LC2's 52 Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam Challenge for 2021 : Week 39 - Door

Week 26 - Looking Down

As @minx will atest, this was not an easy shot for me as I *really* don't like heights.
Looking down off of the walkway atop Richmond Lock & Weir.
I liked the work that had gone into the architecture making it something nice to look at whereas these days it would just be a slab of concrete.

TP 522 for 2021 : Week 26 - Looking Down by Tim White, on Flickr

Nice take on plants and a good catch up on the others particularly like your green take, a nice portrait

I love the pictures of the ladies, both Plants and Green, they are very photogenic.

Looking Down: Can't keep my eyes from straying to the greenish beam on the left I'm afraid. Would have preferred a close-up of the right-hand arch only.

Great catch up Tim, nice shoe horns with the cos-play,
particularly poison ivy (y)

Nice take on plants and a good catch up on the others particularly like your green take, a nice portrait
Thanks Allan. I particularly liked Green too. Kasia is one of the easier models to take great shots of.
I love the pictures of the ladies, both Plants and Green, they are very photogenic.

Looking Down: Can't keep my eyes from straying to the greenish beam on the left I'm afraid. Would have preferred a close-up of the right-hand arch only.
The great thing about model & cosplay shoots are that the subjects generally love getting their photos taken, and some of them even know how to pose !
I had a 24-70 on the camera for the Looking Down shot and to be honest I was surprised I even managed to take a photo, let alone changing lenses whilst up high *shudder*.
Great catch up Tim, nice shoe horns with the cos-play,
particularly poison ivy (y)
Cheers Chris. More shoe-horns to come :)

Week 19 - Toy

Those of you who have played Five Nights at Freddy's will recognise Heather's cosplay as
Toy Bonnie
And I'm going to share my Instagram version of the shot (because why not).

The rest of you will just think I'm shoe horning in more Cosplay photography
This was taken at CapCon in Ipswich last weekend and saves me from shooting lego again.

Toy Bonnie - Five Nights at Freddys by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
As usual I have no idea who these people say they are but I will take your word for it

Isn't that a given?
:D
Yes, pretty much :ROFLMAO:
I shoot Lego and also Star Wars Action Figures too when I get bore.
It was tempting, but I do prefer people shots.
As usual I have no idea who these people say they are but I will take your word for it
Google "Toy Bonnie" images. She's actually a really good representation (but then again, Heather always does do a good cosplay).

Snappers choice
I quite like the concept, it's a tiny bit too bright for me, but only a tiny bit.

Personal
It's a good combination of colours.

Snappers choice
I quite like the concept, it's a tiny bit too bright for me, but only a tiny bit.

Personal
It's a good combination of colours.
Ah, but bright was the point. Kinda High Key really.
Love your Snapper's Choice shot.

Ironically, I think the personal one pales in comparison to it.
Personal was a PABD really. I'm trying to catch back up.
Snappers was far better imo :)

Personal - had me looking hard at it as at first I thought it was something much larger - a bit like those photos on Ask The Family (if anyone remembers that quiz show). Well maybe not quite so close up (and personal)

I like the high key snapper's choice. Just enough detail there to see what it is.

Nice high key image not keen on the frame though, I find it distracting....probably just me though

Plants
You certainly manage to photograph some interesting characters. Was this a grab shot or planned, might benefit from a step to the left so move the redhead away from the pillar

Snappers Choice
Nice high key with just the right amount of detail. I was trying to count the number of feet zooming in on the image on Flickr.

Personal
Nice "Sennheiser" buds (assuming i worked out the logo). Did you try different permutations of the cabling?

Personal - had me looking hard at it as at first I thought it was something much larger - a bit like those photos on Ask The Family (if anyone remembers that quiz show). Well maybe not quite so close up (and personal)

I like the high key snapper's choice. Just enough detail there to see what it is.
Nice high key image not keen on the frame though, I find it distracting....probably just me though
The frame is to allow the image to be used at full length on Instagram.
Plants
You certainly manage to photograph some interesting characters. Was this a grab shot or planned, might benefit from a step to the left so move the redhead away from the pillar

Snappers Choice
Nice high key with just the right amount of detail. I was trying to count the number of feet zooming in on the image on Flickr.

Personal
Nice "Sennheiser" buds (assuming i worked out the logo). Did you try different permutations of the cabling?
Plants - Not really a lot of space in the corner. Not a complete grab shot, but no opportunity to move them elsewhere either (and it was raining)
Snappers - 4 feet in total, but I don't think you can see them all from that angle.
Personal - Yup Sennheiser buds. It was really just a catch-up PABD.

Heh. Like it. Very orange :)

Faux fur is good too :)

Nice kitty :)

Artificial
I find the circular metalwork at the left hand side jarring, covering it with my hand made me appreciate the image more. I'm presuming it was a conscious decision to have it part of the composition

Green
Great eye contact with the green hair contrasting with the main red colours, I might have wanted to see the full hat, although depending on its size it would make the model small in the image

Fur
I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley. I notice the ceiling lighting which distracts a bit, great vibrant colours though.

Hands
Nice lighting, the image seems unbalanced with the different gaps from the sides to the circle, although the offset does make me focus more on the model so maybe that was the intention.

I was trying out a new light / lighting approach (at conventions).
It has certainly improved where I'm placing the light.
I did wonder if you’d placed the light or placed the model. It certainly works.

Hands - I like the hard lighting- all looks very space age. I’m curious about the background - was it just a backdrop? I think a little less light on that would be nice, but I know it’s easier said than done ha ha!

Fur and hand(s)
I think both are good shots. They really do go all out with they're costumes.

Artificial
I find the circular metalwork at the left hand side jarring, covering it with my hand made me appreciate the image more. I'm presuming it was a conscious decision to have it part of the composition

Green
Great eye contact with the green hair contrasting with the main red colours, I might have wanted to see the full hat, although depending on its size it would make the model small in the image

Fur
I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley. I notice the ceiling lighting which distracts a bit, great vibrant colours though.

Hands
Nice lighting, the image seems unbalanced with the different gaps from the sides to the circle, although the offset does make me focus more on the model so maybe that was the intention.
Artificial - yes, it was a conscious decision. I was looking for fore,mid, and distant in the shot, so kept the fencing in (it's to stop you getting onto the weir)
Green - Again, a deliberate composition cropping out the top of the hat - you should see some of the hats that Pierre comes out with, they are huge.
Fur - Understand where you're coming from on this, but I was happy to leave them in as it gives some context to what otherwise could be a black background.
Hands - Spot on, I wanted the Deadpool symbol exactly there so that it worked well with Amy. I don't see the need for symmetry on shots like this :)
I did wonder if you’d placed the light or placed the model. It certainly works.

Hands - I like the hard lighting- all looks very space age. I’m curious about the background - was it just a backdrop? I think a little less light on that would be nice, but I know it’s easier said than done ha ha!
Yup, the light was placed there (but I am still learning with that light).
Hands - The Deadpool symbol behind Amy is actually a transparent png I could have dialed it down, but I felt that the shine from it fitted well with the lighting on Amy's face.
Fur and hand(s)
I think both are good shots. They really do go all out with they're costumes.
Some do, some don't. It's all about having fun really.

Week 29 - Domination

This was one of a few shots I took with this theme in mind, utilising perspective to give Becky a dominating pose in the shot (she's actually about 5').
IIRC, I underexposed the shot to ensure I had something to work on in the sky, as I wanted a moody image, and I think it works well.
Some won't like the framing - It's done for Instagram so that I didn't have to use 4x5 which would have wrecked the effect.

Polaris - XMen by Tim White, on Flickr

Week 34 - Glass

Shots from the archive that I feel fits the theme nicely.
@smallperson_cosplay is a fantastic cosplayer who I've had the pleasure of shooting with on a number of occasions over the years.

I'm sure most of you will recognise Jareth from Labyrinth.
For part of the shoot we played with the crystal (glass) ball.

I may have gone with #3 but the fact you can see my light in it puts me off. Similarly #1 has that issue, although is more focused on the glass.
So ultimately #2 is my choice for the theme.

Jareth - Labyrinth by Tim White, on Flickr

Yes, I agree about the lights showing in 1 and 3, especially 1; shame, because I liked 3 the most for composition and effect.

Love it... and one of my fave films :)

Like the pp in domination and any of the other 3 are fine with me, the light doesn’t bother me at all.

Domination
Really like the composition, the pov works well to show dominance.

Glass
It works well for glass. The first shot would be my pick. When I was 15-16yrs old (I think), I did my work experience on that film (my mum was working on the film at the time). We used to have one of the crystal balls at home.

Back