Losing your wife

Name
James (Retired)
Edit My Images
No
I have been caring for my wife at home through her terminal cancer.
I made a promise to her that i would look after her at home.
Last night she lost the battle & passed away quietly at 8.15.pm.
We are on our own with no other family,i felt i just had to type this as some kind of release i don,t know.

I'm sorry James. Best wishes and thoughts to you.

I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that you cared for her as well as you could right up to the end. That's exactly what I'd want to do and I'm sure she loved you all the more for it.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of love and support here and if you feel the need to post I'm sue there'll always be someone to answer.

I'd take some comfort from the fact she's beyond pain and suffering now but I do know that not everyone will share my beliefs and views.

Best wishes again James and well done for caring for your partner through the most difficult of times and no doubt providing great comfort and love.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that, our thoughts are with you at such a difficult time. It must be even harder in these isolating times, take care.

So sorry to hear this. RIP. She is at peace now.

My Wife had dementia. Diagnosed 13 years ago. For the first 9 years I looked after her at home until this became impossible. She then spent 3 1/2 years in a care home. She lost her battle and passed away last July. No matter how expected, it still comes as a shock to the system.

Take care of yourself and be happy with all the love and support you provided.

condolences James ,I think Alan has expressed all our feelings ..

I am so sorry this has happened.

I was not able to have my husband at home when he passed - he couldn't be moved to a Hospice either , but I was present and held his hand.

Try and take some comfort from the fact that some of us can share the pain as we have experienced it. It will ease a little in time.

She is now at peace , free from all suffering. Please take some comfort from that and the fact that you have carried out her wishes.

So sorry to hear this James. It's a big shock even though expected.

Really sorry for your loss James. Sometimes it can be very helpful to write down feelings and thoughts, even though it feels odd at the time. So don't be afraid to do this if it brings some relief or enables you to process things.

So sorry to hear this James :( My thoughts are with you

Really sorry to hear this.

I am sure your wife absolutely appreciated the time you had to together at home before she passed.

sorry for your loss, James. Wishing you all the best at this tough time

My condolences James had the same thing 22 years ago, strange times ahead for you, one thing that hit me a couple of weeks after was i was out driving and felt strange, took me a while to work out what it was, it was peace, no guilt about not being at home or rush t to get home, then i felt guilty about that.

A mate said to me, today you remember her with a tear on your face, the time will come when you remember her with smile on your face.

My condolences for you loss.
We also cared for my grandmother (terminal cancer) at home till the end. While it's not the same I can relate a little bit. Things do ease and time is a great healer.
Take good care of yourselves and try to remember the good times you had. That's what she'll have wanted.

There's nothing that I can usefully say, other than to offer my useless condolences. Most of us have been there in one way or another, and it does get better.

There is so little one can say at this sort of news other than time will help ease the pain of your loss.
Rob.

I can only echo the sentiments above of my & our fellow TP members/membership.......and extend my condolences to you.

All the best to you at this time and going forward.

I’m so sorry to hear this, sincere condolences, the TP family is with you.

Not really sure what to say but a a very sad post - hope you are bearing up ok and do reach out on here in me or any of us can be of help in any way. I cant comprehend what you are going through but dont be afraid to ask for help and maybe get in touch with Cruse who may be of help.

My sincere condolences James. I lost my wife to kidney cancer in Nov 2015, so I can empathise with you. Keep her alive in your daily thoughts and in your heart. God Bless.

very sad news.
you must feel so alone and life so empty.
I lost my wife unexpectedly following an operation 14 years ago.
The pain dims but the memories stay.

Keep busy and keep her memory alive.

My condolences :(

sincere condolences James sorry for your loss

I have been caring for my wife at home through her terminal cancer.
I made a promise to her that i would look after her at home.
Last night she lost the battle & passed away quietly at 8.15.pm.
We are on our own with no other family,i felt i just had to type this as some kind of release i don,t know.

That's awfully sad James, my sincere condolences.

So sorry to hear this James. It's a big shock even though expected, you have my sincere condolences.

My condolences, you fulfilled your promise and she will have known you did everything you could to make her comfortable - respect for that, I have been caring for my partner for almost 2 years now, so I know how tough it can be.

James that's terrible news, my condolences

I can only echo what Alan said really....

I'm sorry James. Best wishes and thoughts to you.

I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that you cared for her as well as you could right up to the end. That's exactly what I'd want to do and I'm sure she loved you all the more for it.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of love and support here and if you feel the need to post I'm sue there'll always be someone to answer.

I'd take some comfort from the fact she's beyond pain and suffering now but I do know that not everyone will share my beliefs and views.

Best wishes again James and well done for caring for your partner through the most difficult of times and no doubt providing great comfort and love.

Very sorry to hear this, and hope all goes well in the days ahead. Love and best wishes from here.

James, sorry to hear your bad news.

Over the years I've buried my Father, then my older brother and 4 years ago my MUM. who had a massive stroke and needed 24hr care that I just couldn't offer or afford. She was looked after very well and I visited her often but to this day I miss her. However she was not the person I knew as Mum. When she eventually passed I was in emotional turmoil but I've since accepted that she no longer suffers and is hopefully in a better place.

My sincere condolences, I hope with time the pain will ease.

Back