Isle Of Man

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering what the Isle of Man is like for Landscapes during the last 10 days of August?

I have been thinking of going to see/shoot the Manx/Classic TT and if I do would like to combine it with some Landscape photography. So any info on the Landscape side of things would be most welcome.

Its been a lot of years since I was there last,
but from what I remember there are loads of opportunities.
There are also a few members on here, that live there, hopefully they'll be along soon.
Not least Andrea @Manxmaid

Thanks, Cobra :) Hi Graham, there are loads of landscape options over here; everything from coastal scenes, harbours and wide open beaches to hills and rivers and glens. It's quite rugged in places with a lot of open country so I'm sure you wouldn't be bored between the races!

You could have a potter through my Isle of Man album on Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/manxmaid2000/sets/72157627244397299/) for a mixture of island images, and there's a good Isle of Man group with loads of great images to give you an idea of the opportunities. Hope that helps, but feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Thanks, Cobra :) Hi Graham, there are loads of landscape options over here; everything from coastal scenes, harbours and wide open beaches to hills and rivers and glens. It's quite rugged in places with a lot of open country so I'm sure you wouldn't be bored between the races!

You could have a potter through my Isle of Man album on Flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/manxmaid2000/sets/72157627244397299/) for a mixture of island images, and there's a good Isle of Man group with loads of great images to give you an idea of the opportunities. Hope that helps, but feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

That's what I like about TP people are so quick and willing to help others (y)

Wow guys thats what I call arapid response. :ty:

Its been a lot of years since I was there last,
but from what I remember there are loads of opportunities.
There are also a few members on here, that live there, hopefully they'll be along soon.
Not least Andrea @Manxmaid

Thanks Andrea I will have a gander at those and you might well be hearing from me closer to the time :)

That's what I like about TP people are so quick and willing to help others (y)

:agree:

Isle of Man is fantastic, the whole uk landscape in one small island.

Cheers Byker

Unrestricted roads over the mountains where you can go fast of you want, but ensure you stick to all speed limits in towns.
South end, Castletown is great with rock pools great slabs etc, port Erin has seals. On the west, Peel has a lovely harbour, a castle and a smokers for kippers. Really nice to get them still warm and eat them on the harbour.
Sulby reservoir and around that area is nice, depends on the time of year but it's not unusual to get snow at Easter on the mountain stage.

Hum, think I'll have to make another trip.

Back