London Beer/Film Meet Monday 19th May

This isn't the last word but your preference of evening would be useful

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can do Monday and the Bailey exhibition is only ten minutes away if anyone is interested?

How much is the Bailey exhibition? 15 quid or something like that? I could be up for it!

£16 Adults £13.50 concessions. Was looking at going when I was in London over Easter but £16 to get in seemed rather steep! This is London though, things are a bit different down there...

£16 Adults £13.50 concessions. Was looking at going when I was in London over Easter but £16 to get in seemed rather steep! This is London though, things are a bit different down there...

Indeed they are! I'd be happy paying 16 quid if I were specifically going to see it, that's like a fairly cheap gig ticket to see a band (or at least that's how I'd look at it). On Monday however that 16 quid will probably be getting exchanged for alkihol!

Indeed they are! I'd be happy paying 16 quid if I were specifically going to see it, that's like a fairly cheap gig ticket to see a band (or at least that's how I'd look at it). On Monday however that 16 quid will probably be getting exchanged for alkihol!

Yup, on about 2 pints? :p I saw a thing about a Don McCullin exhibition in a gallery in Mayfair area recently but it's not open Sun/Mon, and I can't remember for the life of me where. really wanted to go on Tuesday as well.

Yup, on about 2 pints? :p I saw a thing about a Don McCullin exhibition in a gallery in Mayfair area recently but it's not open Sun/Mon, and I can't remember for the life of me where. really wanted to go on Tuesday as well.

I'd have jumped at that had it been open! I'd like to see the Bailey exhibition but McCullin is right up my street!

Don McCullin's exhibition at the Daniel Blau gallery in Hoxton Square starts tomorrow Fri 16th.
I went this lunchtime - 24hrs too early!!

Question...this is not limited to MF is it ?? :) will be there anyway as I need to get Nick a pint or 2;)/

Infidel......burn him he's a witch.

Infidel......burn him he's a witch.
smiley_happymob.gif

Question...this is not limited to MF is it ?? :) will be there anyway as I need to get Nick a pint or 2;)/
It's not an MF meet but there are a few folk turning up with MF gear partly in response to @southernjessie 's request to have a look at an assortment of medium format gear.

But you can bring what you like, even a digital :eek:

Reactions: PMN
I'll bring my phone then. Hope the battery lasts all day, it's getting quite old now.

I have the same problem, I'm old and the battery life is pathetic, and I don't have any apps.

Don't fret, people. My digital will be accompanied by Hooley's 690 which I'm gonna steal from him for another 4 months.

He's 'supervising' me on a driving photo trip on Saturday (being a lowly learner I need someone to sit next to me and make sure I don't do anything silly - if that person is the Hooley then anything could happen).

Hmm... If I manage to splat his side of the car I wonder if I get to keep the Fuji?...

Don't fret, people. My digital will be accompanied by Hooley's 690 which I'm gonna steal from him for another 4 months.

He's 'supervising' me on a driving photo trip on Saturday (being a lowly learner I need someone to sit next to me and make sure I don't do anything silly - if that person is the Hooley then anything could happen).

Hmm... If I manage to splat his side of the car I wonder if I get to keep the Fuji?...

I've just finished updating my last will and testament, it's not looking good for you I'm afraid...

I don't own a MF camera so I deffo won't be bringing one haha. Trying to decide whether to bring the M2 or give the FM2 a run out, got half a roll of B&W left in the M2 but want to shoot colour so a bit unsure! Could always just bring both as I'm going down in a van so not exactly confined to a bag for packing space...

If anyone has Fuji 690 or Nikon f3 (f3/t would be better) then please bring it :)

If anyone has Fuji 690 or Nikon f3 (f3/t would be better) then please bring it :)
I've got an F3, if I've got room in my bag I'll bring it along, it'll have to wrapped in plain packaging though, the ugly little beast.

I've got an F3, if I've got room in my bag I'll bring it along, it'll have to wrapped in plain packaging though, the ugly little beast.

And again with insults.. poor little F3.....:hug:

I don't own a MF camera so I deffo won't be bringing one haha. Trying to decide whether to bring the M2 or give the FM2 a run out, got half a roll of B&W left in the M2 but want to shoot colour so a bit unsure! Could always just bring both as I'm going down in a van so not exactly confined to a bag for packing space...
I'd be interested in having a nosy at your M2 if you do decide to bring it, I currently have a bit of an itch for an older Leica to go alongside my Bessa...

Dodged a bullet today, almost had to spend the day in Salisbury on Monday for meetings but managed to swing it to Wednesday!

F5 prices have tumbled on the bay, I'll wait until they reach about £40 and get one to play with :D

You say that Brian but you know that when they drop to £40 you'll want one for £30 :LOL:

You say that Brian but you know that when they drop to £40 you'll want one for £30 :LOL:

:D but you never know...two old ladies at boot sale thinking the F5 body they found in a cupboard is some sort of complicated mouse trap. :D

Last edited:
So in preparation for tomorrow's meet, what film cameras do people want to have a look at?

So far I'm bringing the Fuji GS645, an MF folder of some description, the Nikon F3 and I'll bring an MF TLR, probably the YashicaMat 124G. Does anybody else want to have a particular camera or camera type in mind they want to have a look at, I'm sure between us all we must have most bases covered.

Back