weekly Leebert's 52 for 21. A somewhat half baked attempt to get the camera out...

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I lost my photographic mojo quite a lot during the lockdown. Having recently obtained a 33 year old Praktica BX20 SLR (note, no 'D') has relit the flame. Let's see what happens this year...

Some, all or none may actually even involve film (which I hope to develop myself)!

Week 4 - Tall.

St Brides Church in Fleet Street. Apparently, the design of the upper part is the origin to the traditional wedding cake style. Built by Sir Christopher Wren in 1672 and was opened in 1674 although the steeple was not completed until 1703.

A re edit of a shot taken in July 2019.

TP52 2021. Week 4 - Tall
by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Good luck with this Lee. I've found it really helpful to kickstart my photography too. Also get a ton of inspiration from the other photographers doing it.

Thank you both.

Continuing the catch up...

Week 5 - Snapper's Choice. Rework of an existing image.

TP52 2021. Week 5 - Snapper's Choice.

Week 6 - Pair

TP52 2021. Week 6 - Pair

Week 7 - Depict a film. Edit of an archive shot.

TP52 2021. Week 7 - Depict a film

Week 8 - Half

TP52 2021. Week 8 - Half

Week 9 - Reflection

TP52 2021. Week 9 - Reflection

Week 10 - Rough

TP52 2021. Week 10 - Rough

Week 11 - Smooth

TP52 2021. Week 11 - Smooth

Really like half, and also what you did with Reflection very very clever.

That's a quick catchup!

Brilliant catch up Lee.
Dirty for me also.

As they aren't all on the front page, you may not get "tick" for each one.
That's why I have tagged @LC2 & @minx (y)

Hi Lee,

Dirty is cool, capturing the motion, and Tall is a shot I've taken before (it's impossible to straighten isn't it !!!!)
Pair is also a potential, because pistons :)
but my fav of the bunch is actually Rock/Stone - I think because of the texture / detail / contrast in the shot.

Amazing catch up love your reflection shot. I really like how the green tint works with the plants and leaves

Playing challenge comment catchup!!

Fruit
The star of the show is the one on the right, I would give it more prominence. Possibly remove one of the two similar one to get an odd number

Dirty
This is a fantastic image that fits the theme perfectly, I would consider though a tighter crop that removes the figure.

Rock/Stone
Not sure about its suitability but it's a well composed image with nice contrast

Tall
Can definitely see the wedding cake design. Your POV works well for it reaching up into the sky

Snappers Choice
It's a bird on a stick!! I've still to see one of these in the wild and always jealous of other who manage it. Sharp in all the right places.

Pair
I'm assuming a set of pistons but could be wrong. The processing works well and helps show the finer details

Film title
Well captured image with the creamy DOF blur that accentuates the foreground

Half
I might have been tempted to remove the stalk as it unbalances the image a bit

Reflection
Very tight crop, I think it could have a slighter wider space around without losing its overall appeal

Rough
As a staged shot I might have been inclined to go with a grittier background. Nice details on the screws though.

Smooth
It certainly looks smooth, a bit difficult to see the contrast between the object and the background in parts

Catch up
What a great catch up, there's not a bad shot there. My particular favourites are fruit and rock/stone.

Hi Lee,

Dirty is cool, capturing the motion, and Tall is a shot I've taken before (it's impossible to straighten isn't it !!!!)
Pair is also a potential, because pistons :)
but my fav of the bunch is actually Rock/Stone - I think because of the texture / detail / contrast in the shot.
Thank you Tim.

Amazing catch up love your reflection shot. I really like how the green tint works with the plants and leaves
Thanks Roxanne.

Playing challenge comment catchup!!

Fruit
The star of the show is the one on the right, I would give it more prominence. Possibly remove one of the two similar one to get an odd number

Dirty
This is a fantastic image that fits the theme perfectly, I would consider though a tighter crop that removes the figure.

Rock/Stone
Not sure about its suitability but it's a well composed image with nice contrast

Tall
Can definitely see the wedding cake design. Your POV works well for it reaching up into the sky

Snappers Choice
It's a bird on a stick!! I've still to see one of these in the wild and always jealous of other who manage it. Sharp in all the right places.

Pair
I'm assuming a set of pistons but could be wrong. The processing works well and helps show the finer details

Film title
Well captured image with the creamy DOF blur that accentuates the foreground

Half
I might have been tempted to remove the stalk as it unbalances the image a bit

Reflection
Very tight crop, I think it could have a slighter wider space around without losing its overall appeal

Rough
As a staged shot I might have been inclined to go with a grittier background. Nice details on the screws though.

Smooth
It certainly looks smooth, a bit difficult to see the contrast between the object and the background in parts
Many thanks Stuart for the comment catch up.

Hi Lee, good to see you here, I’ve hopped back in this year after a break, well done with your catch up, you’re brave to start three months in, I hope you last the course and enjoy the challenge.
Many thanks Susie.

Catch up
What a great catch up, there's not a bad shot there. My particular favourites are fruit and rock/stone.
Thanks very much Dominic.

Good job catching up! Good images too. Love the Kingfisher and long tailed tits.
Thanks for looking and commenting Catherine.

Excellent catch up and all good for the relative themes, particularly like the kingfisher the PP is very nice nice muted colours

Back