Let's talk about stuff

hmmm....fry up, now there's an idea.

I've got over 200 shots from the Grand Military Gold cup at Sandown park to process today. G-Damn it!

You'll certainly need a fry up then to keep your energy levels up! Wouldn't want you collapsing with sheer exhaustion half way through :LOL:

200 keepers or 200 to sift through?

I think Grendel means the same as I do, meaning real coffee from a cafitiere, or filter machine, instead of instant. Which is exactly where I'm off now. I need coffee. (Hungover again :()

i know that ;) just messin

what kind do you like - the aribica is nice or the columbian

I'm drinking Brazillian, and that's nice. Although I generally prefer the African coffees.

Just contemplating a couple of rounds of toast with Marmite & Philadelphia actually :love:

Promised myself that I would tidy the garden up today to get it ready for the spring but not sure if I can be arsed tbh lol. Today has that lazy Sunday feel about it :)

I'm Rob and I like to upset people...nothing cheers me up more than telling someone their lovely photo of a dog in a party hat is utter carp, or that the saggy hooker lit by direct flash in a grotty alleyway isn't even remotely 'glamorous'...

That being said I have to confess that I barely even take photos for my own enjoyment these days, being more interested in my cars...hopefully my next trip to Afghanistan will cheer me up a bit - my recent excursion to Iraq was a waste of time...photographically speaking...though I did get to meet Obama and shake his hand, which cheered me up immeasurably...

I think that Real Men drive Fords and that's why GM/Opel/Vauxhall are about to go bust and why Ford is almost the only car manufacturer in the World not asking for a multi-billion dollar/pound/euro handout from the Government...

I'm not cuddly....

It's time I should be stuck into revision already.....but I'm not, obviously.......hmmmmm

:wave: Hi Salma :) How's things?

HI Grendel, things are faaantastic just getting on with photography really. How about you? What have you been upto?

:) Nothing too exciting. Been loving the sunshine the las few days, nice weather always puts me in a good mood :) I'm really struggling to come up with a photo for this month's competition theme :thinking:

Yeah it's been great out there.. quite chilly today though.. thank God spring is here i'm lovin' it ;)

What theme for what?

Yeah me too! I think we're owed a decent summer after the last two :)

I'm struggling to come up with my entry for round 3 of the TP Photographer of the Year

Ah awesome.. I don't think i'll participate lol! Not good enough yet!

Do something unique... ;)

Not good enough? :eek: What nonsense lol, your photography is fantastic! You're style is perfect for an entry for this month's theme ;)

I think I have good ideas there are a few problems though. My focus is always so bad, i wish i knew how to make images sharp.

Yeah you've said about this before. If I can be honest with you, I think you're very critical of your own work. With some of your macro shots it would be impossible to get the whole shot sharp due to the DOF (thinking about your water droplets). IMO I don't think your focus is bad, you just need to accept the limitations of DOF. Some of your portraits show real talent :)

I love no2 & 4 from this set, and there's some lovely work on your new web site :)

Awww thanks Grendel, I don't know.. I could really do with some C&C i just don't get enough of it.

I'm always nervous of giving c&c on portraits as it's an area of photography that I consider myself rubbish at :(. What I like about your work though is it's always so full of colour and life, if that doesn't sound silly :shrug: These are rather lovely too :)

Last edited:
I'm always nervous of giving c&c on portraits as it's an area of photography that I consider myself rubbish at :(. What I like about your work though is it's always so full of colour and life, if that doesn't sound silly :shrug: These are rather lovely too :)

I use the hue/sat option in photoshop to make them stand out.. I must say though I love my camera it's fantastic without it the colours wouldn't be so vibrant. I just wish i could have focus on a whole image rather than a certain part if you know what i mean!

do you always shoot at low f stops? Have you tried stopping up to around f11 to get more of the shot in focus?

I've sent you a pm :)

Oh I don't know!

I'm Myky - I've won a couple of prizes for my pix, which has given me the impression that photography is something I should pursue.

I'm a keen user of both in-camera and photoshop, and my main influences are graphic novels and film noir.

I'm currently looking for a writer to collaborate with in order to do some illustrations, and I would love to do photography full time.

I take it quite seriously, though take relatively little actually seriously, and am not very good at observing, obeying, or caring about rules, as I think a good image is a good image, and know that all opinions are just that - opinions.

Oh I don't know!

I'm Myky - I've won a couple of prizes for my pix, which has given me the impression that photography is something I should pursue.

I'm a keen user of both in-camera and photoshop, and my main influences are graphic novels and film noir.

I'm currently looking for a writer to collaborate with in order to do some illustrations, and I would love to do photography full time.

I take it quite seriously, though take relatively little actually seriously, and am not very good at observing, obeying, or caring about rules, as I think a good image is a good image, and know that all opinions are just that - opinions.
Thanks for taking out the time to post in my thread :)

Got a gallery? ;)

hey xSitara how's things?

quick catch up - I passed my latest Microsoft exam last week and I just made a couple new blog posts today, that's all folks! :D

hey xSitara how's things?

quick catch up - I passed my latest Microsoft exam last week and I just made a couple new blog posts today, that's all folks! :D

Things are good thankyou. How are you? Any new photos?
Congrats :D

No new photos - you'd see em in your contacts section on flickr if there are any :)

I'm doing ok thanks :)

What have you been upto? must admit haven't logged into flickr for a while

Hullo, I'm Will and I like taking photos. All sorts of photos really - I suppose it's fairer to say that I like doing things and going places and taking my camera with me, the photos kinda take themselves!
I never take my camera everywhere with me, although I want to but it's weird I hardly go anywhere exciting only shopping centers and boring industrial areas :(

Gallery? :D
No new photos - you'd see em in your contacts section on flickr if there are any :)

I'm doing ok thanks :)

What have you been upto? must admit haven't logged into flickr for a while
Ah yes ofcourse :)

That's good to hear, where have you been I haven't seen you around on TP lately.. I've just been taking random photos that's it really and making my website lol!
Well thanks for taking an interest! I have a Flickr account - there's a whole set dedicated to Graphic Novels & Film Noir:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myky-d/

I'll be interested to read what you think!
I will definitely check that out :)

Hiya:wave:

I am Zoe. Started Photography last month. Used to do modelling but prefer being behind the camera rather infront of it:D

Hows u today (y)

I saw a photo, you're quite the hotty lol!

Wow that's pretty cool I started in January haven't been in the scene that long either.

I'm alright thanks, I have a loada house work to do but i'm addicted to TP :p

xSitara™;1416128 said:
I saw a photo, you're quite the hotty lol!

Wow that's pretty cool I started in January haven't been in the scene that long either.

I'm alright thanks, I have a loada house work to do but i'm addicted to TP :p

lol:LOL: thanks. you too;)

Yeah same here bloody house is like a bomb site. either on here or out with camera.:LOL:

my kids are like mum where my breakfast am like shhhhh. in a min. in a min:D

Back