• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all!

Apologies for the late post!

Many thanks to andy and the CMS for a brilliant weekend and thanks to all for making me feel so welcome :)

Looking forward to seeing you all in Bristol and having a play with @Woodsy 's 645... If it works!

2 rolls down 4 to go and 3 5x4 sheets to do as well. Should be finished this weekend.

I'll start a thread in the Photos from film section to pop your favourites in. (y)

Tee hee indeed LOL's

This morning a packet from Peak arrived... 10 minutes before we left for Scotland! I did manage to hold the films up to the window and confirm, yes, the Ektachrome E200 is fantastically magenta, but the Sensia 100 isn't. Looking for ward to scanning them next week. Got a call on the way from Filmdev to say they'd processed the films, and the "contact strips" are downloading now... Excited.

It doesn't matter which way round you watch them, historical accuracy is neither implied not expected. :D

It doesn't matter which way round you watch them, historical accuracy is neither implied not expected. :D
You mean it's not a true story?

Don't you just love it when a box of developed film arrives from Peak :0).

Good news is that the two sheets of Shanghai I shot in the Polaroid have actually delivered two results so I am no longer a LF virgin! Looks like a couple of light leaks though so I need to take a look at the seals I fitted but it could be down to my slightly rough handling of the holders (seemed like a good idea being perched alongside that waterfall for my first ever shot..). I've just inverted them using an iPhone app because I haven't got a scanner at the moment but I'll put them in the photos thread.

Looking at my 4x5 negatives again I can see the light has come in from the top edge which shouldn't be a problem once I've got the top plate fitted because that will completely cover the DDS top and bottom.

Scanning the amazingly magenta Ektachrome E200 film (Vuescan can correct the white balance a bit), and I find I've got a bit confused about the timeline. The day we all went out at dawn was Sunday, not Saturday, is that right? I think on Saturday I must have got a few lakeside shots in the morning before we went off up the valley to look at that waterfall, and then Buttermere, then in to Keswick.:thinking::runaway:

Scanning the amazingly magenta Ektachrome E200 film (Vuescan can correct the white balance a bit), and I find I've got a bit confused about the timeline. The day we all went out at dawn was Sunday, not Saturday, is that right? I think on Saturday I must have got a few lakeside shots in the morning before we went off up the valley to look at that waterfall, and then Buttermere, then in to Keswick.:thinking::runaway:

You went off for a wonder by yourself on Saturday, I only remember because you were ribbing us for still eating breakfast. Sunday was the gaggle of photographers trying to keep out each others way.

Mrs Snap has been , as usual, most helpful.....:thinking:

As you say Chris, Saturday was Moss Force waterfall, Buttermere and then down to Keswick and Derwent Water. Sunday we gathered on the lake to listen to Woodsy have a good swear.:D

Got it, thanks. Makes more sense now. Not helped by the commercial scans all being last first! Plus having 3 cameras on the go. I think I've got them sorted out in my mind now.

Mrs Snap has been , as usual, most helpful.....:thinking:

As you say Chris, Saturday was Moss Force waterfall, Buttermere and then down to Keswick and Derwent Water. Sunday we gathered on the lake to listen to Woodsy have a good swear.:D

That bloody camera!

I'm just kidding around now. I've begun to make my peace with it now. Tried every shutter speed a good few times and it's not failed once. Trust is being earn't, thankfully, as I was very close to buying a replacement body for it.

That bloody camera!

I'm just kidding around now. I've begun to make my peace with it now. Tried every shutter speed a good few times and it's not failed once. Trust is being earn't, thankfully, as I was very close to buying a replacement body for it.
Obviously all that swearing and the gentle tap on the table did the trick.

That bloody camera!

Blood stains can be very difficult to remove from a camera. Well, some cameras. I speak from personal experience.

It sounds as if a good time was had by all.

Well, got my pics back, scanned, uploaded and first pass editing, down to 80 odd! I promise not to upload them all!

But I thought you might like this, which everyone but @Mrs Snap missed, a panorama from the top of Cat Bells, from Maiden Mor (or whatever it is) to the south, the Newlands Valley (that we drove up) in the middle, through to Bassenthwaite Lake in the north. Vista 400 in the Pentax MX with a Vivitar (Komine) 28mm f/2.8 close focus lens, on the monopod, stitched in Elements 9 (easy peasy, that was!)...

And I learnt a few things too (apparently not how to avoid a triple post on TP, nor how to edit other than the first!), and thought perhaps I should share a bit.

First, it's not a great idea to use your hand to shade your SLR lens...

Second, it's not a great idea to use your hand to shade your TLR lens (in this case, I remember thinking, well, if it shows I can always crop that bit off!)

And third... it is NOT a good idea to rush from a cold lakeside back into a warm muggy room to change your film, then straight out again to shoot more in the cold morning:

I need to go on another meet, so I can learn some more! :)

That's a lovely pic from Catbells, Chris. The views from that range are great. I even took a few snaps (digital.....Sorry!) from up there myself!

Yes, I thought the views were stunning... although on a couple of sections i was concentrating hard on my hands and feet and trying NOT to look down!

Very nice indeed Chris, a lovely view and lovely light.

I'm just adding record shots in this thread... on the way to Keswick, I stopped off at Castlerigg stone circle. I almost fell over laughing when I entered the field, and found almost more photographers than stones!

On Saturday when we were at the waterfall, top of Newlands Valley (something Force?), there was a strange effect with a sort-of-black-and-white-rainbow, presumably round the sun, although that was behind the hill. I thought it might be an ice-bow...

Moss Force, I believe.(y)

Back