Daily Mandy's 365 Challenge started 17/11/13 Day 262 Added

On the playboy lighter I'd have prefer to see it at a little bit of an angle as for my own taste being square on dosent really show it off, you loose the shape of it leaving it a little I'm guessing this was shot one a table? I'm guessing so from the line in the background, a little tool/aid I has when doing my 365 challenges was a large sheet of black mount card that I curved up my kitchen wall then taped to both the counter and wall, this acted as a back infinity wall as was just perfect for small still life/product shots like this...with the advantage it was nearly white on the reverse so I could have two have a white infinity wall when I wanted :D

Today's I can see what you mean about the strap and I have to agree with you, but other than that I cannot help but thing this is your best that I've seen to date with your light tent product shots, it's crisp and clean in the background and the focus looks great (y)

On the playboy lighter I'd have prefer to see it at a little bit of an angle as for my own taste being square on dosent really show it off, you loose the shape of it leaving it a little I'm guessing this was shot one a table? I'm guessing so from the line in the background, a little tool/aid I has when doing my 365 challenges was a large sheet of black mount card that I curved up my kitchen wall then taped to both the counter and wall, this acted as a back infinity wall as was just perfect for small still life/product shots like this...with the advantage it was nearly white on the reverse so I could have two have a white infinity wall when I wanted :D

Today's I can see what you mean about the strap and I have to agree with you, but other than that I cannot help but thing this is your best that I've seen to date with your light tent product shots, it's crisp and clean in the background and the focus looks great (y)

You are spot on the lighter was shot on my little ( very wobbly ) coffee table with a pint glass behind one peace of card and the other peace was on the table its self, it was lit from one side by using the torch on my iPhone and the flash gun was on the camera. As for today's shot i increased the power to the flashgun as i still have no way of shining light through my tent, I feel the slight power increase on the flashgun has helped to hide the creases from the tent. I am rather chuffed with this image with the exception off 1 or 2 images i'd say it is the best in my 365 so far.

Well seen as i am still awake i thought i would get day 65 out the way, taken on my 600d with probably some dodgy camera settings, which i think will rather suit this very dodgy image off my self. The crit i would give my self not to take self portraits off myself i don't think i look good in front off the camera. Well it's official now i only have 300 more images left to take, i cant believe how the time has flown by already.

Day 65 Mandy mug shot

Mandy-2
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Love the watch shot Mandy - and good to see you at last :)

Well i did the watch shot based on your earlier suggestion, As my clock is to big to go into my light tent and secondly it's pretty boring so this was the next best thing. As i don't own any pretty little carriage clocks or anything like that, as for me not my best mug shot i have better on facebook. I think i could be a good scarecrow :LOL: tho given i have no make up on :jawdrop: and my hair................. well that's another story entirely.

LOL - I guessed you'd done the watch after I commented so thanks for that and as to the "selfie" - it's a nice bold portrait IMO and we can all look forwards to the next one when you're all "Glammed Up" for a night on the town ;)

LOL - I guessed you'd done the watch after I commented so thanks for that and as to the "selfie" - it's a nice bold portrait IMO and we can all look forwards to the next one when you're all "Glammed Up" for a night on the town ;)

I guess it's not that bad apart from my dodgy cloning out off my door handle to my kitchen, door as i didn't want that in the image and cropping it out wouldn't look right.

nicely shot again but for me a little repetitive - how about taking some different viewpoints or even macro/close-ups of parts of the model ? (just a suggestion of course) :)

nicely shot again but for me a little repetitive - how about taking some different viewpoints or even macro/close-ups of parts of the model ? (just a suggestion of course) :)

Yes it is a bit repetitive, and to be fair i am getting bored of shooting things indoors i want to be getting off out on my bike and taking pics. But Mr god seems to have other ideas with what he's doing with the weather at the moment and they don't meet with what i would like at the moment. I will have to have a think off what to do for 67 or i might have a break for a few days until i can think off some creative things to do as i am struggling at the moment and getting frustrated with it all.

Not sure what has kept me from calling in for a couple of days but none the less I have been away from your thread...

I'm really liking the watch, not the easier of subject to get a good photo of a largely white subject on a white background but you've pulled it off, the only slight shame being that the top of the strap is off frame, I do however like he use of off centre presentation, it would be a candidate for a nice little passage about time to be placed in the clear space..

Your self portrait it works well for a quite dark image, you've nailed focus but I cannot help but thing a little bit of fill in the shadow side from a reflector even if a simple improvised one from card with tin foil would have just added sufficient light to add a little detail into the shadows, to me one of things that is a little negative is a light wall behind your shoulders as it shows up against the rest of the dark image which is a shame something of watch out for in the future, I'm a firmly behind the camera kind if guy so kudos to you for getting in front of the camera, I would be tempted to warm the colours/white balance up just a little as the tones of the image feel a little cool to me

To this evenings model bike, the focus looks great but the power of the flash has over powered the subject a bit to the point that parts of the bike are sufficiently over exposure that they have become lost into the background, such as just behind the seat and just behind the front wheel, this is a real shame, these type of shots are always going to be a balancing act until you've the ability to light the tent and he subject with separate light sources...

Matt

Not sure what has kept me from calling in for a couple of days but none the less I have been away from your thread...

I'm really liking the watch, not the easier of subject to get a good photo of a largely white subject on a white background but you've pulled it off, the only slight shame being that the top of the strap is off frame, I do however like he use of off centre presentation, it would be a candidate for a nice little passage about time to be placed in the clear space..

Your self portrait it works well for a quite dark image, you've nailed focus but I cannot help but thing a little bit of fill in the shadow side from a reflector even if a simple improvised one from card with tin foil would have just added sufficient light to add a little detail into the shadows, to me one of things that is a little negative is a light wall behind your shoulders as it shows up against the rest of the dark image which is a shame something of watch out for in the future, I'm a firmly behind the camera kind if guy so kudos to you for getting in front of the camera, I would be tempted to warm the colours/white balance up just a little as the tones of the image feel a little cool to me

To this evenings model bike, the focus looks great but the power of the flash has over powered the subject a bit to the point that parts of the bike are sufficiently over exposure that they have become lost into the background, such as just behind the seat and just behind the front wheel, this is a real shame, these type of shots are always going to be a balancing act until you've the ability to light the tent and he subject with separate light sources...

Matt

Thanks for dropping by yes the watch was a little fiddly to shoot to start with but I am happy with it, I changed my processing on it as the place pink off the strap didn't show up all that well.

My selfies are always going to be tricky as I don't have the gear, I can't even make home made stuff for now as I lack the stuff. I been having one off them moments where I lack inspiration off what to do. So the selfie was a case of set the camera up and sit on the sofa with the remote in hand and hope for the best.

Yes I forgot to change the settings on the flash from when I did my selfie, I didn't notice until I viewed larger on the PC. I should of re shot the image with different flash settings, but I had some other things to attend to sadly.

It's not easy sometimes especially with other trees in the same eyeline level in fact I used to quite like the fact that my old camera only had 0.95x coverage with the viewfinder as it gave that little extra safety margin :)

Last edited:
It's not easy sometimes especially with other trees in the same eyeline level in fact I used to quite like the fact that my old camera only had 0.95x coverage with the viewfinder as it gave that little extra safety margin :)

I like the trees in the abbey grounds they offer some nice shapes, but trying to find one and have a clean background. It's a tricky task to do over there but it's a nice peaceful place to go and sit down by the lake that's, so you can clear your mind and I needed a spot off that. After being so ill and cooped up in my flat for so long.

Nice shot Mandy love the 2 tone effect

I use old Christmas or Birthday wrapping placed under bowl the oil and water is in - can create some interesting BG's or even an old CD with added torch- as they reflect light in an interesting way like this shot

Oil & CD 8
by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

worth a go and its great fun

Les :banana:

Nice shot Mandy love the 2 tone effect

I use old Christmas or Birthday wrapping placed under bowl the oil and water is in - can create some interesting BG's or even an old CD with added torch- as they reflect light in an interesting way like this shot

Oil & CD 8
by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

worth a go and its great fun

Les :banana:

Thanks Les for dropping by again, your shot looks very funky I like it.

Back