Daily Mandy's 365 Challenge started 17/11/13 Day 262 Added

Nice shot - I was gonna say that there was something wrong with it though Mandy - the cap is on ;)

Keep taking those tablets and hope you're better soon :)

Last edited:
This actually works pretty well on reconsideration for me Mandy though my first thoughts were "it's a little underexposed again" but of course I'm not sure what precise effect you were after :)

-

works well then :)

Thank you, one of the things I plan to work On is a bit more of a detailed description off the effect I hope to achieve. And what pp I have done so people don't have to second guess what I am trying to achieve. Not my strongest thing to do as I never know how to properly word it, but will be working on it as soon as I am 100%.

Good shot, like how you've isolated them on a black background. How did you achieve it? Is it pp or simply taken on a black background?

Thank you, the pens I put on my exorcise mat which is black had my flash gun firing so it bounces off the ceiling, in pp using Lr5 I upped the clarity to 100% and darkened the blacks and shadows and tweaked the exposure a little where all the colour channels are I lowered all the saturation sliders to remove the the blue and yellow haloing effect that was along the top off the pens. And to finish some adjustments on sharpening and noise reduction to get the finished image.

Thank you, the pens I put on my exorcise mat which is black had my flash gun firing so it bounces off the ceiling, in pp using Lr5 I upped the clarity to 100% and darkened the blacks and shadows and tweaked the exposure a little where all the colour channels are I lowered all the saturation sliders to remove the the blue and yellow haloing effect that was along the top off the pens. And to finish some adjustments on sharpening and noise reduction to get the finished image.

Great PP! I'll have to get more to grips with Photoshop and LR. I only manage very basic stuff in PP.

Well here i go with day 53 my first go at off camera flash and my first ever go at smoke art photography.

Day 53 NSR 500

This was taken on my 600d with my trusty 18-55 lens, pp wise i straightened the image ( hopefully ) upped the clarity, tweaked the exposure made the blacks a tiny bit darker, a little bit of sharpening and saturation boost and some noise reduction before processing. The bike was lit by my flahgun behind the bike and the little light from my iphone was lighting up the bike from the right hand side.

nsr500
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Day 54 smoke art

smoke art-Edit
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Love the bike shot but love the smoke shot more! :) I'd like to have a go at the smoke photography but haven't a clue where to start!

Thanks for the comments I am chuffed with how it turned out :)

Get your self some Incense sticks and a holder stick the camera in manual with the settings of 1/125 f11 50mm lens if possible manual focussing is best as well Stick your flashgun if you have one on the floor that's what I did, there's room for playing about tho to get what you want. I used my exorcise mat for a black background and stuck my incense stick in its holder and played about with the settings on my flash and positions until I got something in focus.

Back