London Beer/Film Meet Monday 19th May

This isn't the last word but your preference of evening would be useful

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
25 mins and I'll be there.

I'm not sure, I think Deans on his way without knowing who's there I'm not sure who's missing. I'm happy to drink elsewhere if the Ship and Shovel doesn't suit but it has to sell proper beer and as I said in an earlier post the beer at the castle is a bit s***e.

Next to embankment station and boat opposite the Eye

Sorry guys - had to work late! Mondays...
Yes your absence has been noted and a black mark placed against your name on the register.

Well done to all those that made the effort and turned up tonight, particularly those from oop north. As for the likes of the Hooley and Mr Snap, well shame on you for being so northern and anti-social. Even Northern Tom and Northern Paul made the effort so what's your problem? Dean, Mark, Mr Will and Lukas could be bothered to turn up and I have it on good authority that SouthernJessie turned up but you guys no. Well I hope you make more of an effort when we organise the next meet up.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMN
Just reporting back on my meet up with some of the guys tonight. It was a pleasure to meet Paul, Mark, Tom, Lukas and John. Some amazing cameras - most I hadn't seen before, especially the MF ones and the two beautiful Leicas. John's bag was like an Aladdin's cave of goodies! Sorry I couldn't meet the other guys that turned up and of course you Nick as I had to leave just before you arrived, but thank you for organising the GTG. Hopefully another meet will happen in the near future.

Reactions: PMN
Thanks all for a great evening of banter and nonsense, all the better for coming home to discover my GP3 films have arrived from HK, neatly wrapped in green paper and string with a customs declaration for them as a gift worth US$20....

And big thanks again to Nick, they look great on the little Yash ;)

Well I'm glad you all had a good time...no, really I'm glad, really, really glad.....

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for a fun night, was great to meet you all and as we said at the end, very much hope it becomes a regular occurrence!

I am really glad...just a bit annoyed that I couldn't make it. :(

Yes, thanks all, good to put some faces to names, look forward to the next one.

Thanks for arranging Nick

regards

Mark

I was sorry to miss this; we'd been away for the weekend, then when we got back I was unwell for a day. I really wanted a fondle of thse Fujis...

Chris, I can bring my GW690 III to the Edinburgh meet if you want.

Thanks for a very enjoyable day yesterday, all! It was indeed great to put so many faces to names and fondling cameras is always fun. We definitely need to do it again, hopefully next time with a more complete set of northerners!

Chris, I can bring my GW690 III to the Edinburgh meet if you want.

Yes please... and if anyone has a GA645Zi I really want to handle one of those!

Someone did ask (Tom?) what I pay for Ilford FP4 and I checked; ten rolls of 120, free p&p - always arrives first class next day - £40.32. I also couldn't remember quite what I paid for my red and orange Hasselblad filters and having checked on my fleabay account it was more than I care to admit on open forum....... !

Someone did ask (Tom?) what I pay for Ilford FP4 and I checked; ten rolls of 120, free p&p - always arrives first class next day - £40.32. I also couldn't remember quite what I paid for my red and orange Hasselblad filters and having checked on my fleabay account it was more than I care to admit on open forum....... !
Can you share a link to this eBay seller...
And what's the link to Tom's shop ??

Hopefully there's enough interest to make it a regular thing.

Can you share a link to this eBay seller...
And what's the link to Tom's shop ??

Royrk, item number 291150621182

It's always with me next day and I have ordered mid afternoon and got it first class post the following morning!

Toms shop is wycameras.com

M

Ah, that's a decent price. We have them up at £21/5 rolls but would probably do the same for 10 rolls so sounds about right :)

Am I the first?...

M

You are indeed, I finished my roll around Brick Lane today and should be developed Thursday eve I hope. If you look closely in the Thames here you can see that tenner that the wind got hold of earlier on in the day...

Am I the first?...

M

I've had some digital shots devved!

foP0pD0.jpg

:coat:

Nice one Mark.
Good to see you all for a natter on the nicest day of the year..... shame I couldn't get to the Shovel to see the rest of you.
Thanks Nick for setting up - hope it's not too long before we hook up again.
J

What on earth am I doing to be pulling that face?!
I think you're just pondering on whether you can justify buying yet another camera :LOL:

Back