B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

That's a very nice moody shot Paul, good composition and a very nice B&W conversion. It's also well suited to the portrait format.(y)

George.

Two images that I feel share a common characteristic - they are inherently graphically strong, but also have acquired a cartoony aspect from their processing being over-egged. Dave, I find yours worse than Pauls in this respect, and I'm sorry about that.

I know that how we receive images is subjective to a degree, but I wouldn't like to have either of these on my wall. But at least neither of them is boring!

Used a preset from Nik Silver Efex Pro for this shot of the graveyard in Pant, Merthyr Tydfil. Taken on the X-E1:

21090175209_cf161e70cb_z.jpg

Experiments with the old legacy lens continue...
Leytonstone Overground station
London, UK
September 2015

Sony A6000 + Idustar 50-2
Leytonstone Overground by kalpachev1, on Flickr

Not bad for such an old lens, with a somewhat dodgy reputation, IIRC. Must have been a Tuesday lens. :) Touch of oddness around the high contrast areas of the sign on the left, was that in reality, in the original image, or im PP?

Not bad for such an old lens, with a somewhat dodgy reputation, IIRC. Must have been a Tuesday lens. :) Touch of oddness around the high contrast areas of the sign on the left, was that in reality, in the original image, or im PP?

Thank you.
I was surprised what this small lens can achieve.
and I have a lot to learn - almost no experience with the manual lens.
The oddness that you can see around the left is by the pp - it is completely my fault, as I was lazy and processed in Lightroom and then in Silver efex pro.

Back