Generally speaking I agree Brian, however when it's a specific question from someone who hasn't used the forum before then I think it's possibly a bit daunting to get a thread that rambles off up a mountain path rather than sticking, at least a little bit, to the original question. :D

Well I dunno Andy and would think when someone has their question answered and don't ask anymore questions then they don't bother reading anymore. If Nina hasn't mastered the A1 she could come back and join the "101 ways to ruin a roll film" :eek:

Eos 1n RS, not mirrorless but no flappy mirror in that it used a pellicle mirror instead and ran at a max of 10fps on film! New roll every 4 seconds.

Interesting never heard of that one until now (y)

In all fairness, I think Nina's original question was answered to her satisfaction before anyone rambled off topic for a game of camera 'Top Trumps'? In which case I'm sure she won't mind and will forgive us for going a bit off topic; well, I very much hope so anyway. :) I hope she'll come back to us and let us know how she's gone on.

One thing we didn't mention was getting films developed and scanned, if Nina hasn't already found a good photo lab to use already? I think finding a good, reliable and reasonably-priced film lab can be just as important as getting the exposure and focus right when taking the shots. So let us know if you need any suggestions for a suitable film lab, Nina. (y)

Someone mentioned a winder\motor 5fps for the A1 well that would increase the size nearer to a T90 which is all built in inc 5fps..
Yes, but I don't use a motor drive on a film camera - I have a digital SLR for that! :D

Anyway, LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC NOW! :bat::)

Last edited:
Hey you started the drift at # 28 :D
No I didn't, I was talking about what a good camera Nina had, how is that off topic? I seem to recall it was someone else who mentioned the 'T word'! :whistle: How quickly they forget! ;)

Last edited:
Well, she logged on at 8.17 this morning. Normally they disappear never to be heard from again...

No I didn't, I was talking about what a good camera Nina had, how is that off topic? I seem to recall it was someone else who mentioned the 'T word'! :whistle: How quickly they forget! ;)

Well it looks like Nina had an exposure problem and wasn't sure how\why to use all the controls on the A1 and we all helped her out by #24 and assumed she was happy...from then on it sorta drifted.o_O

Well it looks like Nina had an exposure problem and wasn't sure how\why to use all the controls on the A1 and we all helped her out by #24 and assumed she was happy...from then on it sorta drifted.o_O
Forum threads usually do drift, in my experience if a thread is still on topic by the end of page 3 then it's a minor miracle! :LOL:

Both on and off topic: Kodak have just informed their retailers an 8% price hike is coming soon. In case anyone is planning a relatively large purchase, don't put it off too long.

Back