Lake District WEEKEND Meet - RESPONSES NEEDED

Which weekend would you prefer

• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like that! Soft-focus landscape, it might be the new craze.

Well, when it comes back I have a diffusion filter (anyone remember the 70's?) ready to take my place at the head of the pack. Or perhaps not....

Just got my films back from Peak, now for the lovely task of scanning all the films :D

I drove home through Thirlmere on the Monday and took a couple of frames that I hope have come out nicely, and after spending a couple of hours traipsing around the bottom end of the lake there's some huge potential around there, despite what I was saying to @Woodsy while we were up there :oops: :$

Last edited:
Did you get back on one of the following weekends, Chris? I reckon this coming weekend could be epic for the autumn leaves, unless they're all blown away (still a fair number hanging on down here).

Just got my films back from Peak, now for the lovely task of scanning all the films :D

I drove home through Thirlmere on the Monday and took a couple of frames that I hope have come out nicely, and after spending a couple of hours traipsing around the bottom end of the lake there's some huge potential around there, despite what I was saying to @Woodsy while we were up there :oops: :$

Thing is, while @nikki_s and I were there, there were a lot of shots that just didn't quite make it worth getting the camera out. Not that we explored any where near all of it though, so will gladly head back there in time :)

I'm definitely going to be heading back before too long, I might even just head up on the train with just the one camera instead of taking half the collection like last time.

k'in'ell!

Just looked at the train prices from Southampton to Windermere... £130 return.... EACH!

Cheaper to fly to Germany and go to the Alps I'd imagine.
:eek:

Jings, I got down and back for less than £25 and half of that was clubcard points! I did spent 3 hours in Penrith for that mind...

Then again it is much further away.

Last edited:
k'in'ell!

Just looked at the train prices from Southampton to Windermere... £130 return.... EACH!

Cheaper to fly to Germany and go to the Alps I'd imagine.

Crivvens...... Try it to Penrith then get a bus to Keswick from there, probably a lot cheaper if a bit more faff.

Actually... it isn't, darn it.

I had a play, its the Southampton to Brum thats the really expensive bit BHM to Oxenholm wasn't that bad. Though tbh the lakes is one of those places where not having the car can be very limiting.

Can't you take a push bike with you by train or car....I do it (by car) sometimes where I live and can cover more ground without getting knackered...it's the hills that get me :eek:

The distances are pretty big when you're carting an RB or LF camera plus some of the more interesting bits are over some of the more interesting passes. Plus the roads and many of the drivers are pretty hostile to cyclists. Aren't they @Andysnap @Yv :D

One of the hardest cycling events in the UK (Fred Whitton) takes in all the passes in the lakes in a day, only 180k but nearly 4000m of vertical.

Same price as Reading to Bristol if you're departing during morning rush hour. I'm really glad that I was able to claim those tickets on expenses when I was working in Bristol!

Back