It must be art

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I spent an hour or so in the Tate Liverpool this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see a good representation of photography on display among the paintings, assemblages, sculptures and so forth. Photographs by Andreas Gursky, Cindy Sherman, Bruce Davison, Nan Goldin, Brassai and more. Worth popping in if you're in the city, and the Open Eye Gallery isn't far from the Tate either.

It has great windows.

K7MbzvGW6FzPT5sShjPd2a3iwgTvrF2gCcbzmcJj3vvdvyv363ry0I1wNzyCiQPtY_ZRCMmGN1yBlBcMrAfHTPxgDHssNcqb_aD2caRekhWhIjjbIy4azZF_6v1rnWDo4FlNymTcor50WYKugii0SIld6qP_EBkK-yj3F0IUTzZdJM73LGDGxGkNfqJEXHCRKmtB5cLpza3yd0m6WutCcrZmhaL_BbwOZiao1k2L7yLuogJXlJkRdCIe5YB2Y-DdL4N054lSS035KJJ44K4Czzb-WRrpKgcxJaDcBd1nn5dn-aZX_vY5Uidj9idnnhqhYysQuWe0VJ9DpgqvAHUu1T9OhJLRRScJ6eG6qvPttkpbR6dBIHlqNdQdLIPEefSH5slDRc2Zq3iMNpMxz3VgjyqPERFh2g7Ob86PysYNyBgSG5NEug_ELAcpPRCMHVUB-Zppa2Gr3_B7TSdCgD2fBkHjd00LDgBeeWiTaomEtDo5E-82FW_5a6fq1fKApzBGHVPATG1aAlVcGu-aFrEGYqVZTA0_VgGxQ_ouB6Sa_2mLlK99_2XeRKUNXplbBvkmdTLDMj5qUNwpliYsUnfQBAWjGY2PE30Xbrh_PlITsSqfqCQCFr8P_g=w450-h773-no

Oh, and Tracy Emin's bed is there too.
icon_stir.gif
:D

a4nYKvW17LV-obJRSOhCSrpXL4yw0anRvIGFTOjTiiiIWDwm8KI9bbX7cd9g92hdzRfmjiHicSrBOKj3pYRaQ8YF9zmkW5m6GRq_55GRNpVDggRcbHEA4090AyWjZ65ifHD7KNdxGyEhNKepnEj5wJ2Re32CzHWwEZYofJh-4NHqtfM4juf12Lw7DQiCb1C44fOQrhBU9lE_14TC11M8lB-Ujjofy3ROpAw4qXv_wZAFkL9UeaKj2fCWCvVJbqShjs63k4wC7fP0c7geVz2PMVJd9EiDkkSrCSsUuSqhU9nsFq2-4MfyfX5Pms2fy-8O81lFsJdecSZ1RPV_HSDDeOehTppEUhhYYcXpSTGXriAPe0QVkaxH72FMBm2ZOR1AQPw5imFWj_qfVKwgV3YVwIIp2iEYiKhhncrNFzd0L8jNF0pTAW1_BvBO0Xio9ArjaUD694k7g5Jz_dFdHEk63TjrioJ-itFXvZkb4AQZJBI59dad0jUjyA38iwLCAFkiFF5WTImyOWTRi0p8Ya_dJ8yoGm3R_lOrRdrKfWbSuDCJ3YHODbvi7ILz4wNT-EaCACG0kQhNs3s7Yqpiqaxc6vhCAk4c_f20MNs7VSAx_Abd2CQAZGpG-g=w900-h596-no

Oh, and Tracy Emin's bed is there too.
icon_stir.gif
:D

I wonder who will be first to trot out the tired old tropes because emperor has no clothes? :runaway:

It's a few years since I've been, must go back, your window photo does it justice BTW

I loved the Tate Liverpool, it's also worth going into the Liverpool museum just along.
I might combine a visit again with the Look festival, which is always good

On again in April/May
lookphotofestival.com

I loved the Tate Liverpool, it's also worth going into the Liverpool museum just along.
I might combine a visit again with the Look festival, which is always good

On again in April/May
lookphotofestival.com

LIverpool Museum is closed at the moment, scheduled to re-open on Monday, the Walker Art Gallery is worth a visit though, and the Reading rooms at the Library.

I've never been to either Liverpool or Manchester. I must get my up there this year for some street photography.

And the "WTF?" think bubbles?

In that case he must wondering if he fully followed the instructions!
He told me Tracy arranged everything herself, and it's slightly different each time it's on show.

I think it's fantastic, simply because it annoys so many people. :D

I've said before I find the bed quite an interesting piece, once you realise it's a personal portrait, just not one we're used to traditionally.
It's a really personal piece, the moment she looked at her life, saw the way it was going with huge excesses of drink, not caring etc.

I've never been to either Liverpool or Manchester. I must get my up there this year for some street photography.

I went to look festival two years ago. The town centre has had a huge makeover, big shopping centre. The venues for the festival were different, allowing a huge amount of different displays.
Some really good mix of opportunities for a weekend away.
Just don't make the mistake we did and leave on the Sunday as the Liverpool game emptied out.

He told me Tracy arranged everything herself, and it's slightly different each time it's on show.

I think it's fantastic, simply because it annoys so many people. :D

I can't say I'm annoyed by art like this but to me looking at it and listening to people debate it is like watching an abusive drunk vomit in A&E.

I don't want to be a part of it. I want to leave the room.

Perhaps it's just me who finds the white lines marked out on the floor more artistic than the bed, which in all honesty reminds of home!:D

I can't say I'm annoyed by art like this but to me looking at it and listening to people debate it is like watching an abusive drunk vomit in A&E.

I don't want to be a part of it. I want to leave the room.

That's how I feel when people start discussing the comparative sharpness of lenses.

Isn't everybodies?

I dunno tbh, I don't actively go around inspecting.:D

Regardless, I'm just glad that mine isn't on public display regardless of wether it be presented in the Tate or anywhere else for that matter:D

I've said before I find the bed quite an interesting piece, once you realise it's a personal portrait, just not one we're used to traditionally.
It's a really personal piece, the moment she looked at her life, saw the way it was going with huge excesses of drink, not caring etc.

I was then going to say a similar thing.

I'm not a massive fan of Tracey's work but I do get the hype of the bed as a piece of art. I saw it at Tate just under a year ago and it really tells a story when you walk around and observe it.

It does seem to annoy a fair few though.

Back