Lightroom 3 Launched

Does his primary school do BTECs or higher?

I know that was the rule for CS from Adobe 18 months ago. ie further education establishment offering degrees or qualifications ... blah blah... equiv BTEC..... blah something..... ISH :)

Not sure it states this in the conditions

"• Primary and secondary school students – students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction;"

Not sure it states this in the conditions

"• Primary and secondary school students – students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction;"

Brilliant, sounds like they've changed the rules :)

Brilliant, sounds like they've changed the rules :)

Trying to get them while they are young. To be honest a good idea. Sebastian loves photography. Started on the Kiddizoom and now on the Fuji, another year he will be on my 40D :eek:

Just glad he's not got the strength to use the D700

Wow, impressed so far. Like the grain and some of the new presets, and the images seem a lot sharper too! Faster than LR2 imo.

Talking of lens profiles does anyone know how to set it up to apply them automatically on import as it has them for most of my lenses.

That would be useful but as far as I can see you have to do it manually.

It doesn't just correct for lens distortion either. It seems to sort the vignetting (that you never knew you had) out as well.

Once corrected the images look significantly lighter overall. I wonder what else the profiles correct for?

That would be useful but as far as I can see you have to do it manually.

You could either make it a Develop Preset to apply on import or do it for the first photo and then sync the settings across the rest, which only takes a few seconds*

Having tested it myself, it takes account of the different lenses' profiles if you're using more than one lens in a batch operation (so, for example, it doesn't try to apply the profile of a 17-40 f/4L to a 50mm f/1.4 lens).

* edit: use Lens Corrections > Lens Profile Corrections only. The Transform, Chromatic Aberration and Lens Vignetting settings are for the manual adjustments you may make separately.

You could either make it a Develop Preset to apply on import or do it for the first photo and then sync the settings across the rest, which only takes a few seconds*

Having tested it myself, it takes account of the different lenses' profiles if you're using more than one lens in a batch operation (so, for example, it doesn't try to apply the profile of a 17-40 f/4L to a 50mm f/1.4 lens).

* edit: use Lens Corrections > Lens Profile Corrections only. The Transform, Chromatic Aberration and Lens Vignetting settings are for the manual adjustments you may make separately.

OK, yes, I could try that......although I must admit I get quite a satisfied feeling when I tick the box for manual correction and see barrel distortion (almost ) disappear....:clap:

Have you noticed how much brighter the image appears after applying the lens profile? Can that change all be accounted for by a vignetting correction?

Perhaps it depends on the lens.......? Whatever, it's a great piece of software now.

Back