Just ordered a new lens...

Nikor 105mm VR

Wow, thats a beast of a lens!

FTZRde0BLVcJEpgf_Fzwp.jpg

800mm 5.6 with a 2XTC Can't be bad. :D

Or Joe is leading us up the garden path?!

In a TP exclusive here is Joe's new camera equipment!!!

toy_squirt_cameras.jpg

Lovely lens Joe -congratulations mate. (y)

Sensible choice Joe, I can see your logic - fast lens for motor sport and good for wildlife with the converter options.

I don't see you hand-holding it much though. :D

Still heavier than my 500mm F4L IS, so quite a beast. Is it cased? When you getting it?

Congrats Joe:)

Hope you become bestest friends with it :woot:

Looking forward to seeing some results, looks like a superb lens, as is the 200-400 by all accounts, but not quite a fast as the prime :)

Still heavier than my 500mm F4L IS, so quite a beast. Is it cased? When you getting it?

It comes with a case, and should arrive tomorrow (as long as Warehouse Express get it out today)!

I need to start looking at bags - one consideration will be whether I want to carry the 400 and the 120-300 together. This would be quite a heavy combination!

I also need to shop for a tripod. The 055MF4 only takes 7kg which is not enough (by about 300g). I'm thinking it might be ok if I dont extend the centre column?

I will also order a lenscoat ASAP too.

Joe,

I've got both the Kinesis and Lowepro long lens bags....could meet you half way (Silverstone car park?) if you fancy a trial fitting.

Bob

I also need to shop for a tripod. The 055MF4 only takes 7kg which is not enough (by about 300g). I'm thinking it might be ok if I dont extend the centre column?
I wouldn't do anything rash with the tripod Joe - that's only around 10 ounces. With the lens properly balanced on a gimbal head with nice smooth movements and IS, you'll probably be OK. I wouldn't raise the centre column at all if you can help it. Look for another trpood if you find you need to. ;)

I have the Lowepro long lens case, it takes the 500mm, camera body and either converter all assembled which is handy.

Nice purchase Joe(y)
"PAH! what resession?";)

Dean:)

yeah but i get 840 5.6 with a 1.4 TC ;)

IS that all?.......:razz:

Cracking lens Joe, on my list of "I would like",,,,,,,,,,,(y)

Bob

That's an incredibly kind offer, which I might just take you up on! However, it wouldnt be Silverstone car park, at least a pub car park so I could buy you a beer!

Will let you know. Thanks :)

Better make it coffee or orange juice....I'm teetotal :p

Bob

Yeah, why not........(y)

Joe, the redsnapper with a 393 head would hold that lens and the head easily, just a thought mate.............(y)

Back