B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

That's a cracker ElmerFudd - which canal is that?

It's lovely, shame about the horizontal phone/power cables, maybe clone them out, I think the pole could stay in as it isnt too distracting.

Matt

It's lovely, shame about the horizontal phone/power cables, maybe clone them out, I think the pole could stay in as it isnt too distracting.

Matt

I think that all adds to the 'industrial' look - for me anyway

I love the PP and the frame really makes it stand out. I like the boat under the bridge too - well spotted. Superb

I think the overriding feature is the way the smoke has been captured from the boats. Very good, adds a story

Sorry don't like the processing. Old mini looks special, perhaps the composition could be improved by walking to the left to get more of the fronts of both in?

Sorry don't like the processing. Old mini looks special, perhaps the composition could be improved by walking to the left to get more of the fronts of both in?

I've got a few form this shoot this the only one in B&W at the moment.

The classic is a little bit special its a 1999 Rover Cooper converted by Downton to be a Downton Sport Touring from new it's got a 90 bhp (feel the power :LOL:) conversion including stage 3 hear 5 speed box one of 1 converted to celebrate the Mini's 40th anniversary I've owned it from new! (My brother has a Sport 40 this cars sister car) the new one is a JCW Clubman which is also a little bit special

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that all adds to the 'industrial' look - for me anyway

And you're entitled to your opinion :)

The image looks like it's from a bygone era, especially with all the smoke coming out of the barges, so for me there shouldnt be any power cables in the image, if I view the image without the power cables, by sliding on my monitor, it moves my eye level down a tad and makes me concentrate on the boats etc.
So those 2 reasons were why I suggested the edit and what I would do if I was clever enough to have got that shot in the first place, which whatever way you look at it is very very good.

So those 2 reasons were why I suggested the edit and what I would do if I was clever enough to have got that shot in the first place, which whatever way you look at it is very very good.

Mat, thanks for your input and the compliment on the image. I did consider taking out / cropping out the power lines, and looking at it again now, think I probably should. :)

Just a simple close up Snapograph taken outside Horse Guards in Whitehall London UK of part a Lifeguard on duty showing just part of his boot & stirrup.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
On Parade (2)-8003 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

A couple from a wreck fishing trip out to the middle of the Channel.

boatsunstar.bw.web.jpg

boats.sunburst.bw.web.jpg

We lost an engine on the way home and had to limp back, 28 miles, at 7 knots, hence we got back to port after dark, the trawler was coming in astern of us and I just saw the possibility. Even with the ISO wound right up to 6400 the shutter was down to 1/30th, handheld from the deck of the boat at 140mm end of the 55-140 on the XT2.

DSCF0326.bw.web.jpg

Back