Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

cheers i'll keep an eye out.

Also on Game Pass :)

Finally got a XBSX and gamepass. Forza was my first download (82G!!!!), but after playing for a couple of hours i unstalled it. It feels the same as Forza 3 which I played a lot of. The most interesting thing in it was the scenery and how realistic and accurate it all looks. That is impressive. The gameplay though repetitive.

Started Outriders, just got passed the intro level. Looks decent with new sci fi magical angle mixed into a shooter.

Loved Outriders when it was on demo, d/ld the full game when it came out and....haven't touched it since :) Must get back to it. It's interesting because the intro is all pretty and a nice gentle intro and then all hell breaks loose.....

Also on Game Pass :)

Don't think he has it, I mentioned it first as being on there. If you have an XBSX though, no reason to not have GP unless you rarely play any games. I don't feel I get the best out of it for PC, I play very casually, often leaving games unfinished - but I know soon as I drop it some games will turn up I really want to try

Last edited:
Don't think he has it, I mentioned it first as being on there. If you have an XBSX though, no reason to not have GP unless you rarely play any games. I don't feel I get the best out of it for PC, I play very casually, often leaving games unfinished - but I know soon as I drop it some games will turn up I really want to try

Must have missed it . I’ve got gp ultimate so will download tonight

Played and finished Little Nightmares the other week as it was free to download. Perhaps to promote the sequel. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere. Haven't started the sequel yet, keep getting distracted with Door Kickers 2 and workshop maps.

Playing Ori And The Will Of The Wisps. Tough and absolutely gorgeous looking platformer, maybe the most visually stunning game I’ve ever played. The soundtrack is mint as well. Playing on the Series X via Gamepass.

Excellent platformer, lush visuals hide a tricky one though! I got stuck and left it for a bit but meaning to get back to it.

Played and finished Little Nightmares the other week as it was free to download. Perhaps to promote the sequel. Really enjoyed it, great atmosphere. Haven't started the sequel yet, keep getting distracted with Door Kickers 2 and workshop maps.

Grabbed this one while it was free too, more for my daughter who loves that kind of style - it's just the right amount of creepy :D we just tried it out, done a few levels - again, deceptively tricky puzzles as you progress

Downloaded and started Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 last night, what a cool game it is to play.

How I wish I wasn't so absoloute rubbish at shooting games, there's many I'd love to try but I just get so frustrated. It's weird, as when it comes to photography, even with longer lenses, I'm steady as a rock - pass me the controller on one of these precision shooter games and I shake like a leaf in a hurricane :ROFLMAO:

How I wish I wasn't so absoloute rubbish at shooting games, there's many I'd love to try but I just get so frustrated. It's weird, as when it comes to photography, even with longer lenses, I'm steady as a rock - pass me the controller on one of these precision shooter games and I shake like a leaf in a hurricane :ROFLMAO:

I love the shooting and racing games the most, but then give me a zombie one and I jump about like a fool so gave up playing those ones..lol

Wow, this brings back memories.

Played the Silent Hill series, loved that game, hard to believe that was so long ago. The Suffering was also excellent.

The original TOCA on the first Playstation, played that for days on end. I still have both the game and the PS.

I played Crash Bandicoot for hours on the X-Box, now we have it on the Switch, great, family game too.

I also play Forza 4 on the 360. It's great for learning racing circuits as I occasionally go to the VR place in Glasgow, but obviously not been to that since pre pandemic. I think the place got flooded out whilst closed. My first time at VR, I raced at Monaco, I had to hit the emergency button as it made me vomit. Luckily, the toilet was just behind me. :puke::LOL:

VR is very real. :oops: :$

Excellent platformer, lush visuals hide a tricky one though! I got stuck and left it for a bit but meaning to get back to it.

Finished the main story today. The last levels were incredibly intense but really enjoyable. Utterly fantastic game, easily in my top 5 ever. Will go back for all the collectibles. There's an achievement for finishing the game without dying. Yeah, right. My death count was well into three figures by the end. :cool:

Halo Infinite mutiplayer beta is out now. It's free to play and non-beta due 8th December.

I'm really looking forward to the campaign, having completed Halo MCC over last few months. It brings back memories, spending hours trying to get warthog to the top of silent cartographer.

Although I felt Halo 4 was the worst of MCC, it's also the only one being made by 343. So I can only say I'm cautiously optimistic for Infinite.

Halo Infinite mutiplayer beta is out now. It's free to play and non-beta due 8th December.

I'm really looking forward to the campaign, having completed Halo MCC over last few months. It brings back memories, spending hours trying to get warthog to the top of silent cartographer.

Although I felt Halo 4 was the worst of MCC, it's also the only one being made by 343. So I can only say I'm cautiously optimistic for Infinite.
such memories! i played so many hours of halo 3 multiplayer it was silly. Didn’t get into halo 4 at all but enjoyed 5 much more. Just downloaded the infinity multiplayer and will get on it later.

Currently sitting on horizon 5, but once I’m bored of that I’ll probably download AOE4 and rinse that for a bit.

Currently sitting on horizon 5, but once I’m bored of that I’ll probably download AOE4 and rinse that for a bit.

Games sure are getting way up there in size, 100GB d/l!! That'll take a while, I might grab it later. I played 4 but never got very far into it, got a bit bored of the festival shennanigans, and was disappointed to see it's more of the same in 5 [with even more way ott voices! eurgh] But, it certainly looks a pretty game, possibly the best looking race game to date overall, so worth a shot. If I find I'm not big into it though that 100GB space could be put to better use.

I'm wasting my XBL sub lately as not been playing much games, none at all past few weeks in fact. Must have a nose and see can I get my money's worth or think about cancelling

Playing God of War currently, such a great game.

AoE4 is very good. I'm a Relic fanboy as you can probably tell from my avatar.

Froza Horizon 4 and 5 feels same-y. I also got bored with the endless festive vibe in 4. So far, a few hours into 5, it feels the same. Okay racing (still prefer Grid 2008 and 2019), great graphics, but tiresome presentation. On the bright side, at least 5 have done away with the dancing avatar after winning, that was the most pointless part of the game.

God of War is coming to PC. It's also a game I'm looking forward to playing with ultrawide screen support.

Recently bought the new oled switch along with a download of cup boy. Looks like a great game but I absolutely suck at it :(

Aargh! It's come too soon. I set myself the goal of playing Reach - 5 Campaign before it came out but I'm bogged down in Halo 2 ATM. For some reason I just don't like the Arbiter bits.

Also I generally hate multiplayer. Infinite multiplayer is a surprisingly small download though - Xbox says it will be ready in 7 minutes :)

In other news, I picked up a copy of the Division for £3. Now I'm Googling "why do I suck at The Division?". It turns out it's just really hard in solo.....

I’m also looking forward to the new Halo
I also play more this time of year once the butterflies and dragonflies have gone

Aargh! It's come too soon. I set myself the goal of playing Reach - 5 Campaign before it came out but I'm bogged down in Halo 2 ATM. For some reason I just don't like the Arbiter bits.

Also I generally hate multiplayer. Infinite multiplayer is a surprisingly small download though - Xbox says it will be ready in 7 minutes :)
If you are like me, mainly do single player, don't worry. The Halo Infinite singleplayer campaign is coming early next month. Currently it's multiplayer only.

From 2 hr I played last night, it's pretty good, feels similar to Halo CE. I had a blast in vs bot games, and lost most of vs player games. They need to stand still like the bots :LOL:

If you are like me, mainly do single player, don't worry. The Halo Infinite singleplayer campaign is coming early next month. Currently it's multiplayer only.

From 2 hr I played last night, it's pretty good, feels similar to Halo CE. I had a blast in vs bot games, and lost most of vs player games. They need to stand still like the bots :LOL:

Yeah just lost an hour to bot games. They are fun but I'm not ready for humans :) Can't wait for campaign.

The Last of Us (Remastered) is my favourite, great story and graphics!

Also play World of Warcraft (Free) on a private server, it’s the older version before it started losing its charm.

Aside from that I like a bit of GTA5 and Battlefield games

So I hate driving games (mostly because I'm terrible at them) and I *really* hate overly complicated driving games that think they are RPGs.....but I just installed Forza 5 Horizon on my Series X and played Welcome to Mexico on a 4k screen. Wow - that's one beautiful game.

So I hate driving games (mostly because I'm terrible at them) and I *really* hate overly complicated driving games that think they are RPGs.....but I just installed Forza 5 Horizon on my Series X and played Welcome to Mexico on a 4k screen. Wow - that's one beautiful game.

Yeah, even people not into games whatsoever were praising FH4 when I played it, and 5 is that bit prettier - not played it yet, will get to it at some point [I mean, silly not to if you have XBGP] - never was very good at driving games but I do find them fun in short bursts [I have Dirt 5 and Wreckfest on the PC atm as well as FH4]

I only play my Xbox One in the winter months when it's too dark to get my morning walk along the river.
I really like the Assassins Creed games.
To me, the graphics are the best I've experienced.
Also like the Tomb Raider genre

You should try The Witcher 3, for me it's better looking than any of the AC games but it is in a similar genre - I put about 150hrs into it and still have the extra DLC to get through, such an epic game.

You should try The Witcher 3, for me it's better looking than any of the AC games but it is in a similar genre - I put about 150hrs into it and still have the extra DLC to get through, such an epic game.

I'll maybe have a look as well. Was into Fallout 4 for a while but it's become a little repetitive and I don't have very much spare time so I need any gaming to be worth it. Still hitting up Door Kickers 2, mainly for the easy and quick in and out style.

Quite fancy doing a return visit to Red Dead 2 on my son's Xbox which never gets used now that he has a PC, plus the Xbox keeps losing its microphone ability - very annoying and tried everything from swapping various hardware to all sorts of settings changes.

He's getting a Quest 2 for Christmas. Maybe he won't like it... haha

Re: The Witcher 3, look out for sales on the GOTY edition, I got screwed a little when I bought the game stand alone, I got it for €20 which was fine but about 2 weeks later they [Steam] had the GOTY Edition [which includes both DLC extras normally about €10 a pop] for 15!! - Either way if you do decide to go for it, do the main story line before either DLC [think you might have to tbh, you need to be at a certain level to do the DLC]

Re: The Witcher 3, look out for sales on the GOTY edition, I got screwed a little when I bought the game stand alone, I got it for €20 which was fine but about 2 weeks later they [Steam] had the GOTY Edition [which includes both DLC extras normally about €10 a pop] for 15!! - Either way if you do decide to go for it, do the main story line before either DLC [think you might have to tbh, you need to be at a certain level to do the DLC]

Thanks, I'll watch out for that!

As for the Quest 2, has that thing ever budged from £299 for the 128GB?

As for the Quest 2, has that thing ever budged from £299 for the 128GB?
It's now on offer for £299 with £50 voucher at most places (JL, Currys, Amazon)

Lowest I've seen is £285, so effectively £250 is a good price. I'm almost tempted to replace my Quest 1. But Q1 still works well as PC VR streaming headset and I don't want to generate unnecessary e-waste.

Yeah, even people not into games whatsoever were praising FH4 when I played it, and 5 is that bit prettier - not played it yet, will get to it at some point [I mean, silly not to if you have XBGP] - never was very good at driving games but I do find them fun in short bursts [I have Dirt 5 and Wreckfest on the PC atm as well as FH4]

I guess that the beauty of Game Pass. This week I've spent a little over 10 hours on Forza which I would never have installed if it cost even a tenner. I have a garage of 14 cars, have just tuned my first Porsche and have spent more time than is sensible trying to drift a Griffith. Terrible game, hate it.

Back