Locations Isle of Man

Name
Jez
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to the Isle of Man and have been looking at photo opportunity places and seems to be so many to choose from. Can anyone recommend any special places to get some magical shots? :)

Jez

I took pictures of seals in Peel in 2007. The water is so blue at the point of Ayre which is nice too. Laxey wheel? The memorials to Steve Hislop (On Ramsey front up by the chip shop) and Joey Dunlop (On the mountain) The trams make nice pics, and the little train that goes to the Laxey wheel. Anything up on the mountain is nice when the mist rolls in (But not too much mist) :LOL:

Oooo light trails around gooseneck or down from Katy's cottage to the Creg.

Oh...yes, I do ride a bike lol, and I'm very jealous!! ;-) have fun!

And, if it's the TT you're going to don't miss out on Mad Sunday. Great pics to be had.

Ballaugh Bridge...bikes in the air...yay! (Even more jealous now...)

:wave: Are you coming for the racing or just to visit the island? There are lots of lovely locations here; think of a mini Lake District with some lovely beaches and quirky attractions thrown in.

Off the top of my head, for lovely sunsets try the west coast and places like Peel, Niarbyl and Port Erin. Peel is also good for the castle, the harbour and the great beach. There are lots of coastal walks and beautiful glens, you can see seals and great seascapes down at the Sound, if you like wide open spaces and bird life then consider a day trip to the Calf of Man. The village of Cregneash is a working museum and has thatched cottages, the Manx Loughtan sheep and various craft and farming activities. Then there are the usual tourist attractions like the Laxey Wheel, the steam railway, the electric trams and horse trams.

There are a few IOM residents on the forum so give us an idea of when you're coming and what sort of things and places you're looking for and we can come up with more suggestions (y)

Last edited:
Morning All
I will be going to the I.O.M. T.T. on the 31st of May for 10 days so I would also be interested in any suggestions.
Many thanks
Gary

Thanks for the ideas and locations :)

No won't be over for the TT. We are having family break in a cottage. It's my little ones first holiday

This is truly a magical island.

Virtually everywhere on the place lends itself to photography..... when I die the heaven I am going to is Monas Isle:love::love::love::love::love:

Have a great time - you will not regret it!

Seek out Groudle Glen. Not often mentioned in the tourist brochures, but a really photogenic place.

Yes Groudle is lovely, but then so are most of the glens. Ballaglass is another one well worth a visit.

Whereabouts are you staying, and are you bringing your own transport?

Morning Manxmaid
We are staying in a Hotel ( Can't remember name :thinking: ) in Douglas. Transport will be my Fireblade :D So fire away with any sugestions please.
Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary, any or all of the suggestions above still apply if you're looking for photogenic locations and from Douglas you're only about 30-40 minutes from anywhere! I expect you'll do a lap of the TT course quite soon after arriving here and that will give you a good idea of the scope of the island and the different types of scenery.

In addition, during the race weeks there are motorbike-related and music events organised around the island and you'll see details of those advertised on the TT website or in the newspapers/flyers etc. Plus of course loads of gleaming vintage bikes all over the place if that's your thing.

I'm sure you'll have a great time! (y)

What sort of things do you like to take photos of? There are too many things to list on here, have a look through some of the Isle of Man groups on flickr...

We're a friendly enough bunch!

Fingers crossed you get some nice weather :)

What sort of things do you like to take photos of? There are too many things to list on here, have a look through some of the Isle of Man groups on flickr...

We're a friendly enough bunch!

Fingers crossed you get some nice weather :)

Hi Sarah
Thanks for the reply. I will be taking pictures of the race bikes (fingers crossed) mainly but also some of the nice views you have on the island. I have been to the I.O.M but it was many years ago when I was a lot younger. I will check out flickr.
Thanks again
Gary

Back