Jenson Button Does Deansgate

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
Joined the thousands of fans at deansgate to watch jenson button take the mp4-24 for a spin.the spectical was truly epic for me as i am a massive f1 fan.found the conditions very hard because of the rain and such a dull day so high iso shots.but it was a great day anyway.

pic 1

DSC_0630.jpg

pic 2

DSC_0626.jpg

pic 3

DSC_0646.jpg

pic 4

DSC_0644.jpg

pic 5

DSC_0641.jpg

pic 6

DSC_0631.jpg

any comments or crit appreciated

thanks for looking (y) hope u like (y)

Last edited:
Very nice, I was there too, weather was a nightmare. What lens setting etc did you use, I found the car was going too fast to get any really good pic...

Great photos of a great day! Can't believe how loud the car was!

No.1 and 5 on here are my favourites. No.5 looks like its scalextric... brilliant.

Very nice, I was there too, weather was a nightmare. What lens setting etc did you use, I found the car was going too fast to get any really good pic...

cheers for the comments i was at around iso 1000 f5 for 1/400 - 1/640 i got a breaking zone area so it helped. i used my 18-55 kit lens.way to close for the 70-200 which i usualy use.

thanks for the comments

(y)

Good photos.
Don't normally like selective desaturation, but I'll make an exception for what you have done in pic 3.

The best thing for me is the way you have managed to show some movement in the tyres, yet the wet weather grip is still visible.

Pics 1 and 5 almost perfect, just let down slightly by the helmet visor being obscured by Jenson's hand.

Nicely done, and you obviously picked a great place to watch.

accialy no we got there late and got the worst place possible i couldnt even see the car.then as we were leaving the bloke made an announcement that he was going for another run.well i looked for the nearest railing and defended my position against the thousands packing back in.bloody hard work people trying to squeese me out. but yes by a stroke of luck i got a good spot.

thanks again everyone i know selective desaturation is not everyones cup of tea so im glad you agree it works in number 2 so cheers :)

Last edited:
accialy no we got there late and got the worst place possible i couldnt even see the car.then as we were leaving the bloke made an announcement that he was going for another run.well i looked for the nearest railing and defended my position against the thousands packing back in.bloody hard work people trying to squeese me out. but yes by a stroke of luck i got a good spot.

Sounds like a similar situation to me, I was at the other end of Deansgate and couldn't see the car the first time around. I'm so pleased Button decided to do that second run; it meant I could actually get some photos!

Your photos are really good! So much better than mine. I love the way you've positioned the car in the frame and managed to blur the wheels just the right amount while keeping everything else in focus.

Great pictures, 1, 2, and 5 favourites for me....
I didnt even know he was coming to Manchester...:(

Noticed he has a Go-Pro camera mounted infront of the right-hand rear wheel...
Wonder if they will release the footage recorded?

beeen looking for the footage myself dont think its been released yet, probs saving it for f1

I like your pictures, I take very similar (not as good pictures) but would like to get a much shallower DoF. I guess you couldn't get under what you got because of the kit lens, am I right?

alchemistkevin said:
I like your pictures, I take very similar (not as good pictures) but would like to get a much shallower DoF. I guess you couldn't get under what you got because of the kit lens, am I right?

I could have got shallower if I switched lenses but I always shoot cars at around f6 if there's enough light.this ensures the car is sharp form the front wing through to the driver and rear wing but blurring the crowds.hope this kind of senders your dilemma. :)

Ps.dof is also down to distance to subject and distance of subject to background.the crowd was so close to the car you would struggle to get sufficient dof blur unless you pan etc.

Last edited:
Really nice shots, although the PS blur is a bit obvious in some of them, particularly the first where you can see bits that have been missed (on the barrier and fence near the spoiler). The overall effect is great, but you need to pay attention to the smaller details if you want to fake something as people will always pick up on it.

Great set overall though, and nice editing.

Back