LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

Some great images there. I would have gone for #3 glass.. its has a mysterious air for me.

Domination
Really like the composition, the pov works well to show dominance.

Glass
It works well for glass. The first shot would be my pick. When I was 15-16yrs old (I think), I did my work experience on that film (my mum was working on the film at the time). We used to have one of the crystal balls at home.
Blimey, did you get to meet the man himself?
Interestingly I thought #1 was the weakest of the three, even though it's flipped to present Jareth the right way up.
Some great images there. I would have gone for #3 glass.. its has a mysterious air for me.
And there's me thinking I'd get moaned at for selective colour ;)

Blimey, did you get to meet the man himself?
Interestingly I thought #1 was the weakest of the three, even though it's flipped to present Jareth the right way
Sadly not, but we did also have the Sir Didymus puppet head at home too.

Love the harsh light on Pennywise, and the pose.

Indigenous - I cannot understand a word of this weird fantasy world, but you have captured a nice colourful shot and will believe it if you say it fits the theme :D

I cannot understand a word of this weird fantasy world,
Have you not read / watched nay Terry Prachett?
"The Watch" was recently on BBC, so is bound to be on iPlayer.

The Disc World is a disc that is carried by four elephants, who stand on the back of a giant turtle that swims through space. Fantasy??? I'm not having that !!!! ;)

Nicely done with Pennywise. I like the way the outside of the hoops makes a heart :)

Another great cosplay image Tim (y)

Free week
She's smiling, but she's scary. You're right, the lighting does suit.

Week 38 - Autumn

Nat's take on Autumn (Poison) Ivy.
Deliberately framed with Nat on what would traditionally be the wrong side of the frame, in order to include the whole of the dress and the green material we had spread on the ground.
Lit with constant light rather than flash (for a change).

Autumn Ivy by Tim White, on Flickr

Ooh that’s different! Interesting you mention which side of frame. I didn’t realise there was a traditional ‘right’ side. I think the tilt of the body points you back into frame nicely. Amazing dress and colours. Has it been made to look wet at the bottom?

Ooh that’s different! Interesting you mention which side of frame. I didn’t realise there was a traditional ‘right’ side. I think the tilt of the body points you back into frame nicely. Amazing dress and colours. Has it been made to look wet at the bottom?
Yes, on reflection, whilst Nat's body is pointing to the nearer side of the frame, she is looking into the space. I think traditionally with that pose you might want to frame centrally? I dunno. it just "felt right" like this.

I don't think it's been made to look wet. I think that's the light fall off and the angle of the leaves.
I will (try to remember to) ask the next time I see Nat - She makes all her cosplays herself so will know for certain.

Fab shot for Autumn :)

Nice shot for autumn I much prefer these than the ones you shoot in halls with all the background clutter

Week 37 - Natural

Does Natural Light = Ambient Light?
Well, I'm going to shoe-horn that it does ;)

Taken using only the ambient light available outside The Ritz (down lights above the windows) on a particularly grotty Saturday afternoon. Colour Temperature adjusted in camera to give a warm late eventing feel.

@sofiakirwanbaez by Tim White, on Flickr

Yes, on reflection, whilst Nat's body is pointing to the nearer side of the frame, she is looking into the space. I think traditionally with that pose you might want to frame centrally? I dunno. it just "felt right" like this.

I don't think it's been made to look wet. I think that's the light fall off and the angle of the leaves.
I will (try to remember to) ask the next time I see Nat - She makes all her cosplays herself so will know for certain.
I think the positioning in frame works really well. It could be the light, but it looks just like it would if you'd wandered through a forest in Autumn, a little damp around the bottom.
What a lot of work making a dress like this. Amazing.

Natural - well I think Natural Light counts, so you can tick yourself off on your spreadsheet :ROFLMAO:

It works just about for natural as long as you can explain your way of thinking it’s fine by me

Reactions: LC2
I think the positioning in frame works really well. It could be the light, but it looks just like it would if you'd wandered through a forest in Autumn, a little damp around the bottom.
What a lot of work making a dress like this. Amazing.

Natural - well I think Natural Light counts, so you can tick yourself off on your spreadsheet :ROFLMAO:
Cheers Bebop. I agree, it does look a little damp at the bottom. I suspect I'll next see Nat at either MCM or London Film & Comic Con, but not sure as she's based in Somerset.
Natural - I'll take that for the tick :)
It works just about for natural as long as you can explain your way of thinking it’s fine by me
I just wonder how to shoe horn in the rest of my missing images.
I was hoping to get one for Door this weekend, but given the rain we barely moved 200 yards between Green Park station & The Ritz, staying under cover the whole time. I may have to resort to the archive if I'm unable to get one next week.

I just wonder how to shoe horn in the rest of my missing images.
I was hoping to get one for Door this weekend, but given the rain we barely moved 200 yards between Green Park station & The Ritz, staying under cover the whole time. I may have to resort to the archive if I'm unable to get one next week.
Take a picture indoors of a door? Cupboard door? Lensbaby? I confess I nipped into my garden between showers today (rain showers that is - not getting OCD about personal hygiene :ROFLMAO: )

Well, I'm going to shoe-horn that it does ;)
Ok Ok you take this weeks shoe horn award I can't match that :p

Nat's take on Autumn (Poison) Ivy.
I like the positioning too, as she is looking slightly right of frame, she has something to look in to (y)

Autumn
Nice shot of Nat in her cosplay costume, Being my brain is wired back to to front as apposed to normal folk the side she is on looks ok to to me.

Natural
A nice shot but to me looks a bit too tight on the crop.

Pete

Half? :LOL:
nice shoehorn Tim (y)

"Week 8" thats funny on its own

nice picture of the kids though. Works for the theme for me.

I was going to say Spiderman on the left looks like he has all the moves but its not Spiderman is it?

Half? :LOL:
nice shoehorn Tim (y)
Shoehorn Moi? :)
"Week 8" thats funny on its own

nice picture of the kids though. Works for the theme for me.

I was going to say Spiderman on the left looks like he has all the moves but its not Spiderman is it?
Camera Left is Wade Wilson aka Deadpool (X-men (sort of))
Camera Right is Tony Stark aka Iron Man (Avengers)

I really like how you've captured pennywise the use of lighting works really well. All your other pictures are great too, looks like Deadpool and Iron Man are ready to save the world again!

Love that hat (y)

Totally Bonkers - I love it :D

Back