B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

i do like the impact of the shark and lights Rob but
i wonder why you have put all the darkness on...do you ever crop your shots
ps i think your upload size is greater than 800 longest side

If you look very carefully, there's a fish hiding in the shadows toward the bottom. ;)

Actually, I like the drama of a lot of dark space below. It was a positive choice to emphasise the low viewpoint and depth of water; makes you raise your eyes and look upward.

The image posted is 1024 x 732, same as any of my other posts. The max size for posting to the forum was increased from 800 px several years ago, before we moved from vBulletin to XenForo. I think the thread discussing the proposal to change it got culled in the move.

The most recent post from a Staff member confirming 1024px I can find is from May 2016

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/how-do-i-upload-photos.623785/#post-7389538

cheers

Rob

like the shot Dave and the juxtaposition angle..just enough space on the rhs to keep the boats from falling over....
what i am not getting is that although your shot is 800 x800 it is bigger than my screen....which is not your fault
i put the F11 key on and it just fills my screen....
i have been pointing out to people that i thought their shots were too big....and now discover i was wrong
will put on one of my shots...800x800 to see

If you look very carefully, there's a fish hiding in the shadows toward the bottom. ;)

Actually, I like the drama of a lot of dark space below. It was a positive choice to emphasise the low viewpoint and depth of water; makes you raise your eyes and look upward.

The image posted is 1024 x 732, same as any of my other posts. The max size for posting to the forum was increased from 800 px several years ago, before we moved from vBulletin to XenForo. I think the thread discussing the proposal to change it got culled in the move.

The most recent post from a Staff member confirming 1024px I can find is from May 2016

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/how-do-i-upload-photos.623785/#post-7389538

cheers

Rob

ah yes the blowhard fish..:D
i dont really care what size you post but if they arent 800 max they wont appear on my screen....and its my party!!

why is 800 not 'good' enough now....i wonder....
i will stick to it so my sharpening artifacts wont show
;D

Last edited:
I've dismissed this thread for years as it had so many pages then the other night I opened it and I've been hooked ever since.

I love Black and White and used to love printing them in the darkroom at college, I wanted to process them for exhibitions when I grew up back then.

So...some of you will be getting 'likes' from pictures you posted years ago. I'm up to page 20 so far.

I've dismissed this thread for years as it had so many pages then the other night I opened it and I've been hooked ever since.

I love Black and White and used to love printing them in the darkroom at college, I wanted to process them for exhibitions when I grew up back then.

So...some of you will be getting 'likes' from pictures you posted years ago. I'm up to page 20 so far.

thats my bag as well...any old crap will convert...believe me..:D

159bfc966d8c0bcf3b60367a11213261

https://500px.com/photo/172785533/on-the-cobb-by-ash

Brentwood 04.jpg
OM-2n + 75-150mm f4 Zuiko Zoom @ f4 . 02/2007 outdated Fuji Acros film processed in Home-made Microphen formula.

Back