London Beer/Film Meet Monday 19th May

This isn't the last word but your preference of evening would be useful

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So in preparation for tomorrow's meet, what film cameras do people want to have a look at?

So far I'm bringing the Fuji GS645, an MF folder of some description, the Nikon F3 and I'll bring an MF TLR, probably the YashicaMat 124G. Does anybody else want to have a particular camera or camera type in mind they want to have a look at, I'm sure between us all we must have most bases covered.
FE3?

I have an OM-1n (currently being repaired) so does anyone have another SLR that they really like, that they can bring, that is as good or better than the OM-1n (and that is affordable :))?

I was thinking compact but I'm now thinking no compact would be as good as an SLR.

Will anyone be there earlier - about 4.45pm?

I finish work at 4.30pm so I'd have 2 hours to kill if people are turning up at 6.30.
I could try to be earlier-need to ask other half what time she's coming back home.
We could either start drinking or walk around with film :)

Tom and I were planning to meet up a little earlier, maybe around 3. If we try keep an eye on this thread maybe more of us can meet up a bit earlier somewhere if anyone else is around!
if you guys do, post here so you will be easier to find :)

I might be but if we start two hours before everyone else we might be a bit squiffy....

I aim to be free around noon (hopefully) and I am going to the NPG for the Bailey Stardust exhibition, then maybe a wander to Somerset House if there is something on there. Then back to Charing Cross.

Will PM my mobbly number - try me around 4.30 and perhaps we can meet up?

Mark

I thought getting a bit squiffy was the aim? Or is that just me?!

I definitely want a good chunk of photo time today so (unusually for me) I have no plans to start boozing toooo early. 5pm's probably a reasonable time though! :D

PMd my number to a couple of you and for @southernjessie I will bring my Hasselblad.

Bearing in mind its going to be a hot one a sharpener on the Tattershall Castle might be a nice idea before heading off to Charring X for the early birds?

Mark

Ok that sounds good. I can get to the pub about 4.40pm or maybe if anyone is around Trafalgar Square about 4.30pm we can meet there and walk to the pub?

is that the bar on the river ?
never been there

Grrr, not fair, want to be in on this but have to work...

oh, and is anyone has Nikon F5, please take it along :)

I am afraid that work is causing me to have to pass on tonights meet, I have been sent off to a meeting and doubt I will be back into London in time to find you all (sober) :(

I still think Nick is right!

The pressing question is how long did it take you to arrange your shot?

Last edited:
I'll probably need to know what you guys look like / wearing and where exactly you're sitting on the boat! You can drop me a text if you like.

Reactions: PMN
I am afraid that work is causing me to have to pass on tonights meet, I have been sent off to a meeting and doubt I will be back into London in time to find you all (sober) :(
That's a shame Nick, I'm hoping this becomes a regular event if this one is a success so hopefully next time.

We're off for a quick wander along the South bank but we'll be back soon, just look for a Fuji 690 and Leica M2 on the table! :D
I should be there in around 30mins

@RaglanSurf 6 of us are round at the Tattershall Castle, fancy joining our little film party round here? :)

If you do is there anyone else expecting to meet at the Ship And Shovell? Obviously we don't want to be round here and leave someone stranded at the other pub!

Stop enjoying yourselves, why isn't it raining down that London...not fair, not fair and not fair.

Back