the limit whilst just staying short of getting a spell on the naughty step.

I guess I understand the reasoning behind that & thinking about it again, it's probably the best way tbh. (y)

(A bit like many folk today wearing electronic `tags` as a badge of honour :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
one less than you at the moment, and 4 less than you will have if I get the OK on my "stop asking" policy...

This reminds me of one of those twelve plus questions

If Carlos has one less than Dave , and Dave has four less than pete, when pete gets banned for being a gobs***e how many points will Carlos have ? (before anyone says 7 its worth noting that you can get banned for being a gobs***e without reaching 12 on the totting up process :LOL: )

(before anyone says 7 its worth noting that you can get banned for being a gobs***e without reaching 12 on the totting up process :LOL: )
We have an over-ride button, so you can go directly to jail without passing go, without collecting £200 or even 1 point ;)

We have an over-ride button, so you can go directly to jail without passing go, without collecting £200 or even 1 point ;)

and without doing anything wrong ;):p:D

f only it was that simple to find out with women as well... :D
Santa has the handle on that, why do you think he's always smiling?

( Sorry about the use of the S word in November :( )

What an interesting discussion.

It doesn't seem to have made an impression on some people in this thread though

Maybe threads have resulted in multiple RTMs could have a Moderators Aware! banner on them or something?

What an interesting discussion.

It doesn't seem to have made an impression on some people in this thread though
Ahh, the riddler strikes again. Surprised his mate the joker didn't appear too.

Or maybe he did, I have the joker on ignore - the riddler is just too intriguing to put on ignore, you never quite know how poetic his next comment will be (but it will never be complimentary).

I was scrolling through that thinking "look okay to me , then suddenly... what the actual f***....

If ever the RTM button was made for a thread its that one...

As the lady said ........... ;)

From which I assume that the thread has been noted. It wasn't a thread I'd looked at before because the OP wasn't asking for criticism (and given the large number of photos, I wouldn't have attempted it anyway). But, I've now looked. Despite the comments beiing "absolute bile" and "bordering on the ridiculous if not stupid", Kodiak was perfectly correct about the halos. And as to the (and I paraphase here dramatically) twenty million lemmings can't be wrong statement (or, more accurately, "everybody else said "great shots"") well, I for one would like to have seen Kodiak's comments refuted, not denied or ridiculed as happened.

It just encourages "awesome shot" comments and puts people off.

Rant over.

From which I assume that the thread has been noted. It wasn't a thread I'd looked at before because the OP wasn't asking for criticism (and given the large number of photos, I wouldn't have attempted it anyway). But, I've now looked. Despite the comments beiing "absolute bile" and "bordering on the ridiculous if not stupid", Kodiak was perfectly correct about the halos. And as to the (and I paraphase here dramatically) twenty million lemmings can't be wrong statement (or, more accurately, "everybody else said "great shots"") well, I for one would like to have seen Kodiak's comments refuted, not denied or ridiculed as happened.

Rant over.

I'm with you here - I wasn't referring to the content of Kodiaks comments so much as the reaction to them and the p***ing contest which followed. (the other thing about Kodiak is that hes a french canadian for whom English is a second language so sometimes when hes perceived as being harsh it may be a language barrier thing)

Rant over.

Or,
Have the technicalities been obsessed over rather than the overall effect of the image itself?

Not that there's any excuse for what followed.

I'm with you here - I wasn't referring to the content of Kodiaks comments so much as the reaction to them and the p***ing contest which followed. (the other thing about Kodiak is that hes a french canadian for whom English is a second language so sometimes when hes perceived as being harsh it may be a language barrier thing)

I took it that you were. I was appalled at the immediate reaction to his post, and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Regardless of how harsh someone seems, or how badly expressed, it should be the ideas that are addressed. And to dismiss them without apparently considering them....

Mods - if you tidy up the thread, feel free to remove my posts here.

Sometimes I despair :(

Or,
Have the technicalities been obsessed over rather than the overall effect of the image itself?

Not that there's any excuse for what followed.

Valid point, and one that could be - in fact, should be - discussed. But it's sailing perilously close to the "A" word to do so ;)

Last edited:
It's always best to consider the wider view, sometimes the reaction to one post may be easier to understand in the context of further posts from the same person.

It's always best to consider the wider view, sometimes the reaction to one post may be easier to understand in the context of further posts from the same person.

this is true - but the same could be said of all sorts of people David, Steve, Me probably in some circles, etc ... thing is though isn't dealing with that bigger picture really a job for the mods - calling someone on their behaviour or past behaviour or whatever and then having a dick measuring contest with them doesn't really benefit anyone.

you/they/we may not like what KQC has to say but at least he's offering crit , which is what those boards are for... disagree, prove him wrong whatever by all means but insulting him and deriding his views doesn't encourage anyone else to give critique more meaningful and useful than 'great shot bro' . If he's really out of line RTM him and let the green machine decide

Last edited:
Ahh, the riddler strikes again. Surprised his mate the joker didn't appear too.

Or maybe he did, I have the joker on ignore - the riddler is just too intriguing to put on ignore, you never quite know how poetic his next comment will be (but it will never be complimentary).
The Joker has taken a holiday. I'm not sure if it is a permanent one though.
The Penguin and Ice Man have also packed overnight bags.

yes don't be so racist stupid stupid question and i did see the smiley face but it does'nt make it ok

calm yourself iago - he was commenting on the likelihood of muslim potential members being scared off by all the racist/anti muslim/anti imigration threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back