Louise Knight's self portrait 52 - Week 23 - Sarcoma Knows No Borders

For some reason i havn't seen your thread for a while Louise, shame on me as i've missed some stunning art!!!
I think there are too many for me to comment individually so ill sum up. You have posted a wide selection of images from both your dark side and your lighter side. They all carry a large bucket full of emotion and shows. The fact it shows makes your work all the more interesting. As people have said above you have amazing imagination and creativity and it makes for a great collection. note to self, I must pay more attention to your thread:)

week 19... the idea is good and it works, but ... I'm not sure about the almost in shot eyes... you've just got the edge of your lower lids in... I reckon all in or all out... although even then I'm not sure on where I'd crop it ... that's not very helpful I know...

week 20... superb, fits brilliantly with the other shot of the dress you made for your friend too... both have the sort of flying context in them. I like it.

week 21... great idea, you're still wearing that dress aren't you ?? This works very well, and the falling keys add to the effect that you blew them off your hand.

:clap: :clap:

Thank you!

I do agree with the 'part in part out' eyes, but I'm on a mission not to crop much this year, hence why they're there!

week 20 was supposed to be another levitation shot, but the table I'm sitting on caused too much grief. so it's a trapeze-style image instead.. :shrug: :)

week 21 was actually taken at the same time as week 20 (and week 22 actually.. oops I was killing 3 birds with one stone!) it wasn't a planned shot, I started playing with the keys and then BAM.. the idea hit me and I shot it and it came out PERFECT! ;)

For some reason i havn't seen your thread for a while Louise, shame on me as i've missed some stunning art!!!
I think there are too many for me to comment individually so ill sum up. You have posted a wide selection of images from both your dark side and your lighter side. They all carry a large bucket full of emotion and shows. The fact it shows makes your work all the more interesting. As people have said above you have amazing imagination and creativity and it makes for a great collection. note to self, I must pay more attention to your thread:)

Awh come and join in my thread, the more the merrier! Thank you kindly for your lovely comments on my work :) I've been slacking hugely the past few weeks I know but I'm slowly catching up - I WILL get there in the end! Come week 52 I'm sure I will be up to date!

This week I am wearing the same dress as the previous 2. This is because I was being LAZY and shot 3 weeks in one day. However, laziness works pretty well for me as I've now shot my second of the 7 deadly sins and here is "Sloth". Not much to say really.. apart from "I'm tired.. zzzzZZZZ..."

4774573349_0f5779a10e.jpg

Week 23 - Sarcoma Knows No Borders

This week is 'International Sarcoma Awareness Week'.

This week is also the week I lost a very special person to this horrendous disease.

"Sarcomas are cancers of connective tissue - bone, muscle, nerves, fatty tissue, cartilage etc. They are rare, accounting for about 1% of all cancer diagnoses, or around 3200 cases altogether in the UK each year. "

"Sarcoma can occur anywhere in the body. It does not discriminate based on age, gender, or race, and it occurs in countries all over the world. Yet it is the Forgotten Cancer."

International Sarcoma Awareness Week July 17th - 25th 2010

In loving memory of those who have lost their battle and for those who continue to fight this forgotten cancer.

4818356720_1c98370909_o.jpg

Lazy, another good one. I really like it, there's hints of levitation in it, but having seen the others... I've seen how you set it up ;)... still very good though, and it works very nicely.

wk 23... It's a good strong shot, well framed, and the definition of sarcoma (I wasn't sure what it was), links so well to the hand... I'm not sure on the DOF... perhaps a little more to bring the entire message into sharp focus, although the strong black writing makes it very clear.

I read the link that you posted about your dress, it is absolutely stunning. Great to be able to see the level of detail that that you can't quite make out in the weekly photos - and you really are VERY talented at dress making as well as photography!

But now onto the photos . . . beautiful as always.
"Redemption" and "in between" really stand out for me (and not just because they show off the dress that you received in return - even though it's gorgeous)
Both are very well composed and both have that ethereal quality that I love so much about your photos.

The Sarcoma shot is very different to your usual style and obviously has deep personal meaning to you. I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss.

You've pulled this off well. The fact that the writing is upside down really draws me into it and makes me want to know more about it. Perfectly framed and well lit. It's full of impact and meaning, and does exactly what you wanted it to do.

Annoyingly my internet connection is on the blink and I can't load up lots of pictures, I can only see your most recent one and I really like it.

Love the processing and depth of field, not much I can add to what's already been said. Sorry to hear about the reason behind it, but if you can help raise awareness (I'd never heard of it before) then it can only be a good thing. :)

Chris

Back