Ladies in particular, beware! I have just been robbed...

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
On my way to see Catdaddy playing gig at the Robin and stopped to get fuel. just got back into car and was putting purse away when a b****rd opened my passenger door, told me there was smoke coming out of back of car. Naturally I jumped out and ran to look. He grabbed my (camera) bag and legged it.

Moral of the story......LOCK YOURSELF IN IMMEDIATELY YOU GET IN CAR. I normally do, but he was too quick.

Everything I owned camera wise has gone. Covered under house insurance, but that's not the point is it? Garage have got it all on CCTV, so with a bit of luck the toe rag will get caught. he tried to use all my cards within 10 mins of grabbing them, but got zip all, fortunately. He got my drivers licence too, as well as a load of cash. Now I'm frightened they will come to house to try for more, as they have my address now.

Anyway, cried all the way home but managed not to hit anything! Cards all cancelled but insurance not open till morning.

Wish me luck!

This is why the wheelbrace for my car lives under the driver's seat instead of lying uselessly in the boot.

Awwwww what a terrible time you mustve had.
You just dont think that will really happen do you. Glad its insured (mine isnt) but like you say, thats not the point.

Hope you are feeling a slight bit better and are now safe and sound at home.:(

Oh no - thats terrible news. Hope you're bearing up OK?

I'm sure the insurance will do the decent thing and in no time you'll have the equipment replaced - hope the emotional side doesn't take too much longer.

Hope they get the b****** and club him!!

Also, I'd watch for your gear appearing on eBay with the seller living somewhere nearby.

really sorry to hear this, a sad example of society today. I hope your insurance company sort it out for you

Sorry to hear this :(

I hope the scum bag gets his nads squashed by busterboy's truck!

Do you have the serial number of the body?
Keep an eye on ebay and ask questions if one turns up, then inform the police.

I've been reading lately that the police have been quite active on ebay catching crims.

That makes me soooo savage just reading that!!!

Let's hope he is on CCTV in which case the retard will probably be well known to the local cops anyway.

By far the most important thing though is you weren't hurt. FWIW I always keep my camera gear out of sight in the boot.

Good luck with your insurance claim. :)

Short (5'6") max, dark short hair, pale complexion.

Bl***y awful 6 months what with being burgled then dad dying and now this....

thanks for your kind words everyone. Not looking for sympathy, honest ;) just want to warn others to beware. It's such an easy line to fall for.
(but knowing you care does help).

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. What a horrible experience for you. I'm pleased to hear you're insured but I know that's hardly the point right now. i just hope you're ok and not too shaken. Take care you :hug:

It's Theft btw, not Robbery. It would have been Robbery if he'd used force against you or threatened you. Theft carries 10 years impt max - Robbery carries 14 years impt max. Not that there's the slightest danger of the little tow rag getting anywhere near those sentences. :bang:

Theft...robbery....mugging :(

I don't think the term matters at the moment :(

Nasty little scumbag needs stringing up not locking up!

It's so easily done, really sorry to hear that - hope you didn't lose much in the way of photos on the camera - that's one thing the insurance can't replace.

I do hope they catch the git, but no doubt it'll be a slap on the wrist as per usual.

Carole, Im so very gutted for you.
I sat in numbed silence when I got your text ... and anyone who knows me, knows Im never silent!
Really relieved to hear your gear is covered but as you say, not really the point!
I can imagine your frustration but the one saving grace is that you yourself werent attacked.
Hope we meet some other time and that you get your gear replaced as quickly as possible :hug:

Words fail me! At least you are unharmed physically! Lets just hope this b*st*rd gets caught and locked up!

So sorry you had to go through that and I sincerely hope you can shake it off and life restores to normality as soon as possible!!!

Unbelievable cheek and downright nastiness! Sorry to hear of it...:thumbsdown:

:bat: - let me at him... let me at him... - :boxer:

On a serious note, this is really worrying. I keep my entire life on my passenger seat (obviously when I have no passengers!)
Think its time I sort my van out so I have room to hide things behind the seat...

The B****r of it is, I always keep my bag behind the drivers seat, not on the passenger seat. It was just that I was putting my purse away and hadn't yet put it back in its normal place. If only I'd locked the doors the second I got into the car!

Nothing on Ebay .........yet.

Yeah, but if someone came running up to me and said about smoke the last thing I would think about is locking the doors...

Aw no way. Really sorry to hear that :( Were there any pics on the cards at all? If you can get the gear replaced by the insurance company then thats not too bad. Loosing the shots would have been worse. Can't replace them. Glad you're not hurt.

If he got your driving license too, I'd keep an eye out for any evidence of Identity theft too.

What sort of age was he? I'm always curious about these sort of things, what sort of people they usually are.

If I had remembered when Chris' gig at the Robin was, I'd have been there!

Seriously awful news PS and so sorry to hear you've been violated in this way ... must be so awful for you ...:(

It doesn't matter how careful we are scum bags like this are opportunists and know how to get what they are after ... :shake:

Even if they catch the rat he is unlikely to get a custodial sentence ... we have no room have we ... :cautious:

Hope you get over the trauma soon ... our thoughts are with you ... ;)

:p

Carole, I'm really gutted for you. People like that don't deserve to walk unsupervised. Especially when you're out to do no harm to anyone else! I hope they catch the ******er and you get everything replaced for new...

Very sorry to hear about your awful experience. I retired in 2005 after 30 years as a Police officer in London.. Now living in Ireland. I must say that I found it increasingly more difficult watching the pendulum swing back and forth and mostly in the favour of the Criminal and thier rights ' . It sounds like you have really had a Raw deal lately and I can only send my best wishes and hope that things look up for you .
Regards
Andy

Sorry to hear about this.

Its hardly surprising that society is getting less trusting nowadays. Gone are the days when people could leave anything unlocked.

I would not worry about seeing him again though ... Sounds like a coward to me or he would not have needed to distract you.

I bet your camera has already been sold to fund his drug habit or something.

Great Britain .... RIP

I am very very sorry for this. For your own peace of mind if you can afford it change your locks at your house. I know he didn't get any keys but sometimes you just need to do something to make yourself feel safe when you have been violated in this way. It is very hard to trust your safety anywhere. Could you give us a list of your kit so we can all be vigilant in our look out?

I would recommend checking your credit history for the next 6 months vigilantly as you are absolutely right to be worried abut identity theft. I wish I could do something for you but alas the best I can do is keep you in my prayers.

This is why the wheelbrace for my car lives under the driver's seat instead of lying uselessly in the boot.

Exactly why this type of scum pick on ladies & others they see as vulnerable - its always nice when they pick on the "wrong" victim & get a good hiding (y) (better in the long run than getting caught (?) & having the court system tickle him with a feather)
Paul

This is exactly why I'm apprehensive about Sue going out with the camera on her own.

I'm really sorry to hear about this Carole but at least you, yourself are okay and they didn't hurt you. Equipment, cards and driving licenses can be replaced - you cannot.

Sorry to hear about this, most importantly you were not hurt, hopefully he will not stop you getting out with your new camera and kit, dont let him ruin your enjoyment of photography.

So sorry to hear this, probably not much consolation when you lose soo much but atleast you came to no physical harm, hope all goes well with the insurance, and to be honest I hope hes run over by a truck.

b'stard :thumbsdown:

Really sorry to hear this has happened.

I hope they catch the low life scum.

Sorry to here that you was done over. What will happen to the knob when he gets caught?? Nothing, and all the stress and crap it causes you too.

My ex had a similar thing done.
They beat her home too and robbed the house as she went to the police station.

Back