weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

2 nice B&W images Mark.

Old lovely use of DoF some great details in the bird bath.

Liquid - I like that a different take on the theme.

Hi Mark,
  • Old - it could almost be a font. Most useful for those outdoor baptisms ;)
    Plenty of detail and a full range of tones.
  • Liquid - I'm guessing this was a bit more of a struggle than 'old'. It works for the theme, but only because you know what the theme is. I don't find the river to be the obvious subject in this shot, sorry.

I prefer dark too light. Darker b&w seem to have more impact (well for me anyway).

2 nice B&W images Mark.
Nice Tones in the Image, the dark brings out a lot of detail.

Pete
Nice details capture in the birdbath. DOF works well.

Pete
Not too dark for me - I like them both. The bird bath background is very nice.
Old lovely use of DoF some great details in the bird bath.

Liquid - I like that a different take on the theme.
Both old and liquid work really well for me.
Hi Mark,
  • Old - it could almost be a font. Most useful for those outdoor baptisms ;)
    Plenty of detail and a full range of tones.
  • Liquid - I'm guessing this was a bit more of a struggle than 'old'. It works for the theme, but only because you know what the theme is. I don't find the river to be the obvious subject in this shot, sorry.
Liquid is just right for me, as you have some nice lighting at the bottom.
Liquid is nice with the brighter water between the reeds.
Both very nice detailed shots.
I prefer dark too light. Darker b&w seem to have more impact (well for me anyway).

Thank you for the feedback, & apologies for my lack of..

Week 22 - A household item. This has became quite a part of our household over the last seven months..

DSC00945a.jpg

I like the dog image, but do wonder if it may have been more impactful (is that even a word?) in colour (?). Nice use of DoF and the expression and pose is really nice and it's a lovely composition. I just think the B+W doesn't really allow the main subject to stand out, personally (I may be in a majority of 1 on this ;) )

I like the dog image, but do wonder if it may have been more impactful (is that even a word?) in colour (?). Nice use of DoF and the expression and pose is really nice and it's a lovely composition. I just think the B+W doesn't really allow the main subject to stand out, personally (I may be in a majority of 1 on this ;) )
You're probably right, but I only had b&w film!

Lovely image of your dog I agree they become a big part of the household. I like the B&W version but would like to see it in colour as Jim says it may have more impact.

Lovely portrait Mark.
I don't normally like B&W images of animals, as it always seems to take something away (IMO) but there is plenty of detail in that one.

(I'll leave it there and not mention the clipped tail tip :D )

Lovely portrait Mark.
I don't normally like B&W images of animals, as it always seems to take something away (IMO) but there is plenty of detail in that one.

..I have a photo with the complete tail, but preferred this one. I wasn't sure about having part chopped off, as I see portraits from proper photographer's with the top of heads missing..

as I see portraits from proper photographer's with the top of heads missing..
I think they call that art don't they? :D

Poochtastic - fab shot!

Hi Mark great photo of your fantastic dog, I think the B&W really suits it. Plenty of details visible.

Pete

Lovely dog.. lovely shot of dog. Lots of texture in the b&w.

Lovely image of your dog I agree they become a big part of the household. I like the B&W version but would like to see it in colour as Jim says it may have more impact.
Lovely portrait Mark.

Lovely image of your dog Mark, good in mono too.
Poochtastic - fab shot!
Gorgeous composition... gorgeous dog. Love this photo
Lovely expression captured on your dog - and dinner works in b&w for me. The tail bothers me a bit - but only a little.
Hi Mark great photo of your fantastic dog, I think the B&W really suits it. Plenty of details visible.

Pete
Lovely dog.. lovely shot of dog. Lots of texture in the b&w.
An important part of the household and what a lovely dog. Nice PoV too.
Nice range of tones. I generally prefer more punch, but I think this works.
Could you have gotten the whole tail in?
Nice serious looking dog portrait.
Handsome Devil. Nicely captured.

Thankyou all..

I like that Mark nice use of DoF to make the Poppy really pop out form the muted greens.

Nice poppy shot - and congrats for not doing the cliche colour pop :D

Great take on the subject and colour pop. I might have considered a slight crop from the left bottom corner to put the poppy on a third.

Plain and simple Mark, it works well.

Well spotted Mark, I have not been out and about to see any in the wild this year.

The Red against the Green, great.

Pete

Love seeing the odd poppy rather than the usual field full. Nicely captured and good dof.

Back