JD's 365.

Day 358.

4211378064_aedb2388e5_o.jpg

The usual (For me anyway) rush around Belfast last minute shopping. I hadn't bought a thing until today. I'm not disorganised, I'm just lazy. I got everything I needed, a couple can be sent by amazon.

Imagine my surprise to get a smile today! Was barged, pushed and knocked into by every other shopper. (The main reason I do it in one hour) So you get the smiling lady for today's 365 shot. My new street technique works, smile at them so they don't realise you are taking their picture. :)

Day 359.

4213025451_cb955a6c66_o.jpg

It's a hard Christmas for my Mum. The first one without Stevie. I'd like to get all eloquent and say something poignant, but all I can really say is hold onto the one's you love, for tomorrow they might not be here.

On a lighter note,
4213026375_cabf335f5c_o.jpg

What's the point in brussel sprouts?

EDIT: I am definitely my mother's son.

Last edited:
I can imagine how tough it is for your mum Jonny, hope you're having as good a xmas as possible though.

As for the sprouts, Tinta loves 'em. :D

Nothing wrong with sprouts, apart from the affect of the men in this house, god xmas day evening is full of farting here :LOL:

Big hugs to your mum and everyone, we all know how she would be feeling here having been through it.

Hope you and you mum had a good Xmas mate, love the portrait of your mum, great processing too

Thanks you two. :D It's been a weird Christmas to say the least. :|

It's about to get weirder..

Day 361.

4221883803_68fc330fe7_o.jpg

Spent the majority of the day "resting" my eyes in front of the TV.

Hadn't intended to use this shot today, but it's better than anything else I took. The camera was left in 6400 ISO and I was just about to start another shot with manual flash. Thomas walked past the room and gave me the finger, and here it is. I had to use -4ev in LR to bring back any sort of detail. Thankfully, you can't see the finger. :)

Day 362.

4221929849_03e532a4fd_o.jpg

4221923257_d4e9daa299_o.jpg

You get two today, for some unknown reason nearly everything I shot today was in portrait? :shrug: I might replace today with a B&W film shot that's yet to be developed. ;)

A hungover day spent driving up the Coast road, first shot you can see Glenariff, and the second shot is Ballycastle. Another day spent with non-photographers who tut when you stop to take a picture...

Day 363.

DSC_4291-2.jpg

First day back at work, two more to go , then off for new year.

A recent thread on TP has had me thinking this last day or so. The question was "why do a 365?"

My main reason was to document a year of my life, to learn my camera and to try and improve my photography. Now that I'm nearing the end I think I've achieved all three. I've been through quite a lot this year and I'm proud that I've actually stuck at it and made it through the highs and extreme lows. I've sat at this computer so much this year that even my typing speed has improved, I've been in tears, (more than once) laughed so hard that my chest hurt and basically had a whale of a time.

For those thinking of doing a 365, don't think, just do. My life this year has basically been put on line for some to enjoy and some to endure. I've enjoyed it, hope you have as well. :)

View Large

Nice SP mate, great words too. I've been thinking about my 365 and what it means to me. The conclusion I reach is much the same as you, it's been a journey, but I'm sure glad this one is coming to an end ;)

Nice SP mate, great words too. I've been thinking about my 365 and what it means to me. The conclusion I reach is much the same as you, it's been a journey, but I'm sure glad this one is coming to an end ;)

Cheers mate, I can be insightful when I want to be. ;)

I'll be honest and say that I think I'll miss it, I'm definitely going to be doing a 52, so will still try to shoot as much as I have this year. (y)

Your dead right, think I may miss it too. I plan on doing a 52 too, but have all sorts of other mini projects I want to do over the course of the year.

You look very different there mate, not the smiling laughing person I've come to know over the last 12 months.

Back