Its mugshot time!

Hmmm, maybe you should all get your better halfs to turn away, not for the same reasons as Matty, i wouldnt want to make them feel ill lol

ian.jpg

I blame DJW for this.

Post a B+W he said (in another thread).

Maybe I should have said I've never done the monochrome thing before.

So if you randomly click things and adjust sliders in PS this is what you get...

me b+w2.jpg

Me :)

EosD said:
my picture is already up here somewhere, but for the purposes of transparency, here is my official photo....

*warning* you might want your ladies to look away now, i wont be responsible for marraige breakups...

medesaturated.jpg

women just melt into those dark, mysterious eyes.....

Buy a razor you tight sod...:p

thanks Busterboy, that was day-after-shaving stubble.....leave for 4 weeks, trim....

Bod, Ian and CT, I have much better pictures of you if you want me to post them?

NP I will process them and reduce for web. With any luck they will be up later tonight or early tomorrow if not.

Keep your eyes peeled

Actually that’s a really strange phrase, where does that come from? :ponders:

That may be a subject for full thread in its own right?

A picture of Helen and myself, the night after our wedding in Vegas.

Helen%20and%20Mike%20Las%20Vegas.jpg

We left our three children at home (all 20 years and above now) and let them watch the wedding live on the internet.

What a fantastic place, Disney World for grown ups.

Mike :thumb:

smashing photo Mike, you both look really happy!

Steve said:
Keep your eyes peeled

Actually that’s a really strange phrase, where does that come from? :ponders:

...as in peeling an apple. It derives from an old verb pill, “to plunder”, which is the root of our modern word pillage. It came to us from the Latin root pilare, meaning “to take the hair off, pluck” (closely connected with our depilate), but which also had the figurative meaning of “plunder, cheat”, almost exactly the same as the figurative meaning of our modern verbs fleece or pluck. From about the 17th century on, pill was commonly spelt peel and took on the sense of “to remove or strip” in the weakened sense of removing an outer covering, such as a fruit. The figurative sense of keeping alert, by removing any covering of the eye that might impede vision.

Clever aint I ?

Nope, not at all, google is though.

i'll try and take a post-worthy photo tomorrow, i have one of me at the beach from earlier this year but it makes me look about 15 years old (i'm 28) so there's no way that's going up ;)

Bachs, the photo of you in yr av always reminds me of bruce willis for some reason lol, oh, and a lot of you are older than i thought, but that's no bad thing though.

Mike Aiken said:
I always thought it comes from the times when our coppers were known as peelers, who used to stand around watching for crime.

Might be wrong.

Mike

That actually came from Sir Robert Peel who founded the first police force in this country. :)

I trawled through all my pictures and failed to find a single one of just me :D . In the interests of sharing something being better than nothing then a snapshot taken by the wife ....

swimming_001.jpg

Me with Hannah (6) and James (2) in Florida earlier this year.

Ok, this is me.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
I accept no liability for any breakages of computer hardware. This applies in particular to items such as computer monitors, video cards, etc

Me.jpg

CT said:
That actually came from Sir Robert Peel who founded the first police force in this country. :)

Yup, who hailed from my home town of Bury :D
I took an early morning walk up Holcombe Hill last Saturday morning, all the way up to Peel Tower :)

Steve, please feel free to post away.

RobertP said:
I blame DJW for this.

Post a B+W he said (in another thread).

Maybe I should have said I've never done the monochrome thing before.

So if you randomly click things and adjust sliders in PS this is what you get...

Me :)

Fair play Robert.... makes you look very distinguished in B&W :D

Me at Camp Dogwood with the Black Watch battlegroup last November. I'm sure we've done all this before, haven't we?

DesertPhot.jpg

Back out there a week on monday - after a drive up to Hull and back...

Ok here are a few of the people who attended out first TPF meet at Chester zoo.

To start with we have one of the stranger looking animals in the zoo.
IMG_3989_01.jpg

A collection of likely lads…spot the moderator in the middle, the underlings flank him on both sides to ensure his safety.
IMG_3998_01.jpg

Adopting the “aim and shoot” technique, Ian demonstrates his master skill in capturing the perfect shot without using the viewfinder.
IMG_3987_01.jpg

And finally we see the lesser spotted Marcel, parading his just acquired facial hair and taking a photo of the inside of a plastic bag. Buy all accounts it was one of his better shots.
IMG_3921_01.jpg

LOL Whatever happened to Cripple? :ponders:

There were some strange critters about that day...

Craftius Bastidus in search of unsuspecting prey..

Ian_filtered.jpg

and this rather ungainly creature... :icon_eek:

Matt_filtered.jpg

jewel said:
I'm debating. :p

Same. Oh well, I think I'll go ahead and post my photo...
(Johnny, I seriously thought I was the youngest one here. Makes me feel better now! :D)

erin.png

Hooray! An attractive photographer at long last! And she's a girl!

See... we're not all sad old gits after all...

Come on Jewel...give us sad old gits something to pin on the wall alongside Swiftwinds' pic

I need to get the 'TPF Babes' Calendar to the printers this week.

The 'TPF Hunks' Calendar is selling like hot cakes and will already pay for Steves' hosting.

Bachs said:
Come on Jewel...give us sad old gits something to pin on the wall alongside Swiftwinds' pic

The 'TPF Hunks' Calendar is selling like hot cakes and will already pay for Steves' hosting.

Is a sure fire thing you didnt use any of my pics then !!!!! lol

Bachs said:

:LOL: Where's my calandar??? :p I'm off to drop the kiddies off at school and than the gym. So you will all just have to wait until this afternoon anyway!

OH, In Steve's 2nd shot who is the mod in the red coat he has pointed out?? He's with Ian and someone else??? Their all great shots Steve. I was also admiring all your big lenses, wow! :D

Jewel.

jewel said:
OH, In Steve's 2nd shot who is the mod in the red coat he has pointed out?? He's with Ian and someone else???
The young gentleman in the red coat is CT. :thumb:

Back