Is this the reason I can't find Agfa 200 at my local Poundland?

Anyone in driving distance (worth it if you buy say 30 rolls) to Uxbridge (outer W. London) there are plenty there last week.

Noticed plenty at both stores in Newport Centre recently.

I cross processed a roll in HC-110, but found when enlarging to black and white paper the exposure times necessary were insanely long. Not sure if I over developed it.

I've never used Agfa, but it's a fair assumption (I think) that it has the orange masking layer, which is going to affect exposure on non-panchromatic paper (same colour more or less as a darkroom safelight).

Had it in the Inverness store today and it's dated 9/2018, so not old stock. One roll is dated 12/2018, so must be different batch/delivery. I had a hard job finding it amongst all the other stuff in the shop, but the assistant was very helpful and showed me where it was. Disappointed to find that Jessops website returns "no hits" when searching for film developing or processing, (we've still got a Jessops) so that'll mean posting it to Filmdev according to the other thread.

Had it in the Inverness store today and it's dated 9/2018, so not old stock. One roll is dated 12/2018, so must be different batch/delivery. I had a hard job finding it amongst all the other stuff in the shop, but the assistant was very helpful and showed me where it was. Disappointed to find that Jessops website returns "no hits" when searching for film developing or processing, (we've still got a Jessops) so that'll mean posting it to Filmdev according to the other thread.
Try Asda, some stores still have the photo labs and are a good price. Only thing is the scans aren't brilliant.

No Vista in the Congleton Poundland. I asked somebody and they said 'oh, I didn't think anyone bought film'.

I bought a few today from the Hillsborough store in Sheffield, dated 2018 but they didn't have loads. It's by no means my favourite film but it's come in handy and will be a shame if it becomes unavailable.

I bought a few today from the Hillsborough store in Sheffield, dated 2018 but they didn't have loads. It's by no means my favourite film but it's come in handy and will be a shame if it becomes unavailable.

My thought is that if enough of us worldwide continue to buy it (if I can find it in Poundland), then Agfa will continue to produce it. Fingers crossed eh?

No Vista in the Congleton Poundland. I asked somebody and they said 'oh, I didn't think anyone bought film'.

Apparently Poundland in Crewe had a small pile of it just over a week ago, I say apparently as someone else got 3 rolls for me while they were in Crewe, so I didn't see it myself. So you could always try there, perhaps phone them first and ask, if you can find a phone number for them? :)

Apparently Poundland in Crewe had a small pile of it just over a week ago, I say apparently as someone else got 3 rolls for me while they were in Crewe, so I didn't see it myself. So you could always try there, perhaps phone them first and ask, if you can find a phone number for them? :)

Try Phone:01270 747436

Ive only been in the Crewe branch once when they didnt have any, there's usually a good pile of them in there.

There is a Poundland near Rochdale (heading towards Norden and the cemetery) and stocked with about 200 rolls two weeks ago.

Ashton-u-Lyne had about the same on Sunday.

Just got a call from a fiend in the Bath Poundland who reports they have 70 plus 24 frame rolls of Vista on the shelves. He only wants a few but he is getting me 10, so good number left for sale. Zero stock for a couple of weeks but now new supply. Are they finding them tucked away in their warehouses?

I've never shot film I might get a few rolls I have two film camera here I've never used.

I'll check my local store on Saturday. I'm happy to buy a load and post them out to you guys if needed.

Ooh, I wonder if the Bristol branches might be getting some in too :)
Might be worth it. There's also the Poundland at Emerson's Green if you are on the North side of Bristol. I got a good stock there whe they had a 10% off day, so 90p.

Just got mine dropped off... my mate got me 20 rolls! Dated for 12/2018

IMG_20170216_194408.jpg

Quick smap from poor phome camera!

Last edited:
I've never shot film I might get a few rolls I have two film camera here I've never used.
It was all I used from 1962 till I got a digital finepix 2800S...

It is fun and as for metering, thereare some reasonably accurate light meter apps you can stick on your phone to check the camera metering (if it has one).

The frames available and cost of processing will force discipline on shooting, no memory card for 500 JPG and RAW shots, every frame counts!

No point in posting surely as there are plenty of Poundlands with stock?

I've been down tonight and bought 2 rolls! They had approx 100 rolls on the shelf.

It was all I used from 1962 till I got a digital finepix 2800S...

It is fun and as for metering, thereare some reasonably accurate light meter apps you can stick on your phone to check the camera metering (if it has one).

The frames available and cost of processing will force discipline on shooting, no memory card for 500 JPG and RAW shots, every frame counts!
I have a praktica BM electronic here I was going to try it with. I assume it has a relatively modern accurate metering system it's not that old I'd say it was bought early 90s.

Perhaps consider changing the battery, if only in case the old one starts to leak? That would also be one less factor to consider if the metering or the shutter speed does happen to be a bit out. Anyway, welcome to the world of film. (y)

I have a praktica BM electronic here I was going to try it with. I assume it has a relatively modern accurate metering system it's not that old I'd say it was bought early 90s.

Mine are 70s and 80s Pentax Sptmatics/MEsuper/MX/LX models! I have a Sekonic 308S meter but sometimes I go out with the MX with the 40mm Pentax M pancake and the meter in the camera sometimes puzzles me, or on one occslassion, the batteries died. The phone app offers a little ectra confirmation or you can check shadow areas etx. I try to make every shot counts.

With the MX I tend to use the SR44 Silver Oxide bstteries rather thanbewer alkaline versions and I remove them after use.

Again checking the batteries is useful but the manual bodies the power is only for the metering.

Go for it. Lot of fun but for me digital was late 1990s onwards... 35+ years of film! After you try 35mm maybe 120 next ? [emoji56]

Steve

EDITED TO DELETE DOUBLE/INCOMPLETE PARAGRAPHS

Steve

Last edited:
Back