B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

railway.jpg

^^^^^^
Really liking this.
Converging lines from all 4 sides.
Hope you had eyes in the back of your head too.

Blimey, cracking stuff on here. I am new, but thought I would plop a few up on some of the threads. I do like to shoot with B&W in mind sometimes, so I will share a couple...
Model, Cut Price.JPG Model, Cut Price. Dragged my daughter out to some derelict scenery, and it only cost me a bag of chips and a savaloy.
Queens House, Greenwich..JPG The Queens House, Greenwich. Joined a camera club mid season, and entered this in one of my first print comps. It got a good score and went on to get me a 3rd place in the clubs print of the year awards. Proper chuffed to say the least.
And finally,
Sub Urban Landscape.JPG Sub Urban Landscape. Taken under the Southbank centre. This is an image that a lot of my friends liked, and one liked it so much that she (an interior designer!!) asked if she could print it to hang in her new house.

Some awesome shots on this thread! @mickledore great shot & just down the road from me - shouldn't be too long before it's lit up again, hopefully the downlighting they're fitting won't be red & blue but am looking forward to finding out.

Here's another of mine:

Tranquility by Michael Garton, on Flickr

I was on the North Anglesey coast earlier this week and nipped over to the harbour at Amlwch. It was one of my father's favourite places to visit, being a keen fisherman and fishing boat owner. He'd park his car on this spot and happily stay for an hour or two, watching the boats coming and going.

Amlwch Harbour
by Box with a button, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's a very nice shot Steve, well suited to B&W. Looks even better on Flickr.(y)

George.

Hi there!
First time for me to post pics on a forum, so here a sample to introduce myself.

album-72157640667317654

album-72157639641862666

Back