Lets see your best... reflections!

Wow, some absolutely incredible shots in here.
Here are a couple of mine. The first was with my phone because the best camera is the one you have with you...

ezjlyW.jpg

And this one was just there when I turned my camera on to check my settings before I went out.

QnPIOC.jpg

to gain absolute mirror effect try to get the image the same both sides of the separation zone
not easy or possible on every reflection shot but on this i think it would be an asset
cheers
geof

Thanks for the comment Geoff.

I presume you mean so the crop is identical top and bottom and the lighting the same across the whole area?

The crop I can do easily enough but the lighting would be trickier (for me anyway!). It wasn't taken to be a mirrored image and was cropped down afterwards for this thread as the reflection came out well.

Thanks for the comment Geoff.

I presume you mean so the crop is identical top and bottom and the lighting the same across the whole area?

The crop I can do easily enough but the lighting would be trickier (for me anyway!). It wasn't taken to be a mirrored image and was cropped down afterwards for this thread as the reflection came out well.

there is nothing wrong with that shot!!
when we come on to do some cc sometimes we overlook the obvious and charge in with banal comments
yes identical top and bottom..lighting as it is
that would be a mirror image type shot..
i think i am wrong here so apologies...not all that is reflected is mirror
:D
good thread this though..and open to pp where you join one shot flipped with its original
which is mirror...but not reflection..for phun
cheers
geof

there is nothing wrong with that shot!!
when we come on to do some cc sometimes we overlook the obvious and charge in with banal comments

Not a problem Geoff. Perhaps if I'd included a bit of info about the image it would have been clearer.

It was a 20 second exposure light-painted with a torch. I was trying to capture the reflection within a bigger shot of the mine. For the purposes of this thread I cropped it to the reflection but felt it looked better with a bit more of the furthest wall.

Not a problem Geoff. Perhaps if I'd included a bit of info about the image it would have been clearer.

It was a 20 second exposure light-painted with a torch. I was trying to capture the reflection within a bigger shot of the mine. For the purposes of this thread I cropped it to the reflection but felt it looked better with a bit more of the furthest wall.

Whoa..haven't tried that for ages
Did you use a hand held flashlight
Cheers GEOF

Whoa..haven't tried that for ages
Did you use a hand held flashlight
Cheers GEOF

Led Lenser M7R I think. Unlike cheaper ones the light colour is quite white and consistent.

(and apologies for consistently giving you an extra 'f')

This is about as good as it gets for a pattern reflection,,,i don't like to use mirror as it has nothing to do with abstract. It looks peeled over because of the clouds off distance wise. Fine work from my point of view, it just dosen't matter other then you have to stop and stare. Cool Bosun 8

I have one of those heavy dark NDs, never used it tho. Here is the very last reflection I have taken, time to get out and find some water. The colors in the river bed are minerals.
IMG_0585.JPG
Thanks for dropping by.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning with reflections in my eyes,,,quite a collection. I really like Old Man of Storr. Thanks for sharing so many beautiful and stunning reflections , Stephen.

Back