Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

I've been down tonight and bought 2 rolls! They had approx 100 rolls on the shelf.
That fits with the sudden arrival of stock at the Bath branch.

Planned a day in Brecon on Saturday so will take my MX and Pentaxv 645.... Non Digital day.

So where is the cheapest place to get them developed and scanned?

So where is the cheapest place to get them developed and scanned?

Well, if you local Asda still develop then they would be the cheapest I think especially if it is a first test run of a camera. However, if you want to carry on with shooting film it is probably better to send them off to a pro lab such as the ones on this list.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/film-developing-in-the-uk.99/

FilmDev are the current favourites. £5 for a dev and low res scan usually within 48 hours of posting (sometimes 24 hours) you get an email with a link to the scans. An excellent service.

Well, if you local Asda still develop then they would be the cheapest I think especially if it is a first test run of a camera. However, if you want to carry on with shooting film it is probably better to send them off to a pro lab such as the ones on this list.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/film-developing-in-the-uk.99/

FilmDev are the current favourites. £5 for a dev and low res scan usually within 48 hours of posting (sometimes 24 hours) you get an email with a link to the scans. An excellent service.
Ok thanks the asda in Cardiff might I'll check.

I was trying to find out if Asda are still doing film processing and came across a couple of articles about them refusing to give customers their photos as they didn't believe they owned the copyright. These were images on a memory card but we all have our film scanned.

Does the processing price get cheaper the more rolls you have done?

Does the processing price get cheaper the more rolls you have done?
I think they can fit 4 films in to one cd, so if you want them scanned is cheaper to get 4 done. I think they only add £1 for the CD though. If you're just getting developed and scanned (no prints) is no more expensive to get them done in an hour.

Last time I went it was £2.50 per film and they were talking about being taken over by Photo-Me

Last time I went it was £2.50 per film and they were talking about being taken over by Photo-Me

It has been taken over by Photome, the price for dev and scan is about £3.50 but it's all dodgy as Photome's policy is if the machine breaks down it goes and won't be repaired, so best to phone before visiting..well unless you shop at Asdas anyway.

Poundland Vista is back in stock in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and I even managed to get a cellophane-wrapped block of 10 rolls for £1 !

You, lucky, lucky bugger.

Poundland Vista is back in stock in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and I even managed to get a cellophane-wrapped block of 10 rolls for £1 !
I once came this >< close to managing that. Took a block to the counter, the lady scanned them, said, "that's a pound then, please" and as I went to hand over the coin she gasped and said, "oh, wait, there's 10 in here, isn't there! Sorry about that." :(

I once came this >< close to managing that. Took a block to the counter, the lady scanned them, said, "that's a pound then, please" and as I went to hand over the coin she gasped and said, "oh, wait, there's 10 in here, isn't there! Sorry about that." :(

You couldn't hide the guilt on your face could you?:D

I always tell people if they make a pricing mistake, I'm not a huge believer in Karma or anything like that, but I can't see any harm in working towards an upgrade in the next world! ;)

Last edited:
You couldn't hide the guilt on your face could you?:D
I don't think I gave a girlish gasp and giggled with excitement but you're right, somebody smiling in Poundland would be enough to tip them off that something's wrong.

Try the self service till next time .....
They didn't have one, though if they did I'd probably have scanned all 10 because I'm like that.

Just back from the Bristol Poundland, it's chock full of Vista 200!
Which Bristol store - they have a few?

I have been asked to get some Vista for a friend in Ireland and will be in Bristol tomorrow. There is the big store on Keynsham High Street but I would rather go straight to a branch with definite stock.

Steve

Which Bristol store - they have a few?

I have been asked to get some Vista for a friend in Ireland and will be in Bristol tomorrow. There is the big store on Keynsham High Street but I would rather go straight to a branch with definite stock.

Steve

The one in Broadmead, by McDonalds :)

The one in Broadmead, by McDonalds :)
Ahhh vheers

With you. Forgot about that one. Don't get to the Broadmead much since Cabot Circus opened. Broadmead llooked very tired the last time I went.

Might dive into Keynsham, cheap parking!

Steve

I was reading about the founder of Poundland ( made loadsa money) and he apparently sold to a South African group (who have a lot of other fingers in pies in UK)...what does this mean about the supply of Vista? Well I don't know other than why should a foreign group care about UK filmies and could be more ruthless and ignore any petitions etc to keep the supply going.

I was reading about the founder of Poundland ( made loadsa money) and he apparently sold to a South African group (who have a lot of other fingers in pies in UK)...what does this mean about the supply of Vista? Well I don't know other than why should a foreign group care about UK filmies and could be more ruthless and ignore any petitions etc to keep the supply going.

Brian, sometimes you say daft things. :D

No company actually cares about the people they sell to. They only care if a product makes them a profit. If Agfa makes a profit then the company who sells it, be they South African or Alaskan, will keep on selling it. End of story.. ;)

Brian, sometimes you say daft things. :D

No company actually cares about the people they sell to. They only care if a product makes them a profit. If Agfa makes a profit then the company who sells it, be they South African or Alaskan, will keep on selling it. End of story.. ;)

Well yes but a new broom sweeps clean and it's all about shelf space and what makes the most or reasonable profit.....if a new set of accountants are sent in, any borderline profit e.g. maybe Vista could be axed and when people sent in emails the last time Vista was going to be axed they did respond so would this new group care as much.......anyway time will tell.

the Southport shop had a box full of film in today

Plenty of the £1 special in Worcester today.

I went with a friend to get some Agfa vista and the three shops that we tried had all run out. At each shop the staff told us that poundland had decided not to continue stocking it.

If you're lucky enough to find some it's probably best to stock up whilst you can.

This was in Sheffield.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Mathew, but I'm guessing the real story might be that the profit margin isn't enough to be attractive to Poundland, since they certainly seem able to sell all they stock of it. The last rolls I bought were dated well into 2018, so I'd agree about snapping it up if/when you find a stock of it.

Sorry to hear that Mathew, but I'm guessing the real story might be that the profit margin isn't enough to be attractive to Poundland, since they certainly seem able to sell all they stock of it. The last rolls I bought were dated well into 2018, so I'd agree about snapping it up if/when you find a stock of it.
I'm not too worried as I don't mind stumping up for Ektar and Portra e.t.c. as I'm not too trigger happy. I plan to do some bulk loading of HP5 too. It's just a shame for my mates who are just getting started. A few £1 rolls are ideal to learn the basics of exposure and focusing on.

Back