macbook pro 15 2011

Edit My Images
No
anyone got one
just bought one in immaculate condition
but I notice the underside gets warm only use it for ps cc
is this normal ?
does anyone use a cooling tray with a fan on it ?

they do get very hot, that model may also suffers from logic board issues.
it was part of a free fix but that ran out last year. mine had been repaired once and died again just after the advisory cover end date.

They often benefit from having the cooling paste replaced on the heat sink. Pretty simple to DIY. Apple were notoriously stingy with its amount and quality.

I also had 3 logic boards in less than a year courtesy of Apple on my 2011 model

My 2015 13" MBP gets extremely hot when running ON1 Photo Raw, or indeed any CPU intensive programs. I don't use any additional cooling for t.

I use a Mac (2014 15") and often use a cooling fan underneath it if I'm doing lots of processing.

My previous Mac, sorry can't remember what model, was eventually replaced for free by Apple after 5 motherboard replacements. Before that I had a Dell which also had to have a motherboard replaced, so it's not just an Apple thing. I think it's a hazard of so many components in a small space.

As a precaution I almost always use the cooling fan when processing photos or videos. I don't want to risk it... and have had no motherboard replacements for several years now.

Back