Lightning!

Yes it is- I just hand held the camera and took loads of 5ish second exposures in bulb mode and hoped for the best! Better on a tripod but I didn't have time!

Ah, the joys of digital cameras? My first attempt at lightning was many moons ago on my honeymoon in Cuba with a film EOS 300. I got a shot, but it took a while roll of film, processing costs and 3 weeks until I discovered what I'd got!

@stevetiler dont have a clear view of anything from indoors, windows dont open completely to be able to get a shot of the sky, trees, fences, houses in the way - not worth the effort until a decent view can be had! hate living in my flat!

Ah, the joys of digital cameras? My first attempt at lightning was many moons ago on my honeymoon in Cuba with a film EOS 300. I got a shot, but it took a while roll of film, processing costs and 3 weeks until I discovered what I'd got!

Sounds like hard work! More skill involved then I guess

@stevetiler dont have a clear view of anything from indoors, windows dont open completely to be able to get a shot of the sky, trees, fences, houses in the way - not worth the effort until a decent view can be had! hate living in my flat!

One day eh??

Well I like it and I'd be very pleased with it if I got it :)

Thanks Andy-means a lot!

Always wanted to do lightning - especially cliche ones over the sea. Time to make time.

Your shot looks great. I'd be well chuffed if I managed one like that.

It's a belting shot.
How do you keep the camera so still hand held for five seconds?
Those trees shouldn't be that sharp! :eek:

How do you keep the camera so still hand held for five seconds?
Those trees shouldn't be that sharp! :eek:

If it's really dark, it won't matter too much, the Lightning itself will act like a flash to freeze the scene. (I think)

If it's really dark, it won't matter too much, the Lightning itself will act like a flash to freeze the scene. (I think)

Worth remembering, thanks :)

Back