B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Toady, its a wall leading out to the horizon...looks like a pyramid now im staring at it...hmm.

i thought as much....did you think of using more dof...or were you at maximum
being very old and a stick in the mud i look for things in a shot which detract...like the blurry wall and others mainly in colour shots...bright things near the edges, signs which arent necessary to the shot, and the occasional toad...which isnt necessary at all...:D
i'm from scotland...what aboot you?

Hi Gareth and welcome
as for my friend above's shot my only crit here is the out of focus bar bang in the middle and a bit of branch....are they deliberate which would be ok for me if they were more in focus...???
what do you think?
cheers
geof

Hi Gareth and welcome
as for my friend above's shot my only crit here is the out of focus bar bang in the middle and a bit of branch....are they deliberate which would be ok for me if they were more in focus...???
what do you think?
cheers
geof

Hi Geof

Thanks for your comments! It was deliberate, to create a sense of depth. I could only get this shot through the fence, and wanted to isolate the statute as much as I could with the relatively slow lens I had at the time. but you are right - the bar placement in the centre of the frame isn't ideal, but I still wanted the shot. :)

Last edited:
Hi Geof

Thanks for your comments! It was deliberate, to create a sense of depth. I could only get this shot through the fence, and wanted to isolate the statute as much as I could with the relatively slow lens I had at the time. but you are right - the bar placement in the centre of the frame isn't ideal, but I still wanted the shot. :)

he who clicks wins...he who hesitates just does critiques
:)

b56c60844c7d5a8bea450622ff062c1c

https://500px.com/photo/171525281/reflections-by-ash

Back