Jon's 2019 52- Week 17-Light and Week 18-Crowded

Week 17- Light and Week 18-Crowded

Well, a bit late, but here's my entry for Light- in this case, a solar power plant that uses light to generate electricity. I have had to abandon using legacy lenses for all my shots, as I won't be able to catch up if I do, as I use a 24-70mm lens at work. I will endeavour to catch up on everyone else's entries asap...life just seems hectic at the moment, in addition to work and motorcycle trips, now I have loads of DIY in the house and motorbike maintenance to catch up on too!

Enerstar Villena by Jon, on Flickr

Crowded- a bit of a shoehorn, I guess, but most cities are pretty crowded.:D

Antwerp by Jon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bravo Jon!:clap:
Both images are stunning, can't fault either!
Light: Breathtaking! The symmetry of the array is perfectly countered by the seemingly random patchwork of the surrounding fields....love the lines of the roads too...marvellous!
Crowd: Fantastic again! I love the way the blackness of the river stands out - 'stands out' is perhaps the wrong choice of term however! The intricate network of street lighting is truly mesmerising!
Masterful!(y)

Wow! Those are both great images. That first one really shows off the intrusion of the modern era on the landscape, although necessary nowadays. I really like the roads on the right as a leading line around the panels.

The second for crowded just sums up our world as it is now. Overcrowded. Very interesting image, loads of detail and interest.

Those two images together are quite telling

Some really stunning images here on your thread Jon, I'm behind with comments too but the stand out ones for me are
Food ....a real eye catcher and very imaginative.
Smooth .... I think you've made that rose look beautiful, depth of field is absolutely perfect.
Above .... great view, the one of the mountains, I spend most of the time on a flight looking out of the window.
Crowded .... not a shoehorn for me, another super aerial shot, as Ian says above its got loads of interesting detail in it.

Back