List of Inspiration (updated 22/09)

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying a 365, using the list of inspiration as my subject.
I'll add themes to the list as I think of them, to flesh out the list to 365 themes. I'm going to try and get a shot everyday.

Now, some of them I'm going to be really happy with, others I'm not going to be so happy with.
Just the way it will fall.
I won't be going through them in any particular order, and under each photo I'll offer a brief description of what the photo is about.

Today's theme:

#1: Green

2615584631_a7b1a0e594.jpg

The moment I saw these shoes, I fell in love with them. It took me bloody ages to find a pair, and eventually I found them in Camden (good ol' Camden :D). After buying these, I had £20 to last me 2 weeks, with a car running on empty. Definitely worth it :D

Last edited:
Please may I see all of both of them? Is that window in the background off the vertical? It's a shame to hide bits of something that you really like.

Today's theme:

#2: Lazy

2622422108_e22a4a7029.jpg

I never, ever make my bed. Its not so much that I can't do it, but its more that I can't be bothered to do it. Even though it's just 2 minutes from my life, I can never find the motivation to spread it out.

Last edited:
Today's theme:

#3: Games

2625193754_79374e3691.jpg

I've been a casual gamer since I was very young. I remember getting a PlayStation as a surprise from my parents on my 7th birthday with Crash Bandicoot and V-Rally.
I've always had an interest in games, and I find them relaxing - it allows me to escape and be someone/something else for a few hours. I don't consider it nerdy - no more nerdy than reading a lot about football, or watching Big Brother religiously.

Last edited:
Today's theme:

Games

2625193754_79374e3691.jpg

I've been a casual gamer since I was very young. I remember getting a PlayStation as a surprise from my parents on my 7th birthday with Crash Bandicoot and V-Rally.
I've always had an interest in games, and I find them relaxing - it allows me to escape and be someone/something else for a few hours. I don't consider it nerdy - no more nerdy than reading a lot about football, or watching Big Brother religiously.

Any good? I might get a few in after I come back from holiday!! - oh and interesting shot, :D

I never, ever make my bed. Its not so much that I can't do it, but its more that I can't be bothered to do it. Even though it's just 2 minutes from my life, I can never find the motivation to spread it out.

You shouldn't make your bed cos it stays warm & damp for ages and the bed bugs like a warm damp envronment so making your bed makes it unhealthy. so now you have the perfect excuse not to make it;)

Today's theme:

#4: Light

2627957967_7207a27c5f.jpg

Went on a photography trip to London today. The trip itself was pretty crap, completely unnecessary, and on the whole was a bunch of photography students walking around each taking photos of exactly the same things.
I tried to be original, and we found a skatepark absolutely covered with graffiti. Everyone was taking photos of the graffiti and the skaters, so I looked up, and as soon as I saw this skylight, I knew that it was going to be my photo for today under the topic 'Light'.

Last edited:
Brilliant shot - I love it! Well captured and well seen...

#5: Eggs

2631106719_e79debbe80.jpg

For some reason, we never take our eggs out of their carton, even though we have an amazing egg holder in our fridge. And we always buy free range eggs; Much better for the chickens.
I don't like egg unless I can't taste them.

Last edited:
Dunno were this went, and back it pops - lost it for a few days! I like it, quirky and excellent photos :)

Gary.

It went all the way to the second page of 'General Photo Sharing' :shrug:

It definitely needs more attention :p

Thanks for the kind words Gary :)

Reading through your 365, fantastic.
Write a book.

I can guarantee you won't regret it, even if its just to look back on in later life.

Photo, words, photo, words.
Heck, I would buy it.

#6: Zipper

2634278520_7ea5eeed95.jpg

I never realised how important zippers are.
They hold together so many things, and are so easy, yet so intricate, and so detailed. Whoever thought them up is not only a genius, but no doubt a billionaire.

#7: Money

2636050821_8d881486a2.jpg

Before I started to drive, money wasn't exactly a necessity. If I had £20 to last me until the end of the month, that is fine - food would still be on the table, I would still have a bed to sleep in, and I could still come home and settle down with my £1000 worth of games/tv/computer while comfortable in the fact that money at the age of 16 is more of a luxury than a necessity.
When I started driving, my parents paid for a few lessons and a few hundred pounds of my insurance, and bought me a £500 banger for christmas, so it's not as if I had to pay for EVERYTHING. I had £1700 in savings, so I was fine. That £1700 dwindled away with my lessons (I had about 30, at £20 each) and the fact that I failed my driving test 3 times (cost me £400 in car hire and tests just to take the test). I had to pay for £1500 worth of insurance with about £500.
It was a massive slap in the face.
Petrol is going up, my car is falling apart, it has it's MOT next month and is unlikely to pass, I won't have enough money to get it through the MOT, I won't have enough money to get a new car, and I don't know what I'll do. I will, however, cross that bridge when I come to it. But the thing that worries me is, "Holy s**t. Life alone without the support and comfort of a family, with house and lifestyle paid by someone else, is going to suck!"
Mortgage, gas, water, electric, tax, food, phone bill, running a car...
I had never really thought about it before now.

I can tell I'm not going to like being a grown-up :(

(ps. the first week of my 365 complete :) only 358 days to go ;))

Last edited:
I'm not on a downer today, it's just we've had a whole day with lectures from different universities, and it has got me thinking. Not positive thinking either.
Oh well, party tonight! I can be young for another year yet ;) :p

Thanks for the feedback Gaz. Not quite up to the emotional punch-in-the-face that is your photo-and-writing combination, but I will sure as hell try! :D

I'm not on a downer today, it's just we've had a whole day with lectures from different universities, and it has got me thinking. Not positive thinking either.
Oh well, party tonight! I can be young for another year yet ;) :p

Thanks for the feedback Gaz. Not quite up to the emotional punch-in-the-face that is your photo-and-writing combination, but I will sure as hell try! :D

Education, good on you - I can't stand it :D Enjoy the party, let that massive hairdo of yours down...:)

Gary.

#8: Rain Drop

2637769331_fa628d8dd9.jpg

Early one today.
This is a common occurance for me. I always leave my window open when I'm asleep - it helps me to sleep. So, heatwave, freezing winds, rain, snow, or shine, my window is open. My window, consequently gets covered in all matter of mother nature's excretion.

See this for example :p

Last edited:
Nice Background Blur, you seem to have a handle on using your gear effectively :LOL:

Erm, that's NOT a zipper though!!! :D :LOL:

Haha woops! Damn me for being lazy and not changing the title!

That's better :p

Thanks for the input gary :)

It seems you're the only one looking at my 365! Quite disappointing :(

It takes a few days to pick up and get a few subscribers, get on the other 365 threads and demand some support from your fellow daily updaters :D

Gary.

Haha woops! Damn me for being lazy and not changing the title!

That's better :p

Thanks for the input gary :)

It seems you're the only one looking at my 365! Quite disappointing :(

Nope, i look at it everyday :)

#9: Books

2642706494_774a35d7b0.jpg

I'm not really a book kinda guy. I have an imagination, so it's not that, but I'm fairly impatient - not a characteristic I'm proud of, but a characteristic I have nonetheless. I LOVE films. Adore them. I don't just watch films, I analyse them, watch them several times, discuss their meanings, discuss ideas and methods used, discuss cinematography.
Understanding Exposure is the first book I have bought in a while, and I've read a few pages of it. I look forward to getting more into the book, because the beginning of the book is stuff I already know. I'll do a review when I'm done ;) (y)

Back